Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 18-10-2011, 01:43 PM
scorpiowitch66

Halloween Witch

I came across this and just thought I would share.

Halloween Witch

Each year they parade her about, the traditional Halloween Witch. Misshapen green face, stringy scraps of hair, a toothless mouth
beneath her deformed nose. Gnarled knobby fingers twisted into a claw protracting from a bent and twisted torso that lurches about on wobbly legs.

Most think this abject image to be the creation of a prejudiced mind or merely a Halloween caricature. I disagree, I believe this to be how Witches were really seen.

Consider that most Witches were women, were abducted in the night, and smuggled into dungeons or prisons under the secrecy of darkness to be presented by light of day as a confessed Witch. Few, if any saw, a frightened normal looking woman being dragged into a secret room filled with instruments of torture, to be questioned until she confessed to anything suggested to her and to give names or what ever would stop the questions. Crowds saw the aberration denounced to the world as a self-proclaimed Witch.

As the Witch was paraded through town en route to be burned, hanged, drowned, stoned or disposed of in various other forms of Christian love, all created to free and save her soul from her depraved body, the jeering crowds viewed the results of hours of torture. The face bruised and broken by countless blows bore a hue of sickly green. The once warm and loving smile gone replaced by a grimace of broken teeth and torn gums that leers beneath a battered disfigured nose. The disheveled hair conceals bleeding gaps of torn scalp from whence cruel hands had torn away the lovely tresses. Broken twisted hands clutched the wagon for support, fractured fingers with nails torn away locked like groping claws to steady her broken body.

All semblance of humanity gone. This was truly a demon, a bride of Satan, a Witch.

I revere this Halloween Crone and hold her sacred above all. I honor her courage and listen to her warnings of the dark side of man. Each year I shed tears of respect when the mundane exhibit their symbol of Christian love.

Petals & Thorns poetry by angel © 1993 - 1999

I thought it was very moving....
Old 18-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Master
I have come across that before and it is as moving now as the first time I read it.
Old 18-10-2011, 02:24 PM
scorpiowitch66

I love the line,

I honor her courage and listen to her warnings of the dark side of man.
Old 18-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Adagio11

I may print this and hang it on my wall. This is a very illuminating story. Thank you very much for sharing!
Old 18-10-2011, 07:17 PM
Pathfinder
There's actually a video with this on youtube, first time my sister sent me it I wept like a baby
Old 18-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Master

So sad!!

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 18-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Blooms Bright

Thanks for sharing...it is the first time I have read this. Will most likely read it again before nights end. I agree, very moving. Touches within.
~Bright Blessings
Old 31-10-2011, 12:28 AM
Knower
That's very sad, can you imagine being tortured until you resemble the very thing that in their ignorance they believe you to be? That is, evil and less than human. EbonyDoe, do you know the name of the video?

I used to Fly.