Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 04-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
Matches my largely unfounded beliefs. But what's it got to do with (sexual) passion?

Many of the modern-day twin flame "experts" talk about the third energy created by the twin flames. I have yet to have any practical experience on this (though I know there are people in this forum who are having it). But, I have tentatively concluded that it is this third energy that is creating new universes.

This article is surely referring to Tantra:
http://www.realitysandwich.com/orgasmic_roots_pronoia

... of which I'm also not an expert (though would love to try this out). What I do understand is that the key to Tantra practice is that the male withholds his orgasm. Could this explain why the church encourages celibacy in males, and why "every sperm is sacred"?

My research seems to indicate that alchemy is also a sexual practice. In the Ark, that's what was going on. Sacred sex.

It's said that in the Garden of Eden, Adam and Eve had sex initially only under God's close supervision. Once they ate the apple, they started having sex without that supervision. Basically, they were left to figure it out on their own. Because God was booting his baby birds out of the nest, and telling them it was time to learn how to fly on their own -- to be Gods in their own right.

I think this is what the twin flames are all about. It's about getting back to sacred sexuality, realizing that every time two people (or more) make love, they are creating energy. When that energy is created under divine conditions, it creates universes.

It's quite possible that all the un-divine sex is also creating universes, but imperfect ones that don't go anywhere. Who knows.

And yeah, I know, this is all just mental masturbation. But it's been a fascinating question and I have spent a lot of time researching it and pondering about it.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:27 PM
Master

Oh, SQ, I have been wondering the same things about twins and sacred sexuality. (Not necessarily the creating universes, but that this is what the Bible was actually talking about regarding the man, woman and God relationship).
Old 04-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye
Hey, wait a minute scibat... Don't you know that we are just all animals at the mercy of the sexual, divination rod that is inbedded in our pelvis?

Silly me, and here I thought we were supposed to evolved, rational, thinking beings capable of brain functions higher than the base desire to rut.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsymystique
Oh, SQ, I have been wondering the same things about twins and sacred sexuality. (Not necessarily the creating universes, but that this is what the Bible was actually talking about regarding the man, woman and God relationship).

It could also simply be a beautiful metaphor, and I'm fine with that as well. I think it was psychoslice that said recently on another thread that the twin flames are pointing to something, but it's not to the twins themselves. I get what he means by that, though I don't know why it couldn't be pointing to the twins -- the formless, dimensionless twins (not this material world). I.e., the dot in the center is the heartbeat, the female energy. The dot circling around, like a compass, the male energy, is in a dance of love, dancing to the heart beat.... this dance results in the "third energy" -- i.e., the birth of the third point, creating 3D. The Big Bang. Literally. Why not?
Old 04-12-2011, 06:43 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
Real life case study, happening to friends of mine right now; this seems to be a good place to put it:

The couple has been married over 25 years. Hubby began an affair a few years ago. Told his wife he had met his soul mate and was leaving her for the soul mate. She came to me at that point and I explained to her that an affair doesn't always mean the end of a marriage; it often can strengthen a marriage. I advised her to allow him to move out, but agree to go to marital counseling, and to make no knee-jerk decisions about the future of their marriage for awhile, since she was in shock.

They separated (which gave them much-needed time apart to search their hearts), and he agreed to go to marital counseling. That was a year ago. He moved back home recently. They still have a way to go, to rebuild trust, but they are building a stronger, more intimate, more honest marriage out of the rubble that was this affair. They are falling back in love again, and it's beautiful to watch. The affair forced them to get bare-naked honest with each other.

The soul mate? She is stalking both of them. She is harassing both of them with nasty phone calls, texts, emails. Every time she texts him or her, it only reinforces their marriage. Husband now says he is so glad he sees soul mates' "true colors" and that she's "crazy, boil-the-bunny crazy."

Make of that case study what you will.

In the above case, something good came out of it in the end, but that is likely the exception and not the rule, but it illustrates the absurdity of the whole TF/Soulmate thing rather elegantly and how it can cause damage, and how unstable some of these people spouting the Soulmate/TF nonsense truly are.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Master

People who are unstable would be unstable regardless of what terms are out there. It's just a label for something we want a term to describe.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
What I do understand is that the key to Tantra practice is that the male withholds his orgasm.
I'm no expert on Tantra but what's important re: multi-orgasmicity is retaining the energy, which is possible in spite of ejaculating.

Quote:
Could this explain why the church encourages celibacy in males, and why "every sperm is sacred"?
No idea what The Church thinks it's doing -- they're pretty bonkers aka evil when it comes to sexuality.

