Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 13-02-2012, 11:43 PM
Tanith

Writing

I was looking for the thoughts and opinions of others around here who keep a grimoire of sorts-

Do you write yours in other languages or use a special script? For me, I am planning on copying my BoS in both English and French, but I was wondering if there was a script *other than Theban* that was fairly well known to witches?

Theban is cool and everything, but way too difficult to utilize consistently! I just like uniqueness in stuff like this, and as I want to make it fun and mysterious *wiggle fingers* for anyone who finds my BoS in a stuffy old attic years after I'm gone!!

Lol, joking aside, I take my BoS very seriously, but because I'm an oddity among common society, I enjoy playing it up :)
Old 13-02-2012, 11:58 PM
Pathfinder
Personally I keep mine on a flash drive because my handwriting is retched lol I use a font that mimics hand writing instead.

You could always use hieroglyphs, runes, or even make up your own letters
Old 14-02-2012, 12:30 AM
Tanith

Runes might be simple enough.. hieroglyphs have the same problem the Theban does, too complicated to use consistently!

I really like "flowy" letters though :3 If I am not satisfied simply with two languages then perhaps I will do as you suggest and create my own..

Though with "cursive" being a dying art form I could probably use cursive and that would be ancient enough!! XD
Old 14-02-2012, 11:43 PM
Quintessence

Too much work. I do have a code I use. I even developed a font for it to make it feasible to have a tome entirely in its script. However, I like my tome to be functional. While I can read my code, I cannot read it very quickly because of how it operates. The sections I write in that code are things I have no intention of ever sharing with any human. They are parts of my path that will remain forever private, but I myself want some sort of record of it.
Old 15-02-2012, 12:46 AM
Tanith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
Too much work. I do have a code I use. I even developed a font for it to make it feasible to have a tome entirely in its script. However, I like my tome to be functional.

Haha, as I said, I keep my French and English versions as the ones I use constantly. I wanted to copy a runic one just for the fun of it, of course with an alphabet and code included.

But as I would be doing it for no real reason (If I do it in runic at all) I would like a simple enough one to copy and write in, for obvious reasons.