Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 24-01-2012, 04:14 AM
Left Behind Left Behind is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 431
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
From what I know, you can spend as much time as you like studying, learning other things, going to other dimensions/planets...until you decide, with the help of others, if your overall spiritual development is best served thru reincarnation. If it is, then you will discuss it and plan as best you can.

That sounds fair enough to me.

Jim
__________________
If you don't go to church because you find it full of hypocrites: go to church, be sincere, and help outnumber the hypocrites.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 24-01-2012, 05:35 AM
froebellian froebellian is offline
Master
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,179
 
I too would choose not to come back.. to some it may sound weird, but no I would rather help from above.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 24-01-2012, 02:30 PM
mac
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by froebellian
I too would choose not to come back.. to some it may sound weird, but no I would rather help from above.

I've heard similar sentiments many times before....

But we're seeing this matter from the perspective of being incarnate. After our passing we may see things wholly differently. We don't know what we'll feel about the spiritual progress we made in our last or only incarnation - that assessment will be made after we've passed over.

Perhaps then we might choose to return in order to work towards greater progression before we leave the earth plane for the last time.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 24-01-2012, 10:53 PM
Arawn
Posts: n/a
 
I don't think that we get to choose what we reincarnate as. I think we reincarnate as something that we need to experience in order to grow and learn.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 25-01-2012, 04:33 AM
Left Behind Left Behind is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 431
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by froebellian
I too would choose not to come back.. to some it may sound weird, but no I would rather help from above.

Me, too.

And this is what appears to me to be a flaw in the reincarnationist theory. Unless you reincarnated at the very instant of death: reincarnation in a regressive idea. We go to spirit world, only to come back to incarnate world?

Why?

Do we go to college, only to come back to high school?

Jim
__________________
If you don't go to church because you find it full of hypocrites: go to church, be sincere, and help outnumber the hypocrites.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 25-01-2012, 04:54 AM
Zoclora Zoclora is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Texas, U.S.A
Posts: 876
  Zoclora's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
Me, too.

And this is what appears to me to be a flaw in the reincarnationist theory. Unless you reincarnated at the very instant of death: reincarnation in a regressive idea. We go to spirit world, only to come back to incarnate world?

Why?

Do we go to college, only to come back to high school?

Jim

I see it like this. We go threw "High school" and get our basic "College degree." Then we go to the other side and help as much as we can with that "degree." If we want to have a "Dr." in our name or "teacher" then we reincarnate back to learn more on the fild. Take it as, going back to college to get a higher degree.

And Im going to be in that line for a vacation. lol After this life, I need some time to spend with love ones and relax a bit. I may want another life but not for some time. I need time to let my "spirit brain" rest from "school."
__________________
"Love comes in many forms and colors. So why should we put a label on them?"
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 25-01-2012, 05:23 AM
Left Behind Left Behind is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 431
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoclora
I see it like this. We go threw "High school" and get our basic "College degree." Then we go to the other side and help as much as we can with that "degree." If we want to have a "Dr." in our name or "teacher" then we reincarnate back to learn more on the fild. Take it as, going back to college to get a higher degree.

And Im going to be in that line for a vacation. lol After this life, I need some time to spend with love ones and relax a bit. I may want another life but not for some time. I need time to let my "spirit brain" rest from "school."

I still opt for "not" rather than "when".

In this life, I'm a lazy man of few ambitions. Get me into a world where I have no illness or injury or aging and where I live in a no-cost, no maintenance house and where my job is helping newly arrived souls adjust to this wonderful world they've come in to. . . and there I'll stay.

Jim
__________________
If you don't go to church because you find it full of hypocrites: go to church, be sincere, and help outnumber the hypocrites.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 25-01-2012, 05:35 AM
Left Behind Left Behind is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 431
 
Another thing to consider about reincarnation. . .

If you're reading this, you're probably born after the Second World War, and have lived your life - or most of it - in a Western industrial democracy.

In short: you've probably had a better life than 99+% of the people who are alive in the world today: or who have lived and died in times past. The very fact that you have access to the internet, and to electricity, and can READ, indicates that.

And as good as that life of yours/ours has been: it STILL sucks!

Sickness, injury, aging: disappointment and failure: suffering and struggle and bereavement and bodily death.

And yet you'd still WANT to come back to incarnate existence, given the choice?

Tell you what: I'll let you incarnate in my place instead! Yes dear friends, I will gladly sign over to the first one who responds to this message, my quit-claim on any and all incarnations in my future: absolutely free of charge!

Jim
__________________
If you don't go to church because you find it full of hypocrites: go to church, be sincere, and help outnumber the hypocrites.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 25-01-2012, 06:06 AM
Zoclora Zoclora is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Texas, U.S.A
Posts: 876
  Zoclora's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
I still opt for "not" rather than "when".

In this life, I'm a lazy man of few ambitions. Get me into a world where I have no illness or injury or aging and where I live in a no-cost, no maintenance house and where my job is helping newly arrived souls adjust to this wonderful world they've come in to. . . and there I'll stay.

Jim

LOL! well I have to say, yes life is tugh. We make mistakes and things happen. I know, its tire some. And here is planty of times when I would just want to not come back.

Just becouse I want to incarnate, doesnt mean I want it here. I also dont want to any time soon. I have so much on my to do list for my after life that I may spend a good deal of time over there.

And free rent sounds fabules!
__________________
"Love comes in many forms and colors. So why should we put a label on them?"
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 25-01-2012, 09:06 PM
LuvChild
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
From what I know, you can spend as much time as you like studying, learning other things, going to other dimensions/planets...until you decide, with the help of others, if your overall spiritual development is best served thru reincarnation. If it is, then you will discuss it and plan as best you can.

This is what I believe as well, only I don't think I want to return again. I may change my mind, of course, once it is revealed to me why I picked this life to begin with, and what I wanted to learn from it. But like someone else has already mentioned, I've got loved ones I want to spend some time with before coming back, I've got a few pets I miss terribly and need to hold in my arms again, and I really want to be sure I don't plan such a difficult plan for my next round of life.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums