Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 28-01-2020, 07:01 AM
Pathfinder
Is the holy Spirit a person ? How do you know ?

Please share your thoughts : )
Old 28-01-2020, 07:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophian

I personally believe that how you see the holy spirit is your choice.
Old 28-01-2020, 01:59 PM
Master

You can find answers to your questions here: https://carm.org/holy-spirit
Old 28-01-2020, 03:56 PM
Angel1

WELL! Having been almost overwhelmed by the Holy Spirit several times -
whew,
esp being Baptized in the Holy Spirit, (did not realize till afterwards what happened to me had a name!
I was 'slain in the Spirit'!) and all that
has happened since then! - all I can say is it is the Spirit of God.
Oh my.

A person?
A spiritual Being extraordinaire.

Further thought added: With definite preferences...and this is why the Holy Spirit is symbolized
as a Dove. Do you know the nature of a dove? Unlike a pigeon, see.

On your window sill, picture a NYC high rise apt...pigeons could sit with you behind the window screaming and carrying on.
If you simply walk up to the window the dove will leave.
To make a place for the Holy Spirit - stillness and purity is very very important.
Ha, but watch out, the exception is when the Holy Spirit needs you to do something - then, you will be swept over
with the message of what to do...like a breeze going thru your bones and mind...a Spirit unseen ---but felt and understood.
Oh my...just remembering the times I want a cigarette and I don't smoke!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-01-2020, 04:44 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophian

What might seem right to man, could in up in his destruction ,(Pro. 16:25 There is a way that seem right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death). Jehovah God /Yahweh, does not want us to believe his words to be whatever we feel it should mean ,(Pro. 3:5,6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths). Some will come with what they seem to believe. But if it's Not an accurate understanding, it would be wrong. Those seeking God's words, should always allow his words to be the guiding factor in their beliefs.

Despite the fact that MANY interpret the ,”FATHER,SON, and the HOLY SPIRIT”, as being three Spirit beings. Here's a few verses showing that when it comes to High Spirit Beings. There's ONLY TWO, who are in Control of every situation. One verse that MANY uses of trying prove their point of Jesus and God being “one being” , here ,(1). John 10:30 I and my Father are one. (If the HS is a Being, and part of them, why wasn't it mentioned)?

(2). Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour know no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. NOTICE, Jesus mentioned, every being, “MAN”, “ANGELS” ,HIMSELF, and the “FATHER.” if the HS was a being, why wasn't it mentioned here?

(3). Rev. 5:1-7, (too long to post here), you can go read it. But it basically speaks of John through a vision, seen One seated on a throne, with a Book in his hand, the one is Jehovah God. It seems as though “NO ONE” was deemed worthy enough to take the Book. John began to cry, but one of the Spiritual Elders told him NOT to. Because there was someone who was worthy, it was Jesus. He came and took the Book out of God's Hand. NOW!... if the HS was part of Jesus and his Father, or/ and a Spirit Being. why wasn't it even mentioned?

MANY misunderstand what Jesus meant here ,(Matt. 12:31,32 “Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come). Jesus says one can speak ill against him ,(“the Son of Man”). But they couldn't speak ill against the Holy Spirit. NOW, where is “GOD?” shouldn't he ALSO be mentioned here, since they are all a “3in1 god." i'll come back to this!

Notice , these verses , (Acts 11:24 For he was a good man, and full of the Holy Ghost and of faith: and much people was added unto the Lord). here it talks about Barnabas, if the Holy spirit was a being, why don't the scripture say Barnabas was a good man, always HAVING the holy Spirit with him, or something like that. Instead it says he was FULL of the Holy spirit!)

Here ,(Matt. 1:18 ,20 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit. But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit). “THE CHILD of the HS. If someone who didn't understand this verse. Would think that the HS impregnated Mary.

And here, (Jude 1:20,21 But you, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost. Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life). If the HS was a being, it would make no sense to say to “pray in the “HG.” SO... the reason “GOD” wasn't mentioned, was because Jesus was referring to Jehovah God's Active force or Power! NO ONE has the right to speak ill against it! It's him making whatever he wants to Happen, Happen!

you”ll have to do research on how the false teaching of the HS being placed in the Bibles as the masculine term “he.” the Hebrew language, the Old Test., the word translating “spirit,” ruach, is referred to with feminine pronouns. But the Holy Spirit is not female. The Greeks used masculine and neuter words. parakletos to refer to the Holy Spirit, as a helper or comforter. So the Greek pronouns is basically like our English “he .” either way the Holy Spirit isn't a Being. peace
Old 28-01-2020, 05:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
What might seem right to man, could in up in his destruction ,(Pro. 16:25 There is a way that seem right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death). Jehovah God /Yahweh, does not want us to believe his words to be whatever we feel it should mean ,(Pro. 3:5,6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths). Some will