Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 14-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Sundialed

Wake Initiated Lucid Dreams (W.I.L.D.)

I have brought this up before but seeing as new members come a long I will pose the question again. I have never ever been able to find anyone else that has been able to do this.

When I was younger every night I would lay down in my bed and I had a few tricks which I naturally did and instead of going to sleep I would "jump" straight into a lucid dream. No sleeping required. As the name suggest I would initiate on my own a lucid dream from the wake state. I feel like I still know the tricks and it's been a while but with enough practice I bet I could still do it.

Has anyone else ever been able to go from awake straight into a lucid dream?
Old 14-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Experiencer
Yes, I can do it from the meditative state.
Usually I see the dream coming, I hear voices and start seeing faces and if I can keep going I can sometimes start to interact with them. Usually by the point of a full blown dream I would find myself out of my body though.

Also sometimes if I concentrate on a "day dream" in the morning, before waking up too much, I will find my self dreaming about what ever I was concentrating on just before I fell back to sleep.
Old 14-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Sundialed

Haha yes, the "if I can keep going" part is the final frontier. I will cross it soon. Next week on my week off I plan on going to a park near my house everyday for a while and sit in the same spot so that I can "burn" the image into my mind making it easier to make a crystal clear picture in my head at night that I can jump into.
Old 14-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Experiencer
Thinking about your OP. I can also day-dream as vividly as waking reality.
I can smell, taste, feel, ect. and quite often these experiences are so impact-full that I remember them, and feel emotional about them, for days.

I don't control this type of day dream, I sort of incarnate into a scenario and participate in what ever happens.
Old 14-11-2011, 08:03 PM
rocky5778

I have been trying to do this for awhile. Can anyone give me tips? what i do is lay down on my back and brethe in and out counting in my head. usually around 100 i start to feel numb. But sometimes around 200 i lose count and end up counting from 100 like this, 200 201 102 and i keep getting mixed up. Then around that time i fall asleep. Someone please help and thanks in advance
Old 14-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky5778
I have been trying to do this for awhile. Can anyone give me tips? what i do is lay down on my back and breathe in and out counting in my head. usually around 100 i start to feel numb. But sometimes around 200 i lose count and end up counting from 100 like this, 200 201 102 and i keep getting mixed up. Then around that time i fall asleep. Someone please help and thanks in advance

Try this as a meditation:
Lay down, close you're eyes and watch.
Don't think about anything just watch and except what ever you see.
If you find your self thinking, just notice that and let it go and keep watching.
You may start to see and here things that are strange to you, colors or forms. You might notice that you are thinking again. Notice all of it and let it go and just watch.
When you do see or here something take notice, pay attention as long as you can until it fades and then watch for something else.

If this is hard, try looking at a dim light, maby a digital clock or something. When you close your eyes you should be able to see something like the light source you where just looking at. Look at the light , close your eyes, stop thinking and watch for as long as it lasts. Soon you will probably start noticing other things.

The key here is attention.
Old 15-11-2011, 05:25 AM
Sundialed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky5778
I have been trying to do this for awhile. Can anyone give me tips? what i do is lay down on my back and brethe in and out counting in my head. usually around 100 i start to feel numb. But sometimes around 200 i lose count and end up counting from 100 like this, 200 201 102 and i keep getting mixed up. Then around that time i fall asleep. Someone please help and thanks in advance

When I was younger I remember that there were a few prerequisites for me.

I had to be extremely exhausted in my bed at night and have zero light and noises. Emphasis on the exhausted.

I would close my eyes and focus on searching out the darkest spots with my mind's eye, then I would zoom in and go into the dark spot then from that dark spot find another and repeat and repeat until it was so extremely dark. Hard to explain because I have no light in my room in the first place but...

Then once I had zoomed into the darkness enough, which focusing on this would slow down my breathing, I would be able to have extremely vivid mental pictures and once I could add enough realism to the picture it would envelop my entire vision and become real.

Yay, I just made it into a lucid dream, jumping into it definitely feels like a shift of sorts. Once there I would always start flying around, create energy balls in my hands, jump through windows and doors with glass, could never do a wall I would get stuck because I couldn't let the other side be there, I didn't create it quick enough.

I still do all of these things and way more, and I also have biiiiiig idea's... but I would love to have that exciting shift of a wild again.
Old 16-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiotic Self
When I was younger I remember that there were a few prerequisites for me.

I had to be extremely exhausted in my bed at night and have zero light and noises. Emphasis on the exhausted.

I would close my eyes and focus on searching out the darkest spots with my mind's eye, then I would zoom in and go into the dark spot then from that dark spot find another and repeat and repeat until it was so extremely dark. Hard to explain because I have no light in my room in the first place but...

Then once I had zoomed into the darkness enough, which focusing on this would slow down my breathing, I would be able to have extremely vivid mental pictures and once I could add enough realism to the picture it would envelop my entire vision and become real.

Yay, I just made it into a lucid dream, jumping into it definitely feels like a shift of sorts. Once there I would always start flying around, create energy balls in my hands, jump through windows and doors with glass, could never do a wall I would get stuck because I couldn't let the other side be there, I didn't create it quick enough.

I still do all of these things and way more, and I also have biiiiiig idea's... but I would love to have that exciting shift of a wild again.

Very cool......
Old 16-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Suspended
Hiya SS and all

Have you heard of the terming 'Phasing'? Robert Monroe used that term and from what I can tell by reading about it, it's basically a WILD.

I'm able to do it too...sadly not at will. It's near enough as you describe SS. However I don't need to be exhausted. Ordinarily I will already have had a good few hours of sleep and I'm lying in bed awake but very relaxed. If I manage to stay awake, I can watch myself fall asleep. The images come thick and fast at first and then one stops, expands and becomes stable. I can look around the image and it becomes three-dimensional...whereupon I am no longer looking at it, but in it, fully aware and awake.

It's pretty spectacular when it happens!

Squatch
Old 16-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Sundialed

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AM
Very cool......

yes and not too different from what you were saying, i would try out different landscapes to jump into, some were held onto and if it didn't work I would try a new one and keep adding to it and adding and adding and if it wasn't working i would move on to another one. I tried zooming into the dark places last night, kind of worked, but hurt my head lol. Also looking upwards as comfortably as you can helps with creating the pictures.

Although I can no longer find the article, it made a lot of sense to me at the time. It said for your pineal to release melatonin into your bloodstream you need 3 things. The pineal responds to zero light, which I had, you need deep rhythmic breathing which occurred naturally, and the final step was to have very vivid mental pictures. So it seems as if it's a tool that i was putting my body to sleep and with the final action of having mental pictures, the melatonin was released, slipping me to sleep, but still keeping the awareness of the realm i created.