Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 25-05-2013, 07:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I wouldn't get medical advise from this forum... but if maybe if you peroxide your hair...
He he, that would look good, peroxide hair, yea I don't just believe anything told to me either, I always do my own research, and that goes for medical science stuff, after all doctors and pharmacological companies bury their mistakes.
Old 25-05-2013, 07:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
He he, that would look good, peroxide hair, yea I don't just believe anything told to me either, I always do my own research, and that goes for medical science stuff, after all doctors and pharmacological companies bury their mistakes.

So, you just go by the DSM V? LOL
Old 25-05-2013, 07:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
So, you just go by the DSM V? LOL
no, the MIMS, it tells you what doctor doesn't.
Old 25-05-2013, 08:45 AM
Master
Just a cautionary note concerning Hydrogen Peroxide from a long-experienced Industrial Chemist i.e. me !

It is an accelerant* - used as part of rocket propellants. Evidence shows that, when used to clean wounds, it may delay healing because it destroys skin cells. Dilute solutions are not stable and decompose in sunlight.
I would no more put it in my ear than I would household bleach !

Peroxides as a class of chemicals are extremely dangerous ! I say no more.
Old 26-05-2013, 02:55 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
There are guys that actually do research into what works and what doesn't and come up with stuff called medicine, and there's quacks who don't do any research and come up with **. A researcher would say peroxide will kill the bacteria in the ear but it won't relieve of flu or cold... An expert in medicine will say that we don't have a cure for these sicknesses, a quack will say we do.

That's ****......

There are guys that do research in order to push drug company garbage and twist and turn the results to no-end. I'm continually reading doctors who "despise" the drug industry and have taken-off on their own to actually help the folks who come to them. We do not have deficiencies in Prilosec, Lipitor or Zocor! We do have an over-exposure to concentrated sweeteners (about 150-180 pounds per person per year) we do have an over-exposure to foods sprayed with chemical poisons, and overly processed dead food in powders, boxs and cans.

Here's where most of your "quacks" are found.... they call themselves "doctors" and their soul purpose is to push drugs on a gullible population... they push insulin on folks who can easily cure themselves with intelligent life style changes, they use the bogus concept of "cholesterol being a problem", then push Statins that actually create the very problems that they insist they're addressing.... Pick any drug and then track any study that was done on that drug "Outside" of the drug system. In most cases the placebo does better!! And when the drug seems to "work" it's been observed that that's likely placebo as well... and yet in each the "side-effects" range from nuisance to absolutely deadly!

Our medical system is in the process of being re-booted... but it won't be done by the quacks that now rule the roost.... the researchers you speak of are mostly beholden to their corporate lord-masters and are slowly being replaced by real people....
Old 26-05-2013, 03:31 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Just a cautionary note concerning Hydrogen Peroxide from a long-experienced Industrial Chemist i.e. me !

It is an accelerant* - used as part of rocket propellants. Evidence shows that, when used to clean wounds, it may delay healing because it destroys skin cells. Dilute solutions are not stable and decompose in sunlight.
I would no more put it in my ear than I would household bleach !

Peroxides as a class of chemicals are extremely dangerous ! I say no more.

And yet more can be said!

You evidently haven't studied this much past your industrial applications! If your really want to know more about Hydrogen Peroxide, and it's cousin Ozone, here's a great book to look into:

The Oxygen Prescription: The Miracle of Oxidative Therapies by Nathaniel Altman

Another book that actually deals with the "science" of the benefits of Oxygen exposure is:

Flood Your Body with Oxygen by Ed McCabe

And if you can pony-up the bigger bucks ($154) for a deeply serious look at the science you can upgrade your knowledge with the following:

OZONE: A new medical drug by Velio Bocci

We are simply talking about an extra oxygen molecule or two when it comes to hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) and Ozone (O3). The medical applications are quite wondrous when used properly... and are used effectively and freely in Germany, Italy, Russia and Cuba... the rest of the world is slooowly catching on to it's benefits (they finally made it's use legal in Washington state and it now has it's own billing code for it's wise use in dentistry (#162).

