Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 05-02-2020, 10:45 PM
Master

How I found a way to escape depression

So I am writing this here because it's part of my spiritual development and I think it can be really helpful.

The technique is pretty simple, I had 5 days of no depression and anxiety and today I used it again in order to not fall again for the tricks of depression.

1. Meditate for a period of time, daily, at least 30 minutes, let's say one month, it's important to reach some deeper state of meditation because we are going to rewind the subconscious mind.

2. After this period of meditation, keep meditating and when you reach a deep state, it easy to know, after more than 30 minutes the mind is silent enough, then start telling yourself affirmations like: "I am love", "I am peace", "I am happiness", "I am a good person", "I am a peaceful person", "I am always at peace even when in stressful situations", "I am motivated", "I am creative", "I love to do the things that make me happy"; you get the point, say these on and on. You could meditate saying these words for around 2-3 hours, just stop from time to time and enjoy the silence.

3. A faster method is to use a sound that uses ambient music and a human voice where all these affirmations are said, there are also videos who put you in a trance faster, but I think you really need to have some experience with meditation so that you can reach a very deep state where the subconscious mind can be rewritten. ( PM me for this type of "music", I have some that I use too ) It's a way to use hypnosis on yourself all by yourself, by yourself using your own voice or by this type of music, I use both methods.

My advice, repeat this technique daily for the best results and probably it needs to be done for a couple of months so that your mind would be totally healed.

So, my story in few words, almost 6 years of depression, I used to have one "normal" day once at a week, two weeks or even once a month, so much suffering and inner torment, now I feel so good that I can't believe it, it's really really amazing... 5 days in a row of no depression, this never happened in the last 6 years, I even forgot how it feels to be normal... I kept asking myself: "Is this how it feels to be "normal", Where is the pain, I look inside and I can't find? Is this rreally happening to me? and so on..

The most important thing, you have to BELIEVE that you can get better, just have a drop of faith, the subconscious mind is a real thing and it can be and it is influenced by everything we do, say and think, and in turn it influences us.

5 days in a row of no depression, this is in fact my 6 day, I waited some time to be sure of my finding, I jumped of joy, I cried, I danced, I smile all day long, I have tons of energy, creativity and motivation, in fact, I started to work on the things I love, because I could no do them until now, there was so so much inner pain... finally, finally, after so much inner torment, I have peace....

This is how my mind talks "with me" now: I am a strong person, I can do all things that I want to do, I am motivated, I will not fall again into depression, I am powerful, I am very stubborn, yes, I use these words daily in my mind to encourage me, something that I could not do before... I used to play the role of the "victim" 24/24 because this what depression is actually doing..

Thank you all, I would have not reached this state without all your advices!!

I want to share this with many people but I believe that the most two important things are: Meditation and a tiny drop of faith that you can actually heal!!

Old 06-02-2020, 04:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
So I am writing this here because it's part of my spiritual development and I think it can be really helpful.

The technique is pretty simple, I had 5 days of no depression and anxiety and today I used it again in order to not fall again for the tricks of depression.

1. Meditate for a period of time, daily, at least 30 minutes, let's say one month, it's important to reach some deeper state of meditation because we are going to rewind the subconscious mind.

2. After this period of meditation, keep meditating and when you reach a deep state, it easy to know, after more than 30 minutes the mind is silent enough, then start telling yourself affirmations like: "I am love", "I am peace", "I am happiness", "I am a good person", "I am a peaceful person", "I am always at peace even when in stressful situations", "I am motivated", "I am creative", "I love to do the things that make me happy"; you get the point, say these on and on. You could meditate saying these words for around 2-3 hours, just stop from time to time and enjoy the silence.

3. A faster method is to use a sound that uses ambient music and a human voice where all these affirmations are said, there are also videos who put you in a trance faster, but I think you really need to have some experience with meditation so that you can reach a very deep state where the subconscious mind can be rewritten. ( PM me for this type of "music", I have some that I use too ) It's a way to use hypnosis on yourself all by yourself, by yourself using your own voice or by this type of music, I use both methods.

My advice, repeat this technique daily for the best results and probably it needs to be done for a couple of months so that your mind would be totally healed.

So, my story in few words, almost 6 years of depression, I used to have one "normal" day once at a week, two weeks or even once a month, so much suffering and inner torment, now I feel so good that I can't believe it, it's really really amazing... 5 days in a row of no depression, this never happened in the last 6 years, I even forgot how it feels to be normal... I kept asking myself: "Is this how it feels to be "normal", Where is the pain, I look inside and I can't find? Is this rreally happening to me? and so on..

The most important thing, you have to BELIEVE that you can get better, just have a drop of faith, the subconscious mind is a real thing and it can be and it is influenced by everything we do, say and think, and in turn it influences us.

5 days in a row of no depression, this is in fact my 6 day, I waited some time to be sure of my finding, I jumped of joy, I cried, I danced, I smile all day long, I have tons of energy, creativity and motivation, in fact, I started to work on the things I love, because I could no do them until now, there was so so much inner pain... finally, finally, after so much inner torment, I have peace....

This is how my mind talks "with me" now: I am a strong person, I can do all things that I want to do, I am motivated, I will not fall again into depression, I am powerful, I am very stubborn, yes, I use these words daily in my mind to encourage me, something that I could not do before... I used to play the role of the "victim" 24/24 because this what depression is actually doing..

Thank you all, I would have not reached this state without all your advices!!

I want to share this with many people but I believe that the most two important things are: Meditation and a tiny drop of faith that you can actually heal!!

biggrin:
ThatMan!

Woohoo!!!
Old 06-02-2020, 04:47 PM
Master

@ ThatMan

Old 06-02-2020, 10:14 PM
Master

Thank you @davidsun and @Unseeking Seeker It feels so good to feel "normal", I forgot how good it feels...
Old 07-02-2020, 09:57 AM
Pathfinder

Thanks for sharing ☺️

My depression relapses if I get lazy and don’t do all the things you mentioned ... it really does help.
Old 07-02-2020, 10:25 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by symmetricalsnowflake11
Thanks for sharing ☺️

My depression relapses if I get lazy and don’t do all the things you mentioned ... it really does help.

Yes, you have to practice this daily, it takes time for the mind to shift from one state of mind to another and it's even harder when you've been depressed for years as I've been. When I feel the "negative" influence, that's it, when I, instantly, I either meditate or I just start telling myself affirmations, but I am not saying them blindly, you know, like some empty words, I say them with all my being.

This is just another day with no depression for me, I did so much work last night, I kinda exaggerated, I am a programmer so.. I modeled a 3D car, took me 4 hours, which is super amazing because before I could not even start and I tried for months to start :))

When you think about doing something and then the body does not react with that inner pain, then you know, you have found the cure!!! And what's even more amazing is that you can go on beyond the thinking part and actually do the things you want to do!! Another amazing thing is that your mind does not spend anymore time on contemplating the meaning of doing things, you just do them!!
Old 07-02-2020, 03:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by symmetricalsnowflake11
It also helps if you have a reason to live, a purpose that is 'bigger' than your present 'self' constellation, which you desire. One naturally gets 'lazy' without such motiveation.

I have found 'what if' thinking about physically dying and so not being around in your body anymore to be a clarifying and energy intensifying exercise in this regard.

Some thought-provokers along these lines:

http://ericksonian.com/using-death-as-an-advisor

https://www.robertbrumet.com/blog/us...s-your-advisor
Old 09-02-2020, 11:41 PM
Seeker

That's amazing! Congratulations! Sounds like quite a journey back, and a lot of hard but worthy work! Keep up the meditations and I hope you can maintain a life where every day is filled with joy!
Old 10-02-2020, 01:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan

Having just that drop of faith can move mountains.

Were would you be without faith?

Thanks for sharing.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 11-02-2020, 11:43 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Having just that drop of faith can move mountains.

Were would you be without faith?

Thanks for sharing.

Yes, just like Jesus said!

I would still suffer just the way I used to.

Welcome, I believe everybody can free from depression with this technique of mind, I am free from it and I am enjoying my new life which is actually my old life before depression, when I used to be at the peak of my intellectual ability.