Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 26-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Deactivated Account

Events happening in 3s

I have heard that things happen in threes, most times it is in regard to airplane crashes. I was wondering if there is something to this being in 3s ? Or just random occurances ?

Recently as I was thinking about this " happening in 3s idea " I was wondering if it also applies to deaths ? This holiday season, there have been 2 deaths of people close to me... and I am wondering if there will be a 3rd person that I know ?

Can these events happening in 3s be just coincidences, or superstitions, or what ?

And just curious, why, when something good happens ... it doesn't seem to happen in 3s ? I would really like that instead.

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 26-12-2011, 01:35 PM
Mayflow

I don't think it is true and in your case, I hope it isn't!

The thing is this saying seems to be always about bad things that happen, and there is no way to prove or disprove it in today's world. You could very well make the claim that things happen in pairs, and this is actually more likely I think. How often does one of the elderly marriage partners die and the other so shortly thereafter? I do think that that one is real.
Old 26-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Deactivated Account

Thank you Mayflow, I do hope it isn't true also.

Yes, true, would be more likely about things happening in pairs, that is why I think this " happening in 3s " is a little more unique.

Expect Miracles !

Old 26-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Deactivated Account

This morning, I got a phone call from a friend. I could tell something was wrong, as she was in tears. My first thought was her mom. When I got to her house, and she told me, I was relieved to know her mom was ok. However, on Christmas day it turns out, a relative in law, drowned, while on vacation in a foreign country. Totally out of the blue, on this being number 3 .... I would have guessed, if anything, number 3 would have been an older relative of mine. Such a shock, as most unexpected deaths are, my prayers go out to their family.

And as I was walking to my house, I found a feather, standing straight up in the grass... like it was there waiting for me, wanting to attract my attention. And I felt the angels presence. Thank you angels ~

Expect Miracles !

Old 26-12-2011, 07:08 PM
midnightstar

Sometimes things do happen in 3's other times they don't. The charity I worked for (cat rescue) had 3 bad things happen within two years - first the lady who owns it hurt her foot, then they had someone break the window of their charity shop then they had a fire and lost all their supplies (just one example of things happening in threes)
Old 26-12-2011, 07:27 PM
Deactivated Account

yes, makes sense " Sometimes things do happen in 3's other times they don't ".

I am sorry to hear about all the things that happened to your cat rescue.

In my wondering about the 3 things happening, I was thinking more of happening in a short amount of time, vs something happening over a space of a few years.

Thanks for sharing.

Expect Miracles !

Old 26-12-2011, 08:03 PM
Mayflow

As I understand the idea of a Trinity, I think 1 of the mental aspect of mind, and 2 of the intuitive aspect of mind and the third? The love they mutually share.
Old 26-12-2011, 08:36 PM
DulcePoetica

I think it is more likely that the mind counts in threes. One terrible thing happens, and it is what it is; but when a second terrible thing happens, the mind begins to look for a third.

It will always find it, and then it will stop counting.
Old 26-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Deactivated Account

That idea did cross my mind ~

Expect Miracles !

Old 27-12-2011, 02:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DulcePoetica
I think it is more likely that the mind counts in threes. One terrible thing happens, and it is what it is; but when a second terrible thing happens, the mind begins to look for a third.

It will always find it, and then it will stop counting.
I would like to think it's this way...my mom is horribly superstitious, always has been. The only way I could break out of the fear she got me into with her fears was to test her superstitions, walk under ladders, break mirrors, whatever... but she was big on the threes. so if one person died, sure enough two others would as well. Honestly, it never failed, in a short period of time as well. So did we just stop counting after the third and start over. Probably, but it really did seem if one person died, two others will as well, or if one thing broke, two more things or two other things would go wrong. Mom would say she saw crows in threes cawing outside...i swear to this day I will see big black crows in threes hanging about my yard. A celebrity dies, people start wondering who the next two will be... and on it goes.