Your knowledge on the subject is dated.... if you truly are interested enough to comment on it's use, with an air of authority, it wouldn't hurt for you to first explore a little bit further...
Old 26-05-2013, 04:05 PM
StephenK

http://www.frequencyrising.com/hydrogen_peroxide.htm

Hydrogen peroxide is involved in all of life's vital processes, and must be present for the immune system to function properly. The cells in the body that fight infection (known as granulocytes) produce hydrogen peroxide as a first line of defense against invading organisms like parasites, viruses, bacteria and yeast. It is also required for the metabolism of protein, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins and minerals. As a hormonal regulator, hydrogen peroxide is necessary for the body's production of estrogen, progesterone and thyroxin; it also helps regulate blood sugar and the production of energy in cells.
Old 26-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Master
I agree that Low Volume Hydrogen Peroxide is harmless but the concentrated i.e. Industrial Grade is certainly not. Hydrogen peroxide is not simply water with an additional oxygen added. It is best represented as a double hydroxyl radicle with a long-pair of electrons - the much maligned free radicle ! Likewise, ozone is not simply superoxygenated Oxygen. It can damge mucus and respiratory tissue in mammals and and plant tissue in concentrations above 100 parts per billion. Concentrated ozone can decompose explosively.
The US EPA gives a limit of 40 nmol/mol and the EU use 60nmol/mol. Anyone with asthma or bronchitis plus other susceptibilities should avoid ozone like a plague.

My point is that both Hydrogen Peroxide and Ozone are physiologically toxic at a cellular level, so why risk even minute doses.
Old 26-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Master
They add all sorts of stuff to our drinking water that in full concentration would kill us, so what's the difference in using HP, in its diluted form?.
Old 27-05-2013, 04:17 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
My point is that both Hydrogen Peroxide and Ozone are physiologically toxic at a cellular level, so why risk even minute doses.

And my point is... that it's being widely tested and used in clinical environments around the world, much to the chagrin of the medical industrial complex. Once the original ozone generator is purchased (a small medical grade version for around a $1000US) then the drug companies can no longer profit from its use. Now do yourself a favor and stop being such a self-assured fluff on the subject and perhaps investigate something that may actually be new to you...

This reply focuses specifically on Ozone, but there is equally vibrant work in regards to hydrogen peroxide as well...

Here's a quick breakdown on it's active process by a site that specializes in its use in dentistry... essentially the same applies with it's internal use as well:

http://www.ozonefordentistry.com/DentalO.html
  • Ozone is an oxidant and is also referred to as an oxidizer. An oxidizer is a substance that accepts an electron from another substance and is then reduced. It acts as an electron acceptor. It also adds an oxygen atom to the compound being oxidized. In vivo it produces hydroperoxides, lipoperoxides, etc.
  • Healthy cells have antioxidant enzymes in their cell membranes, such as: superoxide dismutase, catalase, glutathione peroxidase, etc. There are also antioxidants such as: vitamin C, vitamin E, etc. present in the extracellular matrix fluids, plasma, etc. These antioxidants protect the healthy cells from being oxidized (burned up) by ozone.
  • Pathogens such as: Bacteria, Viruses, Fungi, and Parasites have little or no antioxidant enzymes in their cell membranes. This makes them vulnerable to oxidants. An oxidant (ozone, chlorine, etc.) will destroy the cell membrane of the pathogen resulting in a disinfecting or sterilizing effect. Ozone leaves NO TOXIC BYPRODUCTS like chlorine compounds (trihalomethanes, etc.) leave in vivo or ex vivo. The final breakdown products of O3 are water and oxygen.
And here's an online, condensed dissertation of ozone's history and use:
http://uralica.com/oz.htm

And this site details its use in current clinical practices:
Ozone Therapy Information, Ozone Therapy Articles, and Ozone Therapy Studies
http://www.oxygenhealingtherapies.com/ozone_therapy.html

Now, I would be happily impressed if you happened to take the time to upgrade your knowledge a bit on this most interesting subject.... :^)