Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-10-2013, 07:00 AM
solo_kum

Angel1 Meditation is against christianity?

Hello guys,

May be the same question has been raised by people too many times earlier.I really would like to clarify this doubt? Is meditation an Anti-christ? A lot many Christians say that meditation is against christianity, because it deals with past life, but christianity mentions Only one life...Also, meditation is somewhat related to controlling the breathing stuff..that's also people say that it's against christianity..I am a Christian and have been practising meditation since June 2013..Some of my christian friends and my my relatives say Practising meditation is a sort of Anti-christ. Whenever they say like this I feel guilty and encounter a feeling like I am the biggest sinner on earth..:(..I'm looking forward to your prompt reply..Thanks in advance!!
Old 05-10-2013, 08:01 AM
Ecthalion

Christians have always meditated. The lives of early Christian monks and hermits involved a lot of meditation.

Does it feel "evil" to you? It is not. Unfortunately many fundamental Christians, fearful of "new age" practices condemn any thing which is not a tradition of their church.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:56 AM
Master

I'm guessing you don't feel it's of the anti-christ and I would also guess the others who advise you against meditating know nothing about it nor have they ever meditated. I would stop worrying about what other people think. You know it to be okay and even beneficial.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Master
It's ok its a good thing. God desires a quiet time of prayer with us and times of relaxed mindlessness etc can open up a chance of hearing God. I do it often and it helps me get closer to God. I have to admit to not following too many examples with regard to breathing etc. I dont feel wrong doing it I feel I let god down if I don't give him my time that way. Meditation is great for a Christian done the right way as is exercise yoga too.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:58 PM
God's in trouble then.
He's the one that said , Be still and know that I am God.
Big trouble.

Jesus is in worse trouble, tho...telling us to Seek the Kingdom of Heaven;
Then telling us the Kingdom of God or Heaven is within.

"If thine eye be single thy whole body will be full of light."...what single eye?
The Third Eye, the Seat of the Soul...Jesus obviously was
the anti-christ......kidding.

Ps 46:10
Matt 6:33, Luke12:31
Lule 17:21
Luke 11:36 KJV

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-10-2013, 01:05 PM
Forgot, Christianity actually does talk about past lives...a lot.
My gosh, I wrote a paper on it 44 years ago.
I'm sure if you googled Reincarnation in the Bible....you would find all
the verses. I used to have some great links, but don't anymore, sorry.

It's all there in black and white.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-10-2013, 01:08 PM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
"If thine eye be single thy whole body will be full of light."...what single eye?
The Third Eye, the Seat of the Soul...
This shows how the bible can be read to mean whatever one wishes it to mean. I had always took this verse to mean that if one's eyes/mind/outlook is devoted to God then one's whole life and soul we be.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:09 PM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Forgot, Christianity actually does talk about past lives...a lot.
Interesting, but this thread is about meditation; not reincarnation. The two are not necessarily bound together.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
Interesting, but this thread is about meditation; not reincarnation. The two are not necessarily bound together.
You are exactly correct.
She/he brought up "past lives" in the orig post....that's why
I added that.
Seems to have been an issue against meditation.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
This shows how the bible can be read to mean whatever one wishes it to mean.
I had always took this verse to mean that if one's eyes/mind/outlook
is devoted to God then one's whole life and soul we be.
Yes, I understand.
Many people interpret any reference to light as merely a
' light of understanding', too.

When one has seen the Light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world....when one has
been knocked over in awe after seeing It within
themselves...within...in your own head, brighter than 10,000 suns as
some Scriptures describe It...Scriptures from every culture and time have a whole different meaning.

I say to you, Jesus was correct.
When your eye is single...your whole body will be full of light.
That is where the Kingdom of God is...within.

I will add...and your life will never be the same.

Good or bad...you will be doubted, debated, mocked, eschewed...
but you will alone go home inside yourself and bask in It.