Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 26-09-2011, 05:24 PM
Knower

dreams about black panthers

hi i had a dream i was being chased up some wide stairs by big black panthers with bight yellow eyes i managed to close the door on them and when i turned round they was one right in front of me i was trapped in the corner of the room it was just staring into me with its big yellow eyes what could this mean ?
Old 26-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Master
First blush, maybe it was an animal guide getting your attention

Black Panther, Power Animal, Symbol of Astral Travel, Feminine Energy, Death and Rebirth

By Ina Woolcott

Black Panther's Power Includes astral travel, guardian energy, symbol of the feminine, death and rebirth, understanding of death, reclaiming ones power, ability to know the dark, aggressiveness and power without solar influence, reclaiming Power.

The Panther is a very ancient and powerful spirit guide. Their power is lunar (moon). In Egyptian rites a panther tail was worn around the neck or waist to help protect and strengthen the individual. Panther has been a symbol of the "Argos of a Thousand Eyes," who protected the heifer IO whom Zeus loved. After his death, the eyes were moved to the feathers of the peacock.

The name panther is frequently linked with a certain species of leopard or jaguar and sometimes the cougar. Black panthers are smaller but more fierce than lions and tigers. They are also brilliant swimmers and agile climbers. Because they have the ability to sprint with great speed, they hold the teachings of quick decisive action. Panthers are not the best long distant runners though, so those with this power animal should take part in movement therapies that improve endurance, e.g. swimming, martial arts. It is necessary to learn how to pace oneself, to not push to fast or hard on any one task.

Panthers are generally loners, extremely comfortable with themselves and are often drawn to other solitary people. Women with Panther, Leopard or Jaguar power animals frequently find themselves raising their children alone, whether it be through divorce or circumstance. People with this power animal can develop clairaudience, the ability to hear communications from other forms of life or dimensions. They must trust their thoughts and inner voice/visions as they are based in reality. This is an animal guide to assist you on your path, sometimes in the form of a real person such a mentor or teacher. The Black Panther is endowed with great magic and power, which will increasingly be experienced.

Panthers have over 400 voluntary muscles that can be used at will when required. Panthers are able to move gracefully in and out of situations, as well as freeze and not be noticed. This is a symbol of the ability to shapeshift realities, using all parts of the body to perform a task. The gift of Panther is the power of silence. They are near silent when hunting or stalking prey, and know when to make themselves seen and when to become unseen.

Panther holds the secrets of worlds that are unseen and are associated with lunar energies. Within the darkness of night resides the truth of creation. Black panthers have great mysticism associated with them. They represent the life and power of the night. They can show us how to welcome the darkness and rouse the light within it. Those with this power animal contain knowledge of a galactic origin, and have a responsibility to look after and respect this knowledge. Caution must be used when sharing it with others. When the student is ready the teacher appears, and vice versa. If the student isn't ripe the information given could trigger negative consequences.

Panthers possess acute sensitivity. The hairs that cover their lithe bodies, especially on the face, pick up subtle vibrations. This is symbolic for those with this guide. It is an indication of a need to pay attention to their feelings and honour the messages those feelings transmit.

Touch can be a significant path to explore to awaken ones concealed gifts. The black panthers sleek, smooth and sensual coat has been linked to sexuality. If panther comes into your life it may be asking you to resolve old sexual issues, or to embrace your sexuality fully.

When experiencing the presence of panther, one of their most striking features is their unblinking stare. It seems to see right through the body. Those with panther medicine can use their eyes as a healing tool and have the potential to heal on a cellular level.

Panther is a powerful guide to have, always bringing a guardian energy to those to whom it comes.

Everyone ought to worship God according to his own inclinations, and not to be constrained by force.
Old 26-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Knower

ohh very interesting thank you very much for that x
Old 26-09-2011, 06:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightlight
ohh very interesting thank you very much for that x

Your welcome, I am glad it was helpful

Everyone ought to worship God according to his own inclinations, and not to be constrained by force.
Old 26-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Master
Hiya brightlight

An important aspect of dreams is emotion. How were you feeling during the dream? Anxious, calm, terrified, in control...etc?

And another one is your own thoughts about black panthers. If you could describe a black panther in three words, what would those words be? Don't take too long thinking about it.

It's also worth exploring whether the panther represented someone you know, or an aspect of yourself.

Something else that I tend to think is worth bringing into the equation - colour. Black and yellow. Have a think about those colours and what they mean to you...it might help you work out who/what the panther represents.

You don't need to answer all these questions in public, but they might help you understand your dream more fully.

Hope this helps.

Squatch

Old 26-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Knower

thank you x
Old 27-09-2011, 02:22 AM
Experiencer
Just a little more to add to your dream Not sure what book this tidbit comes from....

Black Panther's power works best in darkness. Black Panther understands death and teaches people not to fear it, for out of death comes rebirth. When Panther enters your life, it is time a new beginning; a new door has opened for you.

Panther introduces you to an expanded awareness, alternate realities, the elimination of fears, and most of all, total rebirth. Panther gives us the opportunity to become a whole new person and she promises to be our protector and guardian throughout this rebirth process.
Old 27-09-2011, 04:32 AM
Guide

I dunno if this helps but I always see black panthers when someones going through a transition/void period.
Old 27-09-2011, 04:35 AM
Master
A Little Hesitation About Your Journey

Meanings from dreammoods.com. Fuller meanings on the site.

Going up stairs is reaching a higher awareness. A panther can represent power & rebirth. Black can be the unconscious, potential, & mystical. When a dream is pleasant, yellow can be intellect, happiness, & wisdom. When it is unpleasant (likely the case here) it can be hesitation to make a decision. Eyes can be enlightenment or the unconscious surfacing. A door can be accepting new ideas. Closing a door can be missed opportunities. A room is a particular aspect of your self. Being cornered indicates lack of control in making decisions.

Itís always worth taking note of symbols that have similar meanings. They often repeat in dreams. Both the yellow & being cornered is a lack of making a decision. This is underscored by the closed door being a missed opportunity. The door, stairs, black, panther, & eyes can be about your making progress in your spiritual journey. Eyes can also be about a little doubt surfacing.

This seems to be about your moving into a new stage of your spiritual journey that youíre open to, albeit being a little unsure about handling it.
Old 27-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Master

Brightlight, was the place you were coming from at the bottom of the stairs dark?

I had several dreams about black panthers for awhile and a black cat (one I had adopted for real) would turn into a black panther in a few dreams too. Once as a cat he had glowing eyes like you mention. They seemed to be showing me things in my dreams acting as guides. They also seemed to serve the role of guardians (sitting at the front door of my house in a couple of dreams). I was never absolutely sure but they seemed to be showing me things in the astral realms or in my subconscious. Personally, I believe the astral realms and the subconscious could be the very same thing.

I ask about whether it was dark at the bottom of the stairs because it could be you had taken a trip "down" to the astral or subconscious, was frightened by what you saw and weren't ready to remember that part of the dream. You will have to face the fears eventually but don't worry, the fears are illusions and you will overcome them. The panthers are your friends and helpers in this though it may not have seemed like it.

This is just my POV and if it doesn't resonate then just toss it out!