Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 15-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Sorry but it all sounds pointless to me, it doesn't sound like a very loving religion to me, but if your happy that's what counts, but never put yourself above others because of your belief system, you may be surprised one day who truly belongs to god.

A couple of things need to be understood.

First, the tapestry that is Judaism is not all of one weave - despite what some might think, including some within the Jewish community, Judaism is not monolithic and never really was. With that in mind, and alluding to the old joke that when three Jews get together you get five opinions, I will not comment directly on Yamah's post. I will simply state that he posits A valid Jewish position, but it is not necessarily THE Jewish position.

Judaism is, in fact, both a religion of love and a religion of joy, but trying to capture that essence in a few short paragraphs is really impossible. Try painting a word picture of the Grand Canyon that does it justice in the same amount of space.

As the Baal Shem Tov pointed out, to a person standing outside a house, looking through a closed window and not hearing music, the people dancing inside look like they are crazy.

B'shalom,

Peter
Old 15-09-2011, 05:37 PM
Yamah

psycho: I'm just wondering if you realize that every single post you have ever made in response to any of my posts since first I remember interacting with you has, in some way, been derogatory. Meanwhile I have never responded in kind, no matter how much I have wanted to. Perhaps YOU should stop putting YOUR self above others and start opening your mind to other possibilities.
Old 15-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamah
psycho: I'm just wondering if you realize that every single post you have ever made in response to any of my posts since first I remember interacting with you has, in some way, been derogatory. Meanwhile I have never responded in kind, no matter how much I have wanted to. Perhaps YOU should stop putting YOUR self above others and start opening your mind to other possibilities.

I agree Yamah, psycho does that to me too.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 15-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamah
But that is what I was saying from the beginning, you sound like you are putting yourself as a Jew above others, or other religions and this is what I will always defend, arrogance in in any form, no matter what religion, I say the same thing on any thread, such as the Christians, Judaism is not better than any one else, others are not dogs.
Old 15-09-2011, 10:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I agree Yamah, psycho does that to me too.
Please don't be childish, if you want to say something to me then say it, its funny how Psycho always gets in trouble by those who just simply don't understand, they are so blind to the truth that is right in front of them, but they can't see it because of all the dogma and fundamentalism. Just for once, listen to what I am saying and question yourself to what I have said, thank you.
Old 15-09-2011, 10:41 PM
Master
Only the open mind can be ready to listen to something that goes against it. The closed mind can listen only to that which supports it. The closed mind has only one dimension open, that is: everything that supports it is allowed in, welcomed in. All other dimensions are kept closed because there is fear. Things may enter you which may shake up your belief system, disturb your so-called peace of mind; they may sabotage your faith. No person who is a believer can afford to be open.

Psychoslice
has said what he needs to say on this thread, I will now leave you to your precious beliefs, thank you again.
Old 20-09-2011, 02:01 AM
A Glass named Esther

Bringing Heaven Down to Earth

I would simply say: to reveal heaven on Earth

Or rather, G-dliness in the physical realm
Old 22-09-2011, 08:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Glass named Esther
I would simply say: to reveal heaven on Earth

Or rather, G-dliness in the physical realm

That is a goal that I can totally embrace in my heart. I like that one.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 22-09-2011, 01:39 PM
Time

A mini history if judeism (cut and dry for less typing)

Some mixing of old jewish peoples came to the land of cannon, and either fought and took over the land, and or amalgamated.

They have a general pagan tradition, very similar to the canninites (El, Baal, and a few others in that area)

Feeling oppressed with the world around them, they decided to rid themselves of the polytheistic route, and go for one god (or man and woman god being the same thing)

The jews are taken over by the babylonians, and multitudes of them are taken to babylon. The jews feeling more persicuted, want to go "eff you" to the rest of the world they know, and start circumsiscion. Feeling that god is punishing them for being "one god", yet worshiping 2, they dump the female side, and end up using "god" as a male/female combination.

Comming back to isreal (remember the story of jacob comming to isreal from babylon?) They had an almost complete text, which is the original jewish book of worship. Any traditions in judeism are based off of that.

Basically, they wanted to be different from everyone else around them. They were so oppressed, they wrote stories on how they are the "choosen" people, for a moral booster while in babylon. The same way Captain America was made as a moral booster and propaganda for the states in WWII.

The OT of the bible, is based off of those texts.

So IMO the ultimate aim, back then was to be different. Now adays, they are gods "choosen" people, and are decendants of jacob, and are bound to his deals with god. I guess now they think they are the chosen ones because according to history, they are the "true" decendants from adom and eve/jacobs bloodline.

And in reality, it was the basis for christianity. No matter how much people want to deny it, judeism paved the way for christianity/islam. They are anything but the same belief, but christianity wouldnt exsist without it.
Old 22-09-2011, 04:54 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
A mini history if judeism (cut and dry for less typing)

Some mixing of old jewish peoples came to the land of cannon, and either fought and took over the land, and or amalgamated.

They have a general pagan tradition, very similar to the canninites (El, Baal, and a few others in that area)

Feeling oppressed with the world around them, they decided to rid themselves of the polytheistic route, and go for one god (or man and woman god being the same thing)

The jews are taken over by the babylonians, and multitudes of them are taken to babylon. The jews feeling more persicuted, want to go "eff you" to the rest of the world they know, and start circumsiscion. Feeling that god is punishing them for being "one god", yet worshiping 2, they dump the female side, and end up using "god" as a male/female combination.

Comming back to isreal (remember the story of jacob comming to isreal from babylon?) They had an almost complete text, which is the original jewish book of worship. Any traditions in judeism are based off of that.

Basically, they wanted to be different from everyone else around them. They were so oppressed, they wrote stories on how they are the "choosen" people, for a moral booster while in babylon. The same way Captain America was made as a moral booster and propaganda for the states in WWII.

The OT of the bible, is based off of those texts.

So IMO the ultimate aim, back then was to be different. Now adays, they are gods "choosen" people, and are decendants of jacob, and are bound to his deals with god. I guess now they think they are the chosen ones because according to history, they are the "true" decendants from adom and eve/jacobs bloodline.

And in reality, it was the basis for christianity. No matter how much people want to deny it, judeism paved the way for christianity/islam. They are anything but the same belief, but christianity wouldnt exsist without it.

A bit harsh on my part, I know, but learn to spell - or use a spell checker. A grammar checker would not be a bad idea either. It is a real chore trying to decipher what you post.

Understand, I am not a biblical literalist. I do not believe in - תורה מסיני - Torah from Sinai. I do believe in -תורה מן השמים - Torah from heaven, which has a different connotation, although some take it to mean the same thing. I know where the seams are. I know the limitations of using the Tanakh as history.

Having said that, however, the truth is that what you have posted betrays both your lack of knowledge regarding Judaism, the Jewish people and the history of both. Except for the fact that someone who knows even less than you do about Judaism might actually think you know what you are talking about, no reply would have been posted by me. I am mindful of the no win situation spelled out in Proverbs in answering such as this:
אל־תען כסיל כאולתו פן־תשוה־לו גם־אתה
ענה כסיל כאולתו פן־יהיה חכם בעיניו

B'shalom,

Peter