Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 24-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Suspended
Spiritual Development Challenge For You!

One part of spiritual development is learning to see several perspectives and assimilating them in a creative way.
Obviously, we all have internet access... so I challenge you to...

Pick one of the subjects below, to study.
Pick any 2 or more sources that you're unfamiliar with (or is relatively new to you).
Read as much or as little as you want about your subject.
Then tell us anything you've learned or see in a new way.

1. Belief
2. Energy
3. God
4. Harmony
5. Healing
6. Life
7. Love
8. Metaphysics
9. Spirit
10. Subconscious
Old 24-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Knower
A metaphysicist as like a philosopher that takes both science and the supernatural into account, not just logic. That would get very confusing and complicated, because the three things don't often agree with eachother, but in truth it seems like something that's actually easier if you think about something in a simpler manner, so you can see the whole picture instead of focusing on the details, or see the details and ignore the whole picture. They've succeeded when they can do both at once. (Just my take on it, not many actual facts in this post)
Old 24-04-2011, 08:34 PM
Ivy

I feel perhaps experience may seem to be a much slower form of development. But it surely touches the spirit like soil to the roots of a growing plant.

The study of knowledge is perhaps a worthwihile pursuit that can help a person as they grow.

But if I went off and read a book or googled one of these subjects, would my spiritual development show in the facts I brought back?
Old 24-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Suspended
WolfeofWildwood,
THANK YOU!
I hadn't realized how metaphysics combined those 3 studies.
Interesting!
Metaphysics seems a little like what my intent with this thread is...
to incorporate different perspectives in a new creative way... and to think "outside the box" we're used to...
Also, to incorporate great minds on and off "Spiritual Forums"!! :)

Heather,
What you ask is almost like asking "Does your spiritual development show in the "facts" you read & post on this forum?" Except although, this forum offers diversity, there is a unifying spiritual interest. I want to encourage thinking outside what's usually considered. I don't want to argue about if learning new perspectives helps our spiritual development or not... nor do I want to argue whether we should do this or not. Either do it or don't. Fair enough?
Old 24-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Suspended
I'll take the topic of Healing...
The need for healing arises from trauma, real or perceived. The more frightened or helpless we feel, the more traumatic any experience is. As a child, we're more likely to feel helpless because adults are bigger, stronger & more knowledgeable than we were. Any child with a wild & unchecked imagination could experience trauma within, without experiencing it externally. As a parent, this makes me want to stay close with my kids - so they feel open to discuss anything with me.

Something else I discovered about healing is a miraculous fact of womens' bodies! When any part of us is injured, our natural healing mechanisms go into play - through blood, scabs... then scar tissue develops to protect against further injury. This wonderful natural healing process happens everywhere in the body - except one place... woman's ovaries. It is the ONLY place where scar tissue is completely & naturally dissolved. If it were not so, after her 1st 2 periods, she would be infertile & none of us would be here.
Old 24-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perspective
Heather,
What you ask is like asking "Does your spiritual development show in the "facts" you read & post on this forum?" This forum offers diversity, yet there is a unifying spiritual interest. I want to encourage thinking outside what's usually considered. I don't want to argue about if learning new perspectives helps our spiritual development or not... nor do I want to argue whether we should do this or not. Either do it or don't. Fair enough?

Learning new perspectives I whole-heartedly agree with the benefits. Whether new perspectives are gathered as quickly as a google search, I doubt. I feel there is much to be shared on these subjects simply from individual perspectives....wherever they may be sourced. Im not great with learning from reading...so I offered my perspective. My apologies for not giving what you wanted. I wanted to give the perspective that youve not included...thats all.
Old 25-04-2011, 01:25 AM
Knower
heather, I respect that, it actually makes sense once explained, though I choose to disagree.

Perspective, thanks :) Two different sites called them scientists and philosophers, and it made me think about how you would combine these into a singular thing. The subject matter is where the supernatural comes in, and I thought that simplifying things instead of complicating things made sense 'cause the closer you get to the beginning (the simpler it is) then the easier it is to connect things. :]
Old 25-04-2011, 01:57 AM
Suspended
Heather,
Thanks for your good intentions.

WolfeofWildwood,
That's true! Light bulb moment! Thanks.
It's like that really smart scientist/philosopher who talked through a machine...
He explained how science is so concerned with how the universe functions & how it was created... but not concerned enough about why.
Old 25-04-2011, 06:54 PM
unus supra

Hey, i think this is a brilliant thread, im short on understanding in terms of healing.

so im going to take healing buddy, BUT, im gonna nail this one, it will take some time so il probably bring this thread back up after a while. i want to get it, through and through.

novel idea

kavon
Old 25-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Mind's Eye

I have really been on the subject of belief lately. There is just something in man that needs to believe in some world or Divine entity beyond himself and I believe it goes beyond glands and brain function as some would purpose. I think where man has gone awry is by not following his heart in matters of faith and spiritual things. He, for some reason, has let other individuals relate to him what is beyond the material veil. And naturally, when these ideas are presented by a person of influence, those images are more readily accepted by the subconscious mind of the one hearing and learning. This, then causes entire tribes, countries and cultures to perhaps hold a skewed interpretation of the Divine... hence the thought energies that they broadcast will project the experiences of the believers whether they be positive or negative.

In conclusion; we all need our teachers in life. But once we have accepted a piece of data from another, we have to assimilate it to ourselves and cast off any jagged edges that might not resonate with our inner being.