Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 20-05-2011, 09:30 PM
AmethystDawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Yeah, there's been a few threads recently. Obviously because it's tomorrow (or today) depending on where you live.

I find it amazing that someone has been able to put billboards all over America - that wouldn't happen in this country (UK). You'd have to apply to all the local councils first and it would take months of negotiation...

Not forgetting District Councils then County Councils before it gets to the Locals. Thereafter it would get referred to Parish councils as something like this would be out of their respective jurisdiction on religious grounds

Reminds me of those blokes who used to wear Sandwich boards in town centres proclaiming 'The End Is Nigh'

Seriously though I'm sorry the op's daughter was upset by this thoughtless idiocy.
Old 20-05-2011, 09:31 PM
Master
Yes it the 21st here in Australia and nothing is happening, dam I'm all packed and no where to go.
Old 20-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Enya

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Yes it the 21st here in Australia and nothing is happening, dam I'm all packed and no where to go.
LOL!
Old 20-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Isn't it already May 21st for our Australian friends?

If so and you're up early, let us know you are still around.

Squatch

Great point.. But then I suppose that everything hinges on American time, you know, this great Godly nation founded by God himself to have a Nation that would be obedient to him and preach the gospel to the world..... I'm sure that's the answer to the time zone problem... Riiiiiiiight.
Old 20-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Harold Camping says there is no Plan B...

I find this more interesting. That a person would put themselves on the line (knowing the fallout).

Like you say, especially those that have given him money. No wait, why would you give money to him when it's all over today? What would he want money for? Am I missing something? Has he been around for years?

I tend to come into these threads because I am slightly fascinated as to why one of us (the human race) does this kind of thing. It's so 'out there' and exposed. I wonder if they are not totally rational. Mentally. And don't really appreciate or understand the side effects of being wrong.
Old 20-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Well in this economy money talks. So if the price is right I guess they will put whatever on a billboard. Even one that says the bible guarantees it.

Harold Camping says there is no Plan B... So what happens when it doesn't happen? Harold Camping will, no doubt, be eaten alive, criticized, and torn apart.

The sad thing about it is that whatever lame excuse camping comes up with as to why it didn't happen, his blind followers will still follow him like a modern day messiah.

The scary side; Camping has been wrong before, so what will he do this time when it all proves to be false? Will he spiritualize the whole thing somehow and lead his followers in a suicide mission like Heaven's Gate? It is a bit creepy when you think of how this could turn out for this group.
Old 20-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Suspended
I have 56 minutes to go.

What to do...what to do...
Old 20-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Master
I have no idea what kind of 'end of the world' scenario they came up with.. but an asteroid would be spotted long before it would hit.
Don't know what other ideas are possible.. maybe some sorcerers channelling a dark lord or something..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye
Great point.. But then I suppose that everything hinges on American time, you know, this great Godly nation founded by God himself to have a Nation that would be obedient to him and preach the gospel to the world..... I'm sure that's the answer to the time zone problem... Riiiiiiiight.
You are right.. we have to wait until America wakes up! Then the LORD will reveal
Old 20-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
I have no idea what kind of 'end of the world' scenario they came up with.. but an asteroid would be spotted long before it would hit.
Don't know what other ideas are possible.. maybe some sorcerers channelling a dark lord or something..
You are right.. we have to wait until America wakes up! Then the LORD will reveal

The Lord just spoke to me and said that it is thus.... How could camping have missed this vital part of the prophecy.
Old 20-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos

GO America!!!

Come on...hurry up. We're nearly on 21st. The rest of us eastwise has been there, done it and got the t-shirt. You're so old hat.