Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 20-02-2007, 09:19 PM
simyboye

Stealing and taking things without consent

Hi there, I hope you're all well and happy?

I have a embarrasing question to ask regarding spiritual development.

I have always been an oppurtunist when it comes to life. However, I have been known to take things without consent. I have downloaded software, cd albums and take things that are not legally mine. I feel almost stupid asking this question as I know the answer. But I would like to know some peoples thoughts.

I am very aware that downloading cd's from the web, or taking something from work (cleaners etc)thats not mine is not right, and am slowly stopping. Would this stop my development in the spiritual way of life? Contacting guides and giving healing etc

Thank you, and love and light to all.
James

Last edited by simyboye : 21-02-2007 at 07:20 PM.
Old 20-02-2007, 10:10 PM
angelicious

KIa ora, Hi,

Wow, you're brave for that confession, hahaha, and I definitely won't judge you for I too, have downloaded (music files) from the Net. I now buy the music CD's as they're getting cheaper, and I was getting tired of sorting through blank disc's trying to find songs because I was in too much of a rush to label & list them. As for taking things from work, I tend to ask there.

Spiritually, you're gonna be fine. This wont hinder your development at all.
Karma-wise? Who knows, all action has consequences whether good or bad, but hey, deal with them if and as they occur.

You've acknowledged the situation so just let your conscience guide you to your Highest good. As the saying goes..."it's never too late to change" so in your own time you'll do whats best for you and for all concerned.

Last edited by angelicious : 21-02-2007 at 12:48 AM.
Old 20-02-2007, 10:42 PM
ljepotica

Hello James,

The fact that you've owned up is good-although I also used to download music and a few movies off the internet for free and for some reason have stopped now as don't see the point.

As Angelicious says it's never too late to change...

As for getting in the way of spiritual development I would say now that you have admitted it and want to change it just let it go in your own time-personally I'm not big on admitting that you did something and wanting to change and still feeling guilty-now I'm not trying to suggest anything here at all but there are some that do far worse in life and don't even care or realise.

If you feel bad still then talk to the angels/god/higher being/diety and tell them how you feel and tell them to help you!

None of us are perfect and we all do things that are wrong-but we're also human and also connected with forgiveness...

So don't worry about that and go on with your development...besides I didn't have money to buy cd's for some time and so I downloaded some music and to be honest I didn't feel guilty about it-perhaps I ought to but I was never a downloader of loads of music-and it's not gotten in the way of my development!

Ok then take care and lots of love,

S xxxx
Old 21-02-2007, 01:17 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by simyboye
I am very aware that downloading cd's from the web, or taking something from work thats not mine is not right, and am slowly stopping. Would this stop my development in the spiritual way of life?

Yes.

(Now how do I make my reply 10 characters long?)
Old 21-02-2007, 11:43 AM
Knower
Simyboye, this life is all about learning lessons.

As long as you are sincere about the lesson you have learnt, and you truly do intend to change your behaviour, then I think you have made real spiritual progress, arguably more than if you had never "stolen" these things in the first place. Let me clarify this a little... someone who has never stolen might be at a higher spiritual level, but static. For your previous behaviour you might be a little lower, but because you're doing something about it, you are progressing. Personally, I think that starting lower and making progress is worth more in spiritual development than being high on the scale but achieveing nothing.

Congratulations, and draw something positive from this experience!

Love and Light,
Jeremy
Old 21-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Deactivated Account
imo we are all human and entitled to 'make mistakes' it would be virtually impossible and you'd have to be a saint to make your way through life without any challenges such as temptation, greed lust etc etc they're all very human which (also imo) can only encourage spiritual growth, it's what you learn from your deeds or misdeeds rather than the act of doing them which is important, surely?
that said i'm not saying you should go out and do bad things either, this is were wisdom comes in.
Old 21-02-2007, 01:04 PM
ljepotica

Jeremy and Daisy I agree with you 100%

Life is all about experience and learning-we all learn...if we're put in a protective atmposphere where never bad ever happens then when we leave to go to a big city-for example-then we will be shocked and find it very upsetting to live there...

IMO: those that are truly wise and intelligent learn from their mistakes and to be honest if you're brought up in a riteous (sp) way then when you do encounter something like stealing then you suffer great internal consequences...

I really doubt that spiritual development goes hand in hand with being virtuous in the sense that we do need to sometimes face temptations to see how far we have progressed and how well we're doing.

Lots of love,

S xxxx
Old 21-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Mandi Neill

Cat Taking things without consent.

Hello there simyboye, what a brave soul you are to put such a thing out there like that. Many blessings to you. As far as your spiritual journey is concerned, first of all, the journey is yours, and the mere fact that downloading things without consent is weighing heavily on your conscience tells me that there are changes in the wind. Maybe the Universe is telling you that it is time to get a credit card...? and so the journey continues...
Old 21-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Moonflower

Hi Simyboye

Let the person who has never picked an apple from a tree a flower from a garden that does not belong to them a ballpoint pen from an office the list can go on lol take it easy on yourself life is a continuous lesson blossom & grow.

Moonflower x
Old 21-02-2007, 08:07 PM
simyboye

Hi there,
Your all beautiful and fantastic, thank you for your honest repiles and thoughts!

Sometimes my arms get the better of me and I can't control them (yeah right!), they wonder and do naughty things. I know it's not right. So it will stop.

Love and light to you all.
James
x

Closed Thread