Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 03-07-2011, 07:58 PM
NorwegianWiccaGirl

Arrow How can I tell my mother that I'm a Wiccan?

Hey,
I have a problem. I don't know how to tell my mother that I am a Wiccan...
I'm sure she'll allow it, but not like it. Maybe she'll get mad, and say that "this is just some stupid period"...
She won't understand. I am sure that it is not a period. I've found out that this is right for me.
I don't really have to tell her, either. But when I read books about witchcraft and such she will ask me why i read things about Wicca, and I don't want to lie...

What do you think?

(My father doesen't live with us, I'm not going to meet him, don't worry about him)
Old 03-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Master
Hi neighbour ! Use the old name - Wise or Cunning Folk
Old 03-07-2011, 08:17 PM
NorwegianWiccaGirl

Hahahah, what?
Old 03-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Master
Have a look at the current thread under Paganism above
Old 03-07-2011, 08:35 PM
NorwegianWiccaGirl

Ah, okey. Thanks :)
Old 04-07-2011, 01:49 AM
pre-dawn

Tell her you have joined an ecologist group.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:11 AM
indoorFlakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorwegianWiccaGirl
Hey,
I'm sure she'll allow it, but not like it. Maybe she'll get mad, and say that "this is just some stupid period"...
She won't understand. I am sure that it is not a period. I've found out that this is right for me.
I don't really have to tell her, either. But when I read books about witchcraft and such she will ask me why i read things about Wicca, and I don't want to lie...

What do you think?

(My father doesen't live with us, I'm not going to meet him, don't worry about him)

awwww....

dear one... i think you don't even need to tell them... unless they need to know for some reason.... parents cramp myself i find.... why do u feel the need to tell them?....
Old 04-07-2011, 07:52 AM
Master
[quote=NorwegianWiccaGirl]Hey,

A word of advice which you could take as sexist/ageist/insulting but it is not meant to be so, believe me. At your age, you should NOT be looking into witchcraft yet. My advice is to concentrate on the faith aspects for the time being.
Sometime back, I put together a little something for someone in your position which you might like to consider.

SO YOU FEEL DRAWN TO WICCA ?
Something inside you is telling you that you want to explore wicca.. You immediately want to do something about it but don’t know what.
Now I should explain that I began in wicca before reverting to an older, more primitive form [ picture Norse slouching along in the hedgerows with straw and twigs in his beard ! ] and I am still a Moderator in a Wiccan Forum.

So, here is Grandad Norsey’s guide to starting out in wicca.

It's a fair generalisation that all pagan paths are “green” and accented to the Earth. Tree Huggers all ! If you are not drawn to Nature, you might want to think about that.

Ok, lets make the assumption that you are one of Nature’s Children and you have a place in nature that uplifts you. Doesn’t have to be somewhere grand and glorious, just somewhere special to you.
You should now start to learn all about your place – the flora and fauna, the weather patterns, the geology, the rivers and streams, the wheel of the seasons, the people who went before [ I’ve been doing that for over 35 years and still only scratched the surface but then I am a fanatic ! ]. What you are aiming for is a sense of belonging, a sense that you are part of it, a sense that your place has imprinted on you, a sense that this is your Land !

Next step. Declare yourself in your Land. Make a promise to protect it. You can make this as simple as you like or you could make a simple altar [ flat piece of rock ] and dedicate to Mother Earth. Start making a record of your experiences and what you have learned – your BOS.

And there you are, Wicca 101. More ? Wicca 102 ?
This requires a certain level of practice in meditation – lets assume you have this.
Now start regular meditations in your place. Stick with it, it may take some time, but eventually you will start to notice things you missed before. Not suggesting that you do this but I did overnight vigils in my place which is a small offshoot of one of the Yorkshire Dales. One of the things you might see is the nocturnal life of the place. If you do this often enough, you will be accepted as a part of the place by these nocturnal visitors. If this happens, then you have really cracked it.

103 ?
It would be a very rare place indeed that has not been home to mankind before. In your meditations, start to focus on the people who went before you. Try to get a sense of them – who were they ? what did they do ? Depending on your sensitivity, you may also get a sense of the Nature Spirits in your place. You may sense energies around you.

I think that is enough to give you a sense that wicca is for you or not, as the case might be. No “spells”, no rituals, no rede. Just you firmly established as part of the Land. Where you take this is now up to you. Good Luck on your journey !
__
Old 04-07-2011, 09:10 AM
NorwegianWiccaGirl

Thanks for the advice, it's nice that people want to help :)
When it comes to Witchcraft, I've been "a witch" my entire life... without knowing it.
I casted spells, made my own.. sort of... rituals, and went out at night to look at the full moon.

I just thought that I was mad, really, until I discovered Wicca.
My mother though I was playing Harry Potter, and that's what I wanted her to believe...
But now, it's different, I'm older - and I'm reading about serious Witchcraft... she is beginning to understand that I'm serious.

I've always been different than others.
I'm not even thinking the same way my friends are. I'm more mature, I love nature and animals...
So when I discovered Wicca, I felt that I finally had found myself.

I've been doing magic my entire life, but I thought it was just something I believed. Appearently, there's a whole world who believes the same as I do... :)

But you are right, I should find out what I believe. I have, but I need to think about it, too.
I'm going to read as much as I can.

But if my mother says I have to quit... I won't listen to her.
Because this is me. I just want her to be happy for me...

Wow, I wrote alot.. Well, I haven't been able to talk to anyone about this...
Until now! ;)
(Hope you understand my English...)
Old 04-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Master
OK, nuff said NWG. I am glad you took it in the way it was intended , seems like you already have the bases covered Just you talk away ! Lot more people will talk to you from the various different time zones I am sure.

"(Hope you understand my English...)" I understand the Americans so you are easy to understand