Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 23-03-2012, 10:39 AM
Hirandall

Law of Attraction and OCD

This may sound very silly,but please read on:

So will bad things come true if you accidentally say(words or thoughts) something bad not meaning(and what if you mean it??) it?What do you think??Because I have this irritating OCD symptom that make me think "if I do this,X will happen".That or when I think of something then I thought of something awful ,then I immediately say in mind that these two things have no correlation but I feel that subconsciously I might have said the thing its just that I did not think of it consciously.Intrusive thoughts.I am scared it might be equivalent to cursing something or using the Law of Attraction to make something happen,hopefully not.

EDIT:I am a chinese and we have a taboo that we curse someone that a bad thing will happen to them,if it does happen we are partly to blame(not sure if other culture has this thing as well),besides what do you guys think about the Law of Attraction??? These two I think are among the main reasons I have this problem.thnks.

The most serious example I am currently facing is this scenarione day my friend came over my flat,and I was watching a youtube video about some video game character and suddenly i think i was overwhelmed by by OCD "seizure" and thought of something like "will he go to hell if I play this character",and then suddenly i thought of an image of me or someone saying yes,which i respond by thinking an image of a person (I think,I don;t remember 100%)saying no,and this "program" has transmitted over some other characters too,I am afraid of possibility of LoA somehow indirectly affect the outcome.Any ideas???I heard that thought is creative power ,I guessed my condition took advantage of that phrase.I pretty sure I won;t caused any to go to hell DIRECTLY but is that possible for indirectly channeling that power via LoA ("by corrupting someone")???

Ya,basically I afraid of an image of someone saying yes popping up when I think " Hey,if I do so-and-so will X(insert something bad("like somehow indirectly caused someone to go to h***" happen?)"I always question myself afterward (if this happens) should I risk doing this or that??That and I wonder while doing that thing once won;t cause any harm,what about doing those things again and again???Plus fear of it!

Besides,I have also think things that happened is G-d or some spiritual beings trying to show me a sign,sometimes I counteract my OCD by saying "ok if so-and-so happens then there is no such ocd deals or anything like that".

Thnks~~~
Old 24-03-2012, 07:03 AM
Seeker

Unhappy

My understanding is, Law of attraction is like gravity. It's just perminantly on. We don't have control of it working or not. We do have control on what we focus on. If you don't want people going to hell, then work at sending them to heaven. Do this by appreciating them.

Most of us are unconsciously using LoA. So by bringing attention to your thoughts and emotions, you have more creative control on what you focus on. Once you learn this rule, the next step is just working out what you want.

Hell is the experience of guilt. This applies wether you are on earth or in the astral, afterlife. So the more you are experiencing guilt, the more you are in hell. To change your experience, simply focus on something that is easy to love and then shift that good feeling onto other things you want.

Hope that helps.
Old 24-03-2012, 09:16 AM
Hirandall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshi
My understanding is, Law of attraction is like gravity. It's just perminantly on. We don't have control of it working or not. We do have control on what we focus on. If you don't want people going to hell, then work at sending them to heaven. Do this by appreciating them.

Most of us are unconsciously using LoA. So by bringing attention to your thoughts and emotions, you have more creative control on what you focus on. Once you learn this rule, the next step is just working out what you want.

Hell is the experience of guilt. This applies wether you are on earth or in the astral, afterlife. So the more you are experiencing guilt, the more you are in hell. To change your experience, simply focus on something that is easy to love and then shift that good feeling onto other things you want.

Hope that helps.
'

first of all,thnks a lot for replying!!!!

But my main question is whether my OCD thoughts "can curse" anything(any action) through LoA??By worrying or thinking about it??That is the main point.
Old 26-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Hirandall

Bump.No other comments??please I just want to make sure I am not accidentally using LoA.
Old 28-03-2012, 01:50 PM
SpiritualBee

Don't be so hard on yourself

It is only by repeatedly thinking the same things (good or bad) that they manifest. So if you have one off bad thoughts don't worry and gently replace them with a positive one.

Everytime you think a negative thought gently correct yourself. Over a period of time you will start thinking only positive thoughts without even noticing.

To curse someone and for it to hold true for that person, you need immense spiritual powers. I think 99.9% of people do not fall in this category.

Instead bad thoughts we hold for someone else cause negative reactions in our own self - we loose our happiness and repeated negative thinking will manifest as bad health since the body produces harmful stress hormones.

So where ever possible think good and happy thoughts. Practice it daily with some positive meditation. Remember:

Whatever you think, that you become. Therefore if you have to think, think good thoughts, great thoughts."
-- Swami Vivekananda

"You are what your deep, driving desire is.
As is your desire, so is your will.
As is your will, so is your deed,
As is your deed, so is your destiny."
-- A verse in the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad,
Old 28-03-2012, 04:38 PM
Hirandall

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualBee
It is only by repeatedly thinking the same things (good or bad) that they manifest. So if you have one off bad thoughts don't worry and gently replace them with a positive one.

Everytime you think a negative thought gently correct yourself. Over a period of time you will start thinking only positive thoughts without even noticing.

To curse someone and for it to hold true for that person, you need immense spiritual powers. I think 99.9% of people do not fall in this category.

Instead bad thoughts we hold for someone else cause negative reactions in our own self - we loose our happiness and repeated negative thinking will manifest as bad health since the body produces harmful stress hormones.

