Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 06-05-2011, 12:04 AM
Greg

Feeling a bit lost

I've mentioned this before but I feel a bit lost in my spiritual practice. I tie myself to no religion, but consider myself spiritual. I used to practice Tibetan THEN zen Buddhism but became increasingly frustrated with it. After reading books by other more generalised Spiritual teachers, I seem be slightly more comfortable with that. However I'm not sure where I'm going. I feel almost inclined to be part of some sort of spiritual tradition, perhaps this is just my ego talking?
Old 06-05-2011, 01:02 AM
Allexistence

Hi there, I understand what you are feeling. To love unconditionally and see the true essence and beauty of life, one must become the Source of life itself, instead of a seperated perspective of the mind.

At every single moment, there is only one concious awareness. Through a layer of programs created by the ego/ animal brain, the central focus of this has been lost, and a seperate individual, known as duality has been created.

The mind categorizes in what it believes to be the most important to the ego self at that time including sex, drugs, money, food, etc. The mind is actually not you. One easy proof of this is if you tell the mind to stop, it wont! If the mind was truly you, it would have listened and stopped on your command.

Thoughts are merly something the ego can hold onto so that it can claim the source of its existence. Great relief can be found when you realise, if you exist now, you will exist forever. Thoughts are not the creation of your existence. God is the creation of all existence. Nothing and no one has ever died, it simply changed form.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:22 AM
themaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg
I've mentioned this before but I feel a bit lost in my spiritual practice. I tie myself to no religion, but consider myself spiritual. I used to practice Tibetan THEN zen Buddhism but became increasingly frustrated with it. After reading books by other more generalised Spiritual teachers, I seem be slightly more comfortable with that. However I'm not sure where I'm going. I feel almost inclined to be part of some sort of spiritual tradition, perhaps this is just my ego talking?
No, I had a wish to join a hippie commune just a few months ago maybe summer of 2010

Let me first off say that being around like minded people on this forum or in person is very FREEING

Where as you walk around in our REAL reality.. you could get into a argument with a gas station attandent or anyone.. about ideas such as life after death.. or law of attraction or science vs. new age (just for the record it's not everyone.. in fact you will attract like minded people by your very vibration )

Here's what I'm saying.. your not the only one.. I go through up ands downs too.. and I've got spiritual tools and angels working with me

The "who we are not" is being cleared out daily.. a lot of us our set adrift.. alone on purpose so we can focus inwardly.. these things are not accidents..

It would be really cool to hang out with like minded people all the time.. but even like minded people have limitations.. in fact some of them are doing "spiritual" wrong.. even though you can't do it wrong!

Here's some practical advice for you.. okay?

- Look on meetup.com there are "new age" meetups in every city.. they go under terms of "abraham-hicks" "metaphysics" "tarot" "channeling" "guides and eve meditation"

That will put you in the element of "new age" people.. :)

Otherwise..

- Hop on youtube and watch spiritual videos (there a plenty) go to spiritlibrary.com and read some uplifting channels.. or come hang out with the community here in chat or posts :)

Those are some options for your "I feel almost inclined to be part of some sort of spiritual tradition" all you will ever find creator god in exploring anything is more of yourself.. because everything is you.. so follow your bliss!
Old 06-05-2011, 05:37 AM
themaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allexistence
Hi there
Hi Allexistence.. welcome to the forums!!

I wish to share with you some ideas about your advice..
Quote:
Hi there, I understand what you are feeling. To love unconditionally and see the true essence and beauty of life, one must become the Source of life itself, instead of a seperated perspective of the mind.
I'm gonna say not exactly.. we are part of the one.. but were supposed to be individuals of the one.. not the one!
Quote:
Through a layer of programs created by the ego/ animal brain, the central focus of this has been lost, and a seperate individual, known as duality has been created.
These programs I usually call "beliefs"

These beliefs were created by the brain/ego in a way your right.. but they were created in energetic spiritual structure aka.. magnetism and thought energy created many of the limitations of reality..

Duality was not created through the programs but through a layered energy.. a stepping into the term I know as the 3rd dimension.. the 4th dimension is where we begin to see choice and where in the higher 4th.. heaven on earth exists
Quote:
The mind categorizes in what it believes to be the most important to the ego self at that time including sex, drugs, money, food, etc. The mind is actually not you. One easy proof of this is if you tell the mind to stop, it wont! If the mind was truly you, it would have listened and stopped on your command.
Why would you deny the mind is you?

See that doesn't make any sense.. it would be clearer to say you’re not in very GOOD control of your mind.. that's why the stop order doesn't work that.. and in reality.. change is a constant.. hence "stop" doesn't really work..

Try a command like focus on money/sex.. now that works..

Try a command like body terminate self.. now that doesn't work! (I know I tried it) lol

Allexistence.. do you believe the ego is bad?

I mean is it a enemy? (some of your words seem to indicate this )
Quote:
Thoughts are merly something the ego can hold onto so that it can claim the source of its existence. Great relief can be found when you realise, if you exist now, you will exist forever.
I agree with you that release of the "fear of death" is helpful..

But thoughts don't come from "nowhere" yah know.. any theories on where thoughts are generated from? programs of the brain yah?

And how do you remove the programs? :)
Old 07-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Racer X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg
I've mentioned this before but I feel a bit lost in my spiritual practice. I tie myself to no religion, but consider myself spiritual. I used to practice Tibetan THEN zen Buddhism but became increasingly frustrated with it.

You were not frustrated with it.......
Your "expectations" brought about a condition of frustration and this is quite normal. "Expectation" or "Wanting" is a major obstacle which few overcome~
"This is not what I wanted" ........and then they quit.

After reading books by other more generalised Spiritual teachers, I seem be slightly more comfortable with that.

Resonating at the teaching ......one must begin where one is~

However I'm not sure where I'm going.

Let Go and ALLOW a "Certain Uncertainty" to BE~

We are all just going in a circle around a circle on a circle, much like a circus.

I feel almost inclined to be part of some sort of spiritual tradition, perhaps this is just my ego talking?

EGO will try every deception to keep you from ............dissolving EGO so BEING can BE resolved.

Forget tradition and blaze your own WAY~!

Tradition gives some stability to the masses who are not yet ready to Awaken and this is quite well for them..........

If you wish to Awaken you need to LET GO of ...........All things, not in giving everything away.........this does not work........but in seeing through all things. HOW? Well, you can't .....it just happens after a certain preparation period which has its own Mystery Laws to follow.

Try~! Try~! Persist~! Persist~! Call out for Divine Help and expect it to come~! When? /////// Unknown. Accept that and proceed anyway~