Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 18-03-2007, 05:24 PM
Wind of Grace

Color Being Whole...what does it mean?

* My own perspective *

To live through life, seeking to have our needs met through the active participation of others, is like riding a stationary bike. It's like planting an orange tree in a shadowed area; it shall never bear fruit.

We have forgotten how to fill our own needs. We have forgotten what it means to be independent and whole. We often seek acknowledgement, love, and acceptance by people pleasing, and hiding what we really think and feel, just so we can fit in.
Many of us abstain from living the life that we dream of living, for fear that we might end up being rejected and alone.

What if we were alone? Can we live in the joy of being in our own company ? Have we learned to embrace and love ourselves so as to stand confidently, firmly and freely in the total beauty of who we truly are ? Can we spread our wings and fly out of reach from the judgements of others ?

Love & Hugs, Wind of Grace xo....

Last edited by Wind of Grace : 20-03-2007 at 02:16 AM.
Old 18-03-2007, 08:04 PM
Master

We need to understand our place and role in the world to answer your questions.
Quote:
What if we were alone?
How can "we" be alone?
Quote:
Can we live in the joy of being in our own company?
Company, by definition, means there is someone else around. We need to understand who that someone else is and how he relates to us.
Quote:
Have we learned to embrace and love ourselves so as to stand confidently, firmly and freely in the total beauty of who we truly are?
Clearly not if we ask the next question.
Quote:
Can we spread our wings and fly out of reach from the judgements of others?
Yes, but it is not easy.

If you know what your position is the world is, these questions will all be answered.
Old 19-03-2007, 03:13 AM
Wind of Grace

* Can ''We'' as individuals ......

* Keeping oneself company = (an expression from my neck of the woods :)

I hope this helps xo....

Love & Hugs, Wind of Grace xo.... :)
Old 19-03-2007, 06:18 AM
angelicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind of Grace
* My own perspective *

To live through life, seeking to have our needs met through the active participation of others, is like riding a stationary bike. It's like planting an orange tree in a shadowed area; it shall never bear fruit.

We have forgotten how to fill our own needs. We have forgotten what it means to be independent and whole. We often seek aknowledgement, love, and acceptance by people pleasing, and hiding what we really think and feel, just so we can fit in.
Many of us abstain from living the life that we dream of living, for fear that we might end up being rejected and alone.

What if we were alone? Can we live in the joy of being in our own company ? Have we learned to embrace and love ourselves so as to stand confidently, firmly and freely in the total beauty of who we truly are ? Can we spread our wings and fly out of reach from the judgements of others ?

Love & Hugs, Wind of Grace xo....

Kia ora, hello,

I'm not sure who the "we" & the "us" are that you refer to in "your perspective" but I do know it doesn't refer to me or those around me.

I love my own company (I Rock, grins), and I love the company of others. I don't "need" to seek companionship, people sense my independent, non-expectational persona and are naturally drawn to me. I attract what I reflect back to the world and it's all good.

Have faith in your fellow man, focus on the "us" and the "we" who are living the truth right now. Perceiving a needy society reflects an aspect of the perceiver that has yet to be accepted and loved. Approval begins at home (within).

Last edited by angelicious : 19-03-2007 at 10:46 AM.
Old 19-03-2007, 12:54 PM
cweiters

Position

Kris I don't understand what you mean when you say position in the world can you give me an example. The reason I ask because positions seem to change imo.

love to all cw
Old 19-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Wind of Grace

Talking Angeliciously delicious post xo....

WOW..... Sounds to me like you are more than comfortable in your own skin and HAPPY TOO !!!! I started this thread wondering about some people, and how they may not have found the tools yet to be living their lives in total respect of who they truly are, at all times. It does take courage sometimes, to learn to bypass the judgements of others. It is not always an easy task, but it certainly is do-able To fill ones own needs is also a step by step process. If one realizes that know one can ever know them better than they can know themselves, this to me, is the most important realization on the path to understanding that only we know what we truly need, and what is best for us. When we start to fill our own holes, we will one day reach the state of being whole, and with that comes ultimate freedom and everlasting happiness.... One tool that I found helpful along my personal path was to remember that others will ALWAYS think what they think. I could NEVER have any control over the thoughts and opinions of others. If I was to live my life worrying about what others were thinking, I would never be able to spread my wings in order to fly freely and happily in the direction of my own choosing. Today my wings are open and operable, I glide through life with ease and without concern......

Love & Hugs to all, Wind of Grace xo....

Last edited by Wind of Grace : 20-03-2007 at 02:17 AM.
Old 20-03-2007, 12:22 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweiters
Kris I don't understand what you mean when you say position in the world can you give me an example. The reason I ask because positions seem to change imo.

love to all cw
We need to unerstand how we, and others also, relate to the world and to each other. We need to know what is our place in the world. We need to know what is our role in the world. I think that our intrinsic connection to the world and to others does not change at some level. I am not sure if I have made myself any clearer to you. But I am glad you are interested. I have discussed some ideas about these questions at my homepage.
Old 20-03-2007, 01:22 AM
Roo

I think true wholeness is beyond positions or roles...more than these things...if our place/role is what defines us as individuals, we become limited/less whole. Besides, most of us "switch hats" so to speak depending on who we're around. We play multiple roles, and change positions and perspective as situations evolve. Wholeness, being All of these things, requires understanding All of them.
Old 20-03-2007, 08:15 AM
angelicious

"....thy faith hath made thee whole." (Matt. 9:22)

I find having faith in God, faith in my fellow man, and faith in myself, I am whole.

Last edited by angelicious : 20-03-2007 at 08:17 AM.
Old 20-03-2007, 12:28 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

We cannot separate ourselves from our environment, including those that share it.. we can understand our relationship with the Whole that IS our environment.. Wholeness, even when only in the company of ourselves, is still an understanding of the process which includes all things..

I can find comfort with my own counsel, but.. that counsel includes my relationship with all that is.. even in physical isolation, my soul is still alive with "the Great Spirit, we can deny the connection, but we cannot break it..

True wholeness is accepting one's place in the Cosmos, and contributing to its well-being..

Be Well..
Closed Thread