Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 28-02-2013, 03:18 AM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 12,231
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
Look up Anthony Borgia's "Life in the World Unseen"
It would answer quite a bit.
__________________
.
"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death
by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...
Meditate unceasingly, that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"

~Lahiri Mahasaya, the Guru of Yogananda's Guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.







Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 28-02-2013, 03:19 AM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 12,231
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
Higher self isn't really the correct term of reference, even tho it is used all the time these days.....You are a spiritual being, temporarily in a physical body...you are spirit and you are here for a reason....if your spirit was a higher or perfect being, there would be no need to keep coming back.......you are here to learn, to cope,to overcome obstacles and to experience........as a soul on the Otherside, you will still need to progress and to learn, regardless if you choose to reincarnate or not.....it is all about progression on both sides of the veil.......
Excellent.
__________________
.
"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death
by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...
Meditate unceasingly, that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"

~Lahiri Mahasaya, the Guru of Yogananda's Guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.







Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 28-02-2013, 05:34 AM
StephenK
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
What is not even close? What exactly do 'you' mean by oversoul.? Do you mean that you connected with your own soul? L

The "not even close" thingy is in reference to your observations that; "It is quite true that we do not/cannot bring all of our energy into an incarnation....."

First we need to consider what physical matter technically is... physical matter is actually frozen light, or condensed sound, but it's not a solid.... science cannot find a solid... so physical matter is essentially an energetic illusion. Now, our consciousness is currently participating within this illusion... As an entity-of-energy (which is what our true nature is) an aspect of our consciousness is currently vibrating at this thickened, more condensed,frozen light state. Within this state we can build rather solid appearing stories... we can do drama, based on a feeling of vulnerability that's hard to replicate in our purely energetic state.

Should our ultimate nature inject itself more fully into this illusion then this spell would dissolve, and we'd fully awaken to our own more-complete presence.

As to my connecting with my soul... it truly felt like it at the time... and also at the time I didn't know hardly a thing about anything new age, I didn't know a thing about 95% of the subjects that I've deeply explored since... and yet at the time I got a glimpse of the punch-line... that one brief exposure pulled the curtains back for just a moment, leaving me then with some fairly solid conclusions.... over the years those conclusions are proving accurate, based both on what I've been reading from others, and with what science is now saying about the basis of our physical world... that and numerous other less dramatic "spiritual" experiences that followed..

So again, to truly connect with ones soul is deeply complicated... physical matter, as we know it, simply dissolves, because "physical" doesn't actually exist as a true solid in the first place... to connect with ones soul is to re-awaken fully to the truth.. this short time in my-own-deeper presence convinced me of that... connect ~fully~ with your soul and you awaken from whence we came... which no longer includes being physical...
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 28-02-2013, 03:22 PM
MU!!
Posts: n/a
 
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
Keep in mind... that when we think of ourselves we usually do so in regards to that which surround us... our family, friends, physical location, our perceived history, our job, our gender, what we own... and the folks that surround us are doing the same thing... our current definition-of-self is conditional... when we die... all those things that we think of while we are now defining ourselves will no longer be relevent.... right down to that sense of "feeling physical"... all that evaporates... so we will naturally be defining ourselves based on what will then come next... and we will do so with the same sureness that we are using to now define ourselves in this context... just as you defined yourself as a child, as a young teen, as a growing adult, so you will define yourself via the stimulus of that which comes next.... have faith.... :^)
This is a slight digression, but Frederic Myers, that great pioneer of psychical research, communicated the following on this subject from the next life through the automatic writing of Geraldine Cummins, in her book, The Road to Immortality. It is a bit complicated to follow but it has helped me:


Quote:
"Memory out of the body is a different affair altogether. When we become discarnate beings we are far more detached from the early images for the reason that they are no longer bound to us by matter through the medium of the brain cells. The threads, you must realise, are broken by death…. We do not draw them to us as when we are alive, with labour and difficulty, we simply make the necessary effort which places us in the state that makes it possible for us to perceive the images we desire. Now, we are not in that state when we communicate through you. That is our difficulty. We are quite detached from these images, and unless the medium has the psychic power of absorbing the facts demanded from our memory – with our assistance, of course – we cannot provide you with the evidence you require."


