Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 19-09-2011, 02:42 AM
johnatre

Sin?

More questions from me, Is there sin in wicca?
If so, is homosexuality a sin?
If so, great. I'm going to hell in all religions.
Old 19-09-2011, 03:42 AM
Derpdidurp

You seem very angsty, my friend.
Old 19-09-2011, 07:06 AM
mattie

No On Both Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatre

NO, NO, NO

Clarification- After I posted & reread it, I realized that I first thought you asked, Is there sin in being wicca? I wasn't sure if I interpreted your question correctly. Actually I don’t know if wicca has sin as a concept if this is what you're asking. Other religions may consider Wicca to be sinful, but they have very narrow views about who is allowed into what they call the kingdom of heaven.

Quote:

NO, NO, NO

Quote:

Many see hell/heaven as a construct of organized religion. A device used to scare the flock to remain faithful.

Many options are available for gays & lesbians who are wanting an organized religion. The Unitarian Church is very open about this.

http://www.gaychurch.org/Find_a_Chur...ominations.htm
Old 19-09-2011, 08:29 AM
Lostgirl

Hell isnt anything to do with Wicca - it is a christian concept as is satan.

There is no sin as such in Wicca, there a bad intentions and the threefold. The rede reads "do as ye will as long as it harms none" or something to that effect. Basically you can do as you like, but if it brings harm to anyone then expect three times as bad back - the threefold.

Wicca is a very open minded religion and those who arent are just as bad as the rest of the closed minded people around.
Old 21-09-2011, 10:32 PM
Tanith

Wicca has no concept of sin or redemption- it is a path which makes it clear (by the Law of Three times Three) that your actions are your responsibility and YOURS alone. If you do bad things, bad things will happen to you, it's a similar concept to karma.

Just as Lostgirl says- Hell is a Christian concept. There is no evil incarnate in Wicca. Hell, Satan, Sin, Redemption... they are all Christian values and have little to no place in Wicca.

Unless, of course, you're talking to a Christopagan. But they're usually a little schizo/hypocritical anyways (I say this when I have a good friend who considers herself Christopagan. But she's also very open minded when it comes to homosexuality)
Old 21-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Medium_Laura

Ahh love the answers :) Nope.. no God to smite you or punish you in Wicca. LOVE the LOVE of it :) And these 8 words the rede fulfills "And harm thee none do what thou wilt."
Old 21-09-2011, 11:48 PM
Experiencer
Nope... as everyone has mentioned so far, Wicca does not acknowledge a concept of sin. The Wiccan red as well as the three fold law tend to help with the moral decision making.

I really love being Wiccan lemme tell ya!
Old 11-10-2011, 02:00 PM
insanitysquid

The Goddess Herself said "All Acts of Love are Mine Ritual" in the Charge
and to me, personally, means that no matter what bond is between people (platonic, familial, romantic, cosmic) - it is all special and sacred.

Wiccans don't believe in Heaven or Hell, either, so you won't end up there by our hand. Some believe Gods embracing us in a forever of comfort and peace, a lush green place to rest in the afterlife, constant reincarnation, past/future lives preordained before the universe was created, becoming one with the universe, good and bad energies being separated at long last...

My theory on the whole "homosexuality is a sin" is clearly because when small Judeo-Christian groups got their start, they had to make sure that followers would be born out of successful, monogamous and plentiful relationships. Babies HAVE to be churned out and kept alive as long as possible to spread their religion. Hence the bad blood between a lot of religions and Christianity.
But a handful of GLBT individuals aren't going to hurt the human species as a whole. Make it more colorful and break down gender-roles, sure, but not mar humanity!

...All in all, you are not cursed or meant to be punished in this world or the next.
Nobody wants that kind of pain for you, and those who do (be they close-minded, bullies, politicians, etc.) they can all go answer to their God to not realize that He made every human like Him (diverse) but they screwed up His message and Master Plan! To save everybody, even the bad guys, and have a big ol' tea party with all His friends.

<3 insanitysquid

P.S. - I'm bi myself, and I take after my Lesbie Godmother in getting righteously angry at stuff like this.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:16 PM
Animus27

Quote:
No. There is no 'sin' in Wicca. In some groups there may be ritual no-no's; but on the whole Wicca tends to be not very concerned with the sexuality of individual people. There are even some Wiccan groups that have a queer focus, and even have their own homoerotic mythos.

That said, there are some homophobic Wiccans, just as there are homophobes in all religions. And some more traditionalist Wiccans are very dualistic/gender/fertility orientated. So for a queer person, a ritual with a symbolic consummation between the Goddess and God might make them feel a little uncomfortable. Butt so long as they're willing to not let the big fertility overlay and sexual dualism bother them, then they're good (unless of course they dislike other aspects of Wicca, then perhaps they should seek elsewhere ).
Old 11-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Alchymist

My own two cent's worth:-

If there is such a thing as "sin", it means to deliberately cause harm or suffering unnecessarily to any other sentient being.

This,of course, implies careful consideration of what is "Necessary" or "unnecessary" - self defence? -killing in order to eat? - and how one defines "sentient being". Humans, ok; dogs, cats? sure. What about mice, cockroaches, ants? Typhoid bacilli? Cancer viruses?

All, in the end, comes down to one's individual conscience.

Alchymist