Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 31-10-2012, 07:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
truth.

You think you have it pinned down and have even convinced yourself it's real. because to you it is, but as I said , It is even now your take on the subject. 100 might broadly agree with you, but 2 or 3 may not, simply because they experience their absolute purity of being in a different way to you.

righton, Neville!

i have no difficulty accepting truth but i do have problems with folks insisting that i see truth from only their point of view.
Old 31-10-2012, 07:11 PM
amy green

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
I imagine the question is subject to cognitive bias, because even Universal Truth is Universal Truth as you experience it and clearly not as other people experience. The thing of it appears to be that whatever one experiences and feels is going to be a very personal and individual experience and feeling.

The resistance you would encounter will be as a result of this, But as you know, I feel absolute truth to be a myth , because it is suggestive of being immutable, Creation, The Universe is never immutable,It's always changing and transforming It follows then that One truth will change into another truth.

You think you have it pinned down and have even convinced yourself it's real. because to you it is, but as I said , It is even now your take on the subject. 100 might broadly agree with you, but 2 or 3 may not, simply because they experience their absolute purity of being in a different way to you.

So, to you, the Universal Truth is a myth since what can be experienced will be static. A snapshot nevertheless can afford a valuable glimpse of the structure and dynamism of this truth which would not otherwise be available.

I have had such a mystical experience whereby my ego dissolved into the Oneness - I perceived how everything is intrinsically interconnected....like a massive web. I was stunned and deeply affected by this. It was a long time ago but is not something that can ever be forgotten.
Old 31-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
So, to you, the Universal Truth is a myth since what can be experienced will be static. A snapshot nevertheless can afford a valuable glimpse of the structure and dynamism of this truth which would not otherwise be available.

I have had such a mystical experience whereby my ego dissolved into the Oneness - I perceived how everything is intrinsically interconnected....like a massive web. I was stunned and deeply affected by this. It was a long time ago but is not something that can ever be forgotten.

how can one know if an experienced truth is THE Universal One?

just because it feels like THE Universal Truth to you (and even if you managed to get agreement from every human on the planet) it still may not be so for other sentient life forms in the universe, the universe to which you would apply your universal truth
Old 31-10-2012, 07:33 PM
amy green

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
how can one know if an experienced truth is THE Universal One?

just because it feels like THE Universal Truth to you (and even if you managed to get agreement from every human on the planet) it still may not be so for other sentient life forms in the universe, the universe to which you would apply your universal truth
That's a good question.

I can only say then that it constituted a global truth of this planet. However, there is a phrase "As above, so below" -
that wherever we look the patterns will be the same....at a microscopic level, at our level and at the cosmic level.

Last edited by amy green : 31-10-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old 31-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
righton, Neville!

i have no difficulty accepting truth but i do have problems with folks insisting that i see truth from only their point of view.

with respect, what other point of view can they offer?
Old 31-10-2012, 07:54 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Some people object when others - discoverers and teachers and other awakening ones - speak about something so pure and true that nothing compares to it. Why? Is universal truth something people feel the need to protect themselves from, as if it were a threat? If so... what does it threaten?

Xan

Well, here comes my answer. It is in a piece of writing I completed 10 years ago. Hope you like it

We must express who we are as honestly as we can. We must be who we are, and not be anything other than. If we fail, then let us fail because of the choices that we have made consciously, rather than merely being swayed by the stirrings of our subconscious impulses. Failure and success has always been determined by our willingness to choose. Often our subconscious mind has already made the choice long before the conscious part of itself has become aware that a choice has even been made. Often the conscious mind is too wrapped up with its own concerns (The continuous running towards comfort and away from discomfort) to notice that a choice is being made on a subconscious level. There are many times when an individual wishes to calm the conscious part of itself yet has an irrational fear of doing so. Usually this is because on some level it is becoming aware and wishes not to be. There is a deep understanding within a being that at the advent of full spiritual awareness there comes responsibility for one's own well being (It is worth noting though that we are responsible for all of our thoughts including our subconscious ones.)

I think this is part of the reason behind why people react with fear.
Old 31-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Guide
Sorry for the size of the writing
Old 31-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Master

There may be a universal spiritual Truth, I just go by experience. Everyone I've seen that claims to have it seems to lack awareness of themselves and feeds off the 'special knowledge' to satisfy some emotional deficiency. It sure feels good to think you're privy to some experience or knowledge others aren't. I'd rather have honesty than superiority over others though. The truth about ourselves is scary and not as enticing as 'The Truth(tm)', but has a lot more substance and better results.
Old 31-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
That's a good question.

I can only say then that it constituted a global truth of this planet....
Whether this truth is part of a bigger Universal Law...

I agree. We all have a different perspective on the truth. It is our perspective that changes as we evolve. It is up to the person receiving your words to decide what measure of truth is expressed through them.
Old 31-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
with respect, what other point of view can they offer?

well that's precisely correct, pete ... for every human point of view, which why "wise men" don't lament when others don't see their "universal truth" as universal.