Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 10-11-2011, 01:43 PM
Moraden

Taking up Wicca.

I am taking up white magic, if it can be used for good, I will be it's vessel. I was holding somebody would explain the gods I will be fallowing down the white path. I already have an arsenal of spells, mostly healing...
Old 10-11-2011, 02:11 PM
Pathfinder
Magic is not white or black it's neutral. If you really want to follow the craft I suggest you go do some research because by the looks of this post it doesn't look like you have. There are to many Gods and Goddesses to list and give their histories.It seems to me you've latched on to the spells and magic and forgotten the religion of Wicca and Wicca has alot more to it than just magic and spells. As for as research goes any book by Scott Cunnigham is a great place to start.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:15 PM
LadyMoondancer

I agree - you can't go wrong with Scott Cunningham.

I've also found Christopher Penzcak's books very informative.

People tend to think that Wicca and Witchcraft are the same thing - they are not.

Wicca, put very simply, is the religion that reveres Nature. Witchcraft is the craft of making magick. We spell it with the k to differentiate it from stage magic. Casting spells and raising energy is neither black or white, although it can reflect nature, like daylight/nighttime, dark/light.

You can be either a Wiccan or a Witch, or both. And sometimes, the boundaries get blurred - as you learn more, you will see.

You can pray to the One God or One Goddess or other gods and goddesses. And that's a whole nuther area of learning - Some people lean to one pantheon, or if they are eclectic, like me, invoke Egyptian gods one day, and Celtic goddesses the next.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Moraden

I have heard of white grey and black paths
Old 11-11-2011, 08:03 AM
Lostgirl

Its the intention behind it. Magiks is neither black nor white. If you want to be Wiccan you will learn about the Rede.
The intention behind the spell or ritual or whatever is what counts.
Read through all the posts here and learn what you can. Get some recommended books that will help as well.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:15 AM
Master
"Witchcraft" is actually Witch Craft but I still prefer the old names - The Craft of the Wise or The Cunning Craft.

Gods/Goddesses - remember where the Craft [and also Wicca] originated - Britain ! Now think about which pantheon is appropriate.

Black, White, or polka Dot - Lost Girl has it right. There is only Craft. It's the user who "flavours it !
Old 11-11-2011, 11:39 AM
Lostgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
"Witchcraft" is actually Witch Craft but I still prefer the old names - The Craft of the Wise or The Cunning Craft.

Gods/Goddesses - remember where the Craft [and also Wicca] originated - Britain ! Now think about which pantheon is appropriate.

Black, White, or polka Dot - Lost Girl has it right. There is only Craft. It's the user who "flavours it !

Norseman - this is why we love you
Old 12-11-2011, 07:12 AM
Pathfinder
polka dot lol
Old 15-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Master
I have been musing about Science -v- Magic is a rambling sort of way and came to the conclusion that, perhaps, hard logic is a blind alley. If you want to see the whole thing, it is in LightFilledHeart's blog here :-
http://insightsandcontemplation.wordpress.com/