Quote:
It's said that in the Garden of Eden, Adam and Eve had sex initially only under God's close supervision. Once they ate the apple, they started having sex without that supervision. Basically, they were left to figure it out on their own. Because God was booting his baby birds out of the nest, and telling them it was time to learn how to fly on their own -- to be Gods in their own right.
I can only tell you Yogananda's version.
Adam and Eve were non-corporeal (hence Eve could be made from Adam's rib). They could create/reproduce purely through intent.
The apple was entirely metaphorical. Satan comes along and offers sensory/sexual pleasure. Of course, to do this they need sense organs -- which means that they need etheric bodies. So they co-create the etheric realm with God & Satan thereby 'leaving' the Garden of Eden (Heaven). Later Satan tempts them with physical sensory/sexual pleasure and they all co-create the Earth and other lower realms, getting further and further away from God.

I'm not entirely sure if he states Satan's motive. I think Walsh described it as the desire to be individual.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
I'm no expert on Tantra but what's important re: multi-orgasmicity is retaining the energy, which is possible in spite of ejaculating.

No idea what The Church thinks it's doing -- they're pretty bonkers aka evil when it comes to sexuality.

I can only tell you Yogananda's version.
Adam and Eve were non-corporeal (hence Eve could be made from Adam's rib). They could create/reproduce purely through intent.
The apple was entirely metaphorical. Satan comes along and offers sensory/sexual pleasure. Of course, to do this they need sense organs -- which means that they need etheric bodies. So they co-create the etheric realm with God & Satan thereby 'leaving' the Garden of Eden (Heaven). Later Satan tempts them with physical sensory/sexual pleasure and they all co-create the Earth and other lower realms, getting further and further away from God.

I'm not entirely sure if he states Satan's motive. I think Walsh described it as the desire to be individual.

i know this is prob so obvious to everyone elseim new to a lot of this so bear with me but when iread this instantly i just felt like things were starting to click on things
that this is why when we ate from tree of knowledge
it basically meant we all became god
or the ability to be and to have his knowledge
its inside us alll
but its taking us this long to really learn how to tap into it?
kinda thing?
its why they say god is in all of us
and we tap into our higher conciousness when we listen to ur intuition
Old 04-12-2011, 09:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
Mind's Eye, sometimes it's not that easy and I think most times people didn't even want or expect for something to happen. In my situation my husband threatened me at every turn. I turned into a fearful, worthless dormat when I look back now... the other person I met, well, talk about a can of worms as well...and my whole situation to this day boggles my mind because it's something I never experienced. All I can say is unless you've really experienced this kind of situation, you really can't speak for anyone else. I can understand where you come from though, being in the position you were in and your ex-wife seemed to have gone off with every feeling of infactuation she encountered, some are junkies for that 'high'...it's sad...because unless you stay true and keep the homefire's burning, any relationship is going to dull. People don't seem to realize that the honeymoon phase is that, just a phase, but then love goes into something deeper, if you work at it, or if it was meant to be at all.

You are correct... And I think that's where a lot of people get angry when someone says something against cheating and such. Most folks think that someone like myself have one blanket answer or way of conduct to deal with the situation. But that is not the case; all circunstances are not the same and therefore need different measures. It is a vast difference between the two people who are just, "lustful" and run around behind someone's back having a secret fling because they have no self control... and the person who may be in an abusive relationship. These two things are worlds apart and need to be dealt with differently according to the circumstances. And those folks who just die out emotionally and cannot survive after the honeymoon stage, well, I suppose they just need to communucate and be honest about what's going on... When it is all possible, honesty is always the best policy. But there are some folks that just can't be talked too... or won't listen; so I guess in that case the unhappy or abused party just needs to take whatever action they see fit to save themselves. And sometimes that action may not look very nice on the surface, but then again, we're talking about something very different than the "just for kicks" bozos who seem to fall in love or go panting after every pretty face they see.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DulcePoetica
Absolutely. Though short of leaving a marriage because you have feelings for someone else, it is also possible to talk to your current partner about the struggle and let them know what you are going through. It sounds like an impossible conversation to have because society has made it seem so immoral to have feelings for someone else, but it is in fact totally natural.

In the case of the "twin flame" experience, I would agree that plenty of people use it as an exoneration for generally not behaving responsibly. But people who are unwilling or unable to take responsibility for their own decisions will always blame something. I know a couple of people who have elevated yoga above all else in life, and that is supposedly the reason they blow people off (too busy practicing yoga), are rude (no need to alter reality by being polite), don't contribute equally (do not believe in money), and whatever else... The fact that others pick the "twin flame" excuse says nothing about anything but their own weak character.

I agree... As I told Sarian, every situation is diffrent. There is no one right way to deal with all of the posibilities that can go wrong in a relationship. I think people should be honest and try to talk things over... but sometimes that just can't happen for one reason or another. Sometimes individuals just need to jump off of the sinking ship before they go under with it. Again, those circumstances are quite diffrent from those who exercise no self control whatsoever and just run after every person that tickles their fancy.... And as you said, these are the folks who have obviously went over the falls in a barrel with a misguided belief in something that was meant to be intrinsically good.