Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 14-10-2011, 11:23 AM
Nypon_Cat

Question Proper way to dispose of a pendulum?

In 2003, I was still very naive and in denial about the spiritual world. At the time I was writing a story that involved the occult, and I wanted to get into my character's mind. In the story, he uses a pendulum.

I went out and got one in such a wrong manner in more ways than one. I foolishly did not educate myself first, and I didn't even know that you were suppose to let it pick you.

I went to my local occult shop back then, and I asked the store owner for a pendulum. He got extremely angry with me...to the point of yelling and swearing at me, "Oh, another one--" He growled.

I stared, confused.

"All these dumb*sses have been coming in here wanting a pendulum because some stupid girl used it on a show."

"I am a college student. I don't even have TV in my dorm." I glared.

"Well all we have left are two thanks to you all."

I grunted and bought the prettier looking one out of the two (wrong of me, I know).

I used it, not really believing in it at the time...but it invited some very negative things in.

Fast forward to this year. I am much more knowledgeable now, and a believer. I used my pendulum earlier this year, and it once again invited some very bad things into my home.

I don't want to use this pendulum again. I realize it has been plagued from the start with negative energy, even though I have tried to clean it.

How do I properly dispose of one? Do I need to cleanse it first? Or can I just get rid of it?

Thanks ♥
Old 14-10-2011, 11:39 AM
Medium_Laura

Well first a pendulum isn't a Ouija board. It speaks to your HIGHER SELF. Not to spirits on the other side.

Hold this pendulum you have and ask. "Is this pendulum in harmony with me?"

If it swings in any way, then you picked the right one.

YOU always have the power to send away anything you think you have brought forth. After all, if you summon it, you can also banish it.

Your pendulum is a TOOL. An extension of YOU. Not some magical thing. It is basically you.

Try doing this from Mattie.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d=1#post156097

You don't have to get rid of the pendulum at all. Even if it doesn't work for you, I gift mine to people. If it isn't in harmony with me, it may be in harmony with another.
Old 14-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Medium_Laura

Also try this to clear it.

Swing it in a large circle (counter clockwise or clockwise, doesn't matter, just remember the swing in your mind). Tell your pendulum (your higher self) "This swing will clear the energy surrounding you."

Now stop your pendulum. Ask it "Show me my clearing sign". It should start to swing in exactly the same circle you just taught it.

Every time you need to clear it you ask it. "Show me my clearing sign".
Old 14-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Nypon_Cat

Thank you for the advice :)

I probably should have been a bit clearer. While I know the pendulum works with the self, I have a lot of negative energy within my soul. I was using it back when I didn't treat the occult and spirituality with as much as respect as I should. I feel that due to using that certain pen that already had negative energy...I was releasing my own to a fuller extent within the atmosphere, which invited the bad into my home (my energy and shop owner's on the pendulum).

I don't feel attached to this pendulum the way I should, and I would still like to give it a proper burial.
Old 15-10-2011, 02:30 AM
Medium_Laura

um ok, then bury it. It holds only the power you give it. It's only a tool.