Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 19-04-2012, 06:52 PM
MoonWillow

Natural/ Alternative Remedies

How many of you use them, and what do you use them for?

I love natural remedies, and over the last couple of days have had to use one or two of them.

Got one of those rotten cold virus's that's doing the rounds right now.

Started off as a bit of a chesty cough, turned to a dry cough, and is now a head cold.

So I used Hopi Candles for my ears as I had a touch of earache. And today as it started to really get a hold of me, I put some good old Eucalyptus Oil in boiling water after I came home from work and steamed my head for a while.

Then to help the Sinus's even more, made a concoction of Honey,Lemon and a Clove of Garlic..determined to blitz those bugs good and proper.

Had a couple of Paracetamol's at work in desperation as the headache started to get a good grip. But if they lasted an hour that's all it was. Don't like putting chemicals into my body at the best of times. But sometimes needs must..for what good it did.

MW.
Old 19-04-2012, 08:10 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings MoonWillow:

I am a certified natural health consultant.

I use dried herbs in various ways--to make healing teas and astringents.

I use essential oils to make healing ointments.

For your current ailment I use a tea made of;

Peppermint--an anti-microbial specific to the lungs

Chamomile--an anti-histamine to block allergies

Elderflower (or Oregano--if you can't find the Elderflower)--anti-mucal

Rosehips--for C vitamins and to boost immunity

Avoid boiling herbs in a metal pot--instead--heat them in a cup in the microwave for about 5 mins (or pour boiling water over them)--then cover and allow to steep for another 5 mins.

3 cups a day should do the trick--you will feel better in about 3 days.

Peace and Love on your path to TotalHealing...

Blessed be...
Old 19-04-2012, 09:57 PM
amy green

Here is a sure-fire, guaranteed remedy for treating a developing cold sore. To work, it's necessary to catch this at the early stage, i.e. when it first starts to tingle (before it is developed). Just place an ice cube on it until it feels numb (won't take long). That's it - simple! It will kill the virus stone dead.
Old 20-04-2012, 06:21 AM
MoonWillow

Thanks both of you.

Have to say having had a bad nights sleep and now got a banging headache just behind my eyes, that I will for future ailments certainly make sure that I have the ingredients in that have been listed for me by you.

I'm going to see if I can source them all today, hopefully I can.

Certainly feel at the worst point today. They say that when you feel at your worst that that is when the Virus is dying and trying to keep going.

I've never suffered from Cold Sores, but my Daughter does. Will certainly remember the Ice Cube and pass the information on.

LadyTerra- what amounts of all the ingredients do you use for each brew?

Many thanks.

Blessings.

MW.
Old 20-04-2012, 07:07 AM
MoonWillow

Have managed to source them all on line, even the Elderflower.

MW.
Old 20-04-2012, 05:12 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings MoonWillow:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonWillow
Have managed to source them all on line, even the Elderflower.

MW.

I am glad to hear that you have found what you need.

The amounts you use depend on the size of your cup. I have a cup that is actually a soup bowl (probably (3) times the size of a normal coffee cup) and I use approximately 1/4 tsp of each.

However--being an old KitchenWitch--I never (actually) measure anything. I just use a pinch of this and that and sometimes Herbs like Peppermint and Chamomile can be found in pre-measured tea bags (in which case I just drop a bag in the cup).

It is (also) useful to note that the same Herbs can be used twice. Although--the first cup will always be the strongest (of course).

Peace and Love on your path to TotalHealing...

Blessed be...
Old 29-04-2012, 03:59 AM
Wickerman

Is elderflower hard to find? It is a weed here, grows everywhere. You are talking about elderberry bloom heads right?
Old 29-04-2012, 04:50 AM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickerman
Is elderflower hard to find? It is a weed here, grows everywhere. You are talking about elderberry bloom heads right?

That is correct.

The ironic thing is that when I lived in the city Elderflower grew everywhere.

I live in the country (now) and can't find it anywhere. Luckily--I have a large store of the flowers I harvested. It is the most powerful anti-mucus botanical I have ever found.
Old 29-04-2012, 07:57 AM
MoonWillow

Update..Received all the herbs and have been making the herb tea since. Love the taste, nothing like I expected.

It has helped and I feel lots better. My Son has been taking it as well, and has helped him.

I have also shared some with a work friend who has picked up the same bug, and she has now ordered her own herbs.

Thanks for sharing that with us Ladyterra.

Do you have anything to help with IBS???

Blessings.

MW.
Old 30-04-2012, 05:33 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings MoonWillow:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonWillow
Update..Received all the herbs and have been making the herb tea since. Love the taste, nothing like I expected.

It has helped and I feel lots better. My Son has been taking it as well, and has helped him.

I have also shared some with a work friend who has picked up the same bug, and she has now ordered her own herbs.

Thanks for sharing that with us Ladyterra.

Do you have anything to help with IBS???

Blessings.

MW.

IBS is cause by many factors--mainly related to diet and stress.

Anti-spasmodics like Chamomile and Scullcap can be helpful--but other steps must be taken (as well).

Rhythmic breathing techniques to center and calm yourself, hot baths (with essential oil of Lavender, soothing music, and scented candles) can be of help.

However--proper diet plays a major role--this is what most people have the most difficulty embracing.

The elimination of succrose and greasy, fried foods is paramount. Embracing whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies comes next. Eating a proper balance of animal protien--like chicken and fish--then minamizing your intake of heavy beef (perhaps only eating beef during your cycle--for the benefits of iron).

Taking vitamin B-Complex with Rose Hips and Rice Bran--to support your immune system and Acidophalus to balance naturally occuring flora and support your digestive tract--can help immensely.

One of my favorite treats is to eat fresh fruit w/ plain Dannon Yogurt. I add a little Equal (you can use Splenda--if you prefer)--to lend a sweeter taste. Yogurt is very healing to the intestines and aids digestion.

Grapefruit helps to cleanse the gallbladder and aids in the proper production of bile to encourage better liver function--which aids digestion and the assimilation of vitamins.

Gallbladder and Liver Cleansing Tea

Dandelion Root--liver support
Burdock Root--blood cleanser
MilkThistle Seed--gallbladder and liver support
Cinnamon Stick--system anticeptic (aids the taste of this bitter root tea)

You will need a glass kettle--or an old fashioned tea pot (in which to cover and steep this brew)--MilkThistle Seeds mush be partially crushed with a mortar and pestal before brewing.

Bitters are necessary for the proper production of bile to assist in better liver function, digestion, and suppliment assimilation--they actually jump start the digestive process.

Eating one grapefruit per day and sipping this tea over ice during the course of the day--should help get things moving properly within one weeks time.

Changing your eating habits and the ways in which you deal with stress are lifestyle changes that must be adapted and practiced for the rest of your life.

I am living proof that it works.

Peace and Love on your path to Total Healing...

Blessed be...