Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 14-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Master
being different

i guess this would apply to everyone here since for most part most people's beliefs don't align with the societal norms

I've found that i percieve certain situations, people etc different then others. I know now it's bc i am an intuitive , can see person/situation for what they really are but it's created a fear in me that i will be attacked bc i dont share the same views as others. Or if myself go against what's considered normal i'll be attacked.. Anyone else have this fear?
Old 14-05-2011, 06:55 PM
unus supra

i dont feel that way myself, BUT i can understand the fear. this world has a history of people being attacked for thinking differently. having
said that, i wouldnt worry too much about it.
Old 14-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Master
thanks unus, i never had this fear before until i realized my perception of things is different then others
Old 14-05-2011, 07:03 PM
unus supra

ya, thats the price of fame i guess haha. hopefully at some point we can all see things as they are and not be so darn afraid of each other.
Old 14-05-2011, 07:03 PM
northstar

yes yes yes...

attacks go with the territory... i just look at it this way... 'well it seems evry1 else is being THEMselves... where is it written that i dont get to play too'... i mean... 'it was written by the gods in the heavens?... every1 on planet earth get to be themselves... well except for steve... he has to do what every1 tells him to'... (smile)
Old 14-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Prokopton

I definitely used to have this fear. I found that it descended from parental stuff. Around the age of 6 I had already given up on people being true to themselves, and learned that if you pointed out that they were occluding their own light (or words to that effect in 6-y-o language) they would resent it. It was also the case that many adults had given up their own perceptions in order to fit in, and anything else scared them.

his remains the case for many of course. When I learned that, just because others were scared, I need not be, that changed. One still must be aware when crossing cultural lines, but the sense of worrying about being lashed out at is much less now, because I can feel safe in following my instinct about it.
Old 14-05-2011, 07:35 PM
northstar

talk about being different... i was talking with a she/male on another channel this morning... after telling her she looked lovely, she had the sweet coy look down perfect... then all the jerks came in, and i've never seen anyone handle the traffic so well... never batted an eye... so comfortable in her skin that she might teach a few 'awakened' people in here about being... i was impressed... and that is hard to do (smile)...
Old 14-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Prokopton

Quote:
i was impressed... and that is hard to do (smile)...

That's very cool. Belonging to a sexually based subculture, with no official sanction, does force you to learn grace in a hurry I guess.
Old 14-05-2011, 07:41 PM
northstar

indeed............
Old 14-05-2011, 07:45 PM
MoonDancer

There are only a few people I would talk about some of this stuff with. I few lucky actually to even have them. I remember going to the mall a few months ago with my sis and her boyfriend, there was a new age store that opened up, and he called it those weird stores. I was excited! haha but was just another reminder of how most people are. Its strange actually, not trying to insult here, but compared to most popular religions today like Catholic, they seem crazy not us. If you're gonna play who crazy game.
Also like you, its easy for me to read people and know things about them, but hard for me to explain to others how I do.