Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 07-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Grin

My first lucid dream!

I finally had my first lucid dream! I have gone to bed every night for the past few months with the intent to have one, and tried recording dreams in the hopes that I would find some kind of 'trigger'. But last night, I was having a normal dream that I was in my home, playing with my dog. Thing is, we had to put her to sleep a few months ago. I went "hey.... wait a sec...." and then realized "I must be dreaming!" To my surprise, I didn't wake up! I immediately ran outside and found out how to fly.. it was the most liberating feeling ever. However, after I flew up, I went a little too high, looked down, got scared as I started to fall, and woke up.

Now that I've had one, does anyone have tips on how to increase the frequency of this awesome experience?
Old 07-10-2011, 08:18 PM
sharkboy

Congratulations on your first lucid dream!
The first one is the hardest to achieve, well at least it was for me...

Now that you already had your first lucid dream, they will be more frequent, maybe not every night, but it sure will be easier to become lucid in a dream.

You just have to read a lot about it and do some reality checks in a day, and of course RECORD YOUR DREAMS!

Good luck! =)
Old 09-10-2011, 02:36 AM
Deactivated Account

Congratulations Grin ! Keep us posted if you have any more lucid dreams .

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 09-10-2011, 07:43 AM
mattie

Congratulations

Just be relaxed about it & increasingly open up to remembering. Putting pressure on one’s self about energetic things is counter-productive.

Our nonphysical body is quite active when our physical one is asleep. Our usual task is just opening up to remembering our nocturnal journeys.

Enjoy exploring.
Old 28-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Sundialed

for me being absolutely and i mean totally exhausted helps a lot as well as having a good sleeping pattern/rhythm.
Old 31-10-2011, 03:15 AM
Kristine

I’m so happy for you.
Sorry, I don’t have any advice on how to continue it; I was doing it before I realized it had a name. I do hope you are able to find a way.
Old 14-12-2011, 02:49 AM
jessicasilverman

congrats man, thats very exciting, liberating is the word for it for sure
Old 31-12-2011, 11:49 PM
DebbyM

I just had my first one too. I was so elated when I woke up. And after a certain point, I just thought to myself "I must be having a lucid dream! I'm dreaming!" and I tried to extend it and I remember thinking "I mustn't focus on myself" and pop, I was awake. For a minute I played around with trying to lie still and remember the details so I could remember it later, but in a second I knew that wasn't going to work, so I sat up, opened my laptop which was on the coffee table right beside me and just let my fingers fly, not even worrying about spelling, punctuation or anything because I could feel the details slipping away. Sort of badly spelled shorthand is what the first draft looked like.
But at least something to work with. Later I cleaned it up and it is so COOL!

My husband frequently has these and I've been so jealous, but hey, I never used to dream at all so I'm thrilled now. It was so clear, like one of those high def tv's (compared to an old fashioned kind), and I was in it. Wahoo!!!
Old 22-02-2012, 01:39 AM
confusedforlife1

So exciting i am trying to lucid dream and develope my abilitys at the moment. Keep us posted
Old 04-04-2012, 04:29 AM
embrace

Congrats! I don't remember my first lucid dream...I used to have lucid dreams every night as a child. Later as I grew up I had to re-learn it.