Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Master
Free will, a blessing or a curse?

Although some may argue the point, I think its fairly evident that we have free will. So my question is this, having free will allows us to act independently, which is great, but it also allows us to behave in ways based on our conditioning and habits, many of which are bad.
Is the spiritual journey ultimately about giving up free will and becoming one with god/everything? If so this presumably means giving up our `individual` free will.
I would love to hear peoples thoughts.
god bless
Old 23-05-2011, 05:09 PM
Sundialed

our free will does many many things for us, lots of good, and bad, but even the bad is holy so no worries. progressive learning and mastering the animal within seems to be a wonderful side effect, if you have what it takes, although all journeys are blessed.
Old 24-05-2011, 06:13 AM
Blaze

Both! As usual!
Old 24-05-2011, 06:24 AM
Master
Well there isn't anyone to give up free will and there isn't anyone to have free will, what you believe to be free will is just a whole big programming and conditioning that you base your free will on. Even if you are living a life as a so called Awakened one, the mind body will still do what it does, any change will just be added programming from the so called experience of Awakening.
Old 24-05-2011, 06:54 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Well there isn't anyone to give up free will and there isn't anyone to have free will, what you believe to be free will is just a whole big programming and conditioning that you base your free will on. Even if you are living a life as a so called Awakened one, the mind body will still do what it does, any change will just be added programming from the so called experience of Awakening.
You may not care for it, but there are persons, and they enjoy freewill.. they are temporary as physical manifestations, but they do exist and exercise their will on their environment, which exercises back.. and so, they develop a relationship, the individual and its environment, each free to deal with the consequences of its choices, it's plainly obvious..

Story upon story is told about how there's 'no one' that is real.. then, the explanations, the wordplay, the excuses, whatever it takes to convince anyone that what is plainly obvious is not real.. a pointless exercise in futility as if it were actually true, there would be no conversations about it, it would be self-evident.. so, the stories continue..

Be well..
Old 24-05-2011, 07:16 AM
Master
What happens to be is what is observed to be, so a person is born and a physical interaction between the body and the rest of the universe stimulates sense organs which we become conscious of... but funnily enough, when I stub my toe you have no clue I did that... what does it mean? Nothing! That's just how it is.
Old 24-05-2011, 08:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

You may not care for it, but there are persons, and they enjoy freewill.. they are temporary as physical manifestations, but they do exist and exercise their will on their environment, which exercises back.. and so, they develop a relationship, the individual and its environment, each free to deal with the consequences of its choices, it's plainly obvious..

Story upon story is told about how there's 'no one' that is real.. then, the explanations, the wordplay, the excuses, whatever it takes to convince anyone that what is plainly obvious is not real.. a pointless exercise in futility as if it were actually true, there would be no conversations about it, it would be self-evident.. so, the stories continue..

Be well..
Yes there is so called free will, in that sense, that is in the belief that you are the mind body, and like i said the free will that you believe you have as the mind body is just programming and conditioning. But I have realized that we are not the mind body and I am speaking from there, so take your pick to which you want at the moment your replying or not replying to want I have shared.
Old 25-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Master
but surely in sharing , psycho you are demonstarating free will, a choice to share. And my question is, do you think this ability to act, without constarint, is a good or bad thing?
Old 26-05-2011, 06:18 AM
Master

Hi peteyzen,

Human beings have a limited free will. It is a necessity for physical experience. Blessing or curse depends on what one does with it.

Interestingly, as a result, what we call free-will is often a slavery to ignorance.

What we (as ego identified) are afraid of is surrender to God's Will, because ego views this as sacrificing its freedom.

Yet paradoxically, spiritual Masters who have attained this confluence - surrender to God's Will, describe it as complete and total freedom, yet they also say that consequently they have absolutely no free-will in the 'normal' conception.

~ J
Old 26-05-2011, 06:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
but surely in sharing , psycho you are demonstarating free will, a choice to share. And my question is, do you think this ability to act, without constarint, is a good or bad thing?
No there is no free will in my sharing, it just arises, I didn't plane it it just happened, it also took many years of programming to get me to write this very reply.