So where ever possible think good and happy thoughts. Practice it daily with some positive meditation. Remember:

Whatever you think, that you become. Therefore if you have to think, think good thoughts, great thoughts."
-- Swami Vivekananda

"You are what your deep, driving desire is.
As is your desire, so is your will.
As is your will, so is your deed,
As is your deed, so is your destiny."
-- A verse in the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad,

Repeatedly thinking about whether it(all these OCD craziness) has any effect on this universe is what I do lol..I think it is rather ironic,1st of all,I need to examine whether it is real or not,then I worry my effort in doing so might exarcebate the problem(hopefully not).

It is not really bad thoughts.....more like intrusive thoughts like " So,if I do this or that(most of the time,completely unrelated things) ,will this thing happen to someone?"
Then an image of a person saying yes might occur,I try to steer it away by saying "yes,it has immunity" instead of "yes,this is true."

Before suggesting me to see a psychotherapist,I am actually in a foreign country right now,so it is not practical.

Btw,Thnks a lot!!
Old 31-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Hirandall

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualBee
It is only by repeatedly thinking the same things (good or bad) that they manifest.
How much is repeatedly?Can we know?
Old 01-04-2012, 01:19 AM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirandall
How much is repeatedly?Can we know?
Every single thought in your mind is manifesting. Especially the subconscious ones.

Try this:

1. Imagine your expectations here and now as a picture.
2. Imagine a group where everyone is painting their expectations on the same canvas
3. Whatever the canvas looks like at any moment in time is what is being manifested.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:37 AM
CatChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirandall
This may sound very silly,but please read on:

So will bad things come true if you accidentally say(words or thoughts) something bad not meaning(and what if you mean it??) it?What do you think??Because I have this irritating OCD symptom that make me think "if I do this,X will happen".That or when I think of something then I thought of something awful ,then I immediately say in mind that these two things have no correlation but I feel that subconsciously I might have said the thing its just that I did not think of it consciously.Intrusive thoughts.I am scared it might be equivalent to cursing something or using the Law of Attraction to make something happen,hopefully not.

EDIT:I am a chinese and we have a taboo that we curse someone that a bad thing will happen to them,if it does happen we are partly to blame(not sure if other culture has this thing as well),besides what do you guys think about the Law of Attraction??? These two I think are among the main reasons I have this problem.thnks.

The most serious example I am currently facing is this scenarione day my friend came over my flat,and I was watching a youtube video about some video game character and suddenly i think i was overwhelmed by by OCD "seizure" and thought of something like "will he go to hell if I play this character",and then suddenly i thought of an image of me or someone saying yes,which i respond by thinking an image of a person (I think,I don;t remember 100%)saying no,and this "program" has transmitted over some other characters too,I am afraid of possibility of LoA somehow indirectly affect the outcome.Any ideas???I heard that thought is creative power ,I guessed my condition took advantage of that phrase.I pretty sure I won;t caused any to go to hell DIRECTLY but is that possible for indirectly channeling that power via LoA ("by corrupting someone")???

Ya,basically I afraid of an image of someone saying yes popping up when I think " Hey,if I do so-and-so will X(insert something bad("like somehow indirectly caused someone to go to h***" happen?)"I always question myself afterward (if this happens) should I risk doing this or that??That and I wonder while doing that thing once won;t cause any harm,what about doing those things again and again???Plus fear of it!

Besides,I have also think things that happened is G-d or some spiritual beings trying to show me a sign,sometimes I counteract my OCD by saying "ok if so-and-so happens then there is no such ocd deals or anything like that".

Thnks~~~

Ever heard of Typology? This almost sounds like the function called Ne (or Extroverted Intuition). The thoughts just sort of spiral out of control and never come to a definitive answer/conclusion. I have often found them to mimic OCD type thought patterns so it popped into my mind to address this to you.

I know this is a little off topic but it May help put your mind at ease with regards as to Why you think like this, and what you can maybe do with it.

Yes there is something you can do about it. You can catch yourself while in the process and ask yourself if it's worth the strain on your nerves. Remember you deserve good and positive things, and that any negative thoughts/beliefs will be created By You due to the Energy you place around the thoughts. If you connect these thoughts to anything negative, flip it around to a positive and remind yourself that you're free to Breath deeply and live happily. Relax your mind- Don't curse yourself.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:12 AM
CelestialRain

Whatever you focus on is what will happen. So, in turn, it depends on your belief. To me, it seems like these compulsive thoughts are only hurting you because your subconscious allows them to because they have for so long, however, things like this can easily be defeated with some effort. It did for me! Why not you? I used to be afraid of my OWN compulsive thoughts, but I let go of that fear and that's what I think the secret is--let go. You may FEAR that you will think "____ bad will happen!", but just think it, accept that a part of your subconscious mind will naturally think like that, and like magic, it will naturally disappear from your mind through some time. The key is to take a risk and let go of the fear, ESPECIALLY if it's preventing you from thinking in the first place. From there, you can accept that you think this way and then be determined to NOT let anything bad happen. Accept it if they do, though. Even if you're not determined, fake it at least and tell yourself you're determined not to make this happen; to beat this "failure-filled" part of your mind. Does that make sense? Don't be afraid to message if you need it :) Sorry if I didn't help. Good luck on your journey to a better life!