Point being that how we define ourselves on earth is soon to be completely irrelevant.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 28-02-2013, 03:38 PM
MU!!
Posts: n/a
 
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
Higher self isn't really the correct term of reference, even tho it is used all the time these days.....You are a spiritual being, temporarily in a physical body...you are spirit and you are here for a reason....if your spirit was a higher or perfect being, there would be no need to keep coming back.......you are here to learn, to cope,to overcome obstacles and to experience
  • Compassion.
  • To assist others who are on earth.
  • Higher does not equal "all learned up".
  • Spirit returns don't always have to do with the spirit returning
Just a few things entirely incorrect...now corrected.

MU!!'s here to help.

Anyway MU!! can.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 28-02-2013, 03:42 PM
MU!!
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
So again, to truly connect with ones soul is deeply complicated... physical matter, as we know it, simply dissolves, because "physical" doesn't actually exist as a true solid in the first place... to connect with ones soul is to re-awaken fully to the truth.. this short time in my-own-deeper presence convinced me of that... connect ~fully~ with your soul and you awaken from whence we came... which no longer includes being physical...

Yeah, snap that silver cord, baby, I'm down wid ya'!

Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-03-2013, 02:11 AM
Juanita
Posts: n/a
 
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
The "not even close" thingy is in reference to your observations that; "It is quite true that we do not/cannot bring all of our energy into an incarnation....."

First we need to consider what physical matter technically is... physical matter is actually frozen light, or condensed sound, but it's not a solid.... science cannot find a solid... so physical matter is essentially an energetic illusion. Now, our consciousness is currently participating within this illusion... As an entity-of-energy (which is what our true nature is) an aspect of our consciousness is currently vibrating at this thickened, more condensed,frozen light state. Within this state we can build rather solid appearing stories... we can do drama, based on a feeling of vulnerability that's hard to replicate in our purely energetic state.

Should our ultimate nature inject itself more fully into this illusion then this spell would dissolve, and we'd fully awaken to our own more-complete presence.

As to my connecting with my soul... it truly felt like it at the time... and also at the time I didn't know hardly a thing about anything new age, I didn't know a thing about 95% of the subjects that I've deeply explored since... and yet at the time I got a glimpse of the punch-line... that one brief exposure pulled the curtains back for just a moment, leaving me then with some fairly solid conclusions.... over the years those conclusions are proving accurate, based both on what I've been reading from others, and with what science is now saying about the basis of our physical world... that and numerous other less dramatic "spiritual" experiences that followed..

So again, to truly connect with ones soul is deeply complicated... physical matter, as we know it, simply dissolves, because "physical" doesn't actually exist as a true solid in the first place... to connect with ones soul is to re-awaken fully to the truth.. this short time in my-own-deeper presence convinced me of that... connect ~fully~ with your soul and you awaken from whence we came... which no longer includes being physical...


who was talking about the physical? Your last paragraph sounds like you already transitioned.........Why must everyone make simple principles into complicated sagas......We as spirit, "are" energy.....my understanding is that no physical being can bring 100% of their energy into an incarnation; it is said that it would fry your circuits.....I have been told that I did "not" bring enough into this incarnation... so your experiences dictate your beliefs and my experiences dictate mine......
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-03-2013, 02:17 AM
Juanita
Posts: n/a
 
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MU!!
  • Compassion.
  • To assist others who are on earth.
  • Higher does not equal "all learned up".
  • Spirit returns don't always have to do with the spirit returning
Just a few things entirely incorrect...now corrected.

MU!!'s here to help.

Anyway MU!! can.




Excuse me, but what does"experience" not cover in the first 3 items on your "list"? I have no idea what you are talking about with spirit returns don't always have to do with spirit returning--you might want to explain what you mean.....who do you think that you are helping????? Mu can't.........:-)
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-03-2013, 05:06 AM
StephenK
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
... so your experiences dictate your beliefs and my experiences dictate mine......

I was actually agreeing with your original observation... just filling in some blanks... :^)
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-03-2013, 05:08 AM
StephenK
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MU!!
Yeah, snap that silver cord, baby, I'm down wid ya'!


Heehhee all in good time.... :^)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums