Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 09-12-2011, 08:44 AM
Master
Pendle Witches ?

In my morning paper.

"Engineers working on a reservoir have discovered a 17th century "witches" cottage under a grass mound, complete with a mummified cat sealed in the walls. The cottage, in remarkably good condition, nestles in the shadow of Pendle Hill in Lancashire. Local historians believe it could be the lost Malkin Tower - the site of the notorious meeting of the Pendle Witches on Good Friday 1612. Local archeologist said - it's like discovering your own little Pompeii." Daily Mirror 9/12/2011

A little bit of BritWitch history !

Full article here http://www.burnleyexpress.net/news/l...ce_1_40406 84
Old 09-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Occultist

Thats awesome it was very common to seal your familar in your house when the familar passed on so there would always be protection for the familar.
I am just worried cause I am thinking they have possibly disturbed the Cottage and release possible hex. Because as a witch my entire house is Hexed to keep negativity away.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Administrator
I was told this by a friend, i think they should leave it alone as has already been said you dont know what you will disturb,they have supposed to have found a mummy of a cat behind a wall they should leave well alone, but if the councils think they can benafit from showing it to everyone they will
nothing i sacred to them

Namaste
Old 09-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Occultist

agreed and like I said people Hex. Its not a bad thing to do just a protection its not a curse or anything just a hex and being a witch myself my entire house is hexed someone comes in digging or snooping there gonna get alot of badluck. If someone were to reomve my familiar I personally buried in my wall to protect it I would be ticked.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:55 PM
Master
I am more interested in the fact the cottage was "interred" in a tumulus. Now that is strange !
Old 16-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Tuliana

Maybe, but there are plenty of people in this day and age that are horrible and torture animals. It could have been someone like that or someone that was just crazy.

Also, regarding the disturbance- again, I am not disagreeing and it is possible, but archeologists and others have disturbed ruins for hundreds of years. Granted, there is the infamous Tut curse, but when you think about all of the ruins and digs and very few have resulted in bad situations for those that disturb.

Just sayin-
Old 16-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Lostgirl

I do like how they jumped to witches instantly though. Could it be that someone did this just out of superstition?!

It is fascinating though
Old 17-12-2011, 07:38 AM
LadyMoondancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostgirl
I do like how they jumped to witches instantly though. Could it be that someone did this just out of superstition?!

It is fascinating though

I agree Lostgirl. And it is fascinating. Thank you Norsey for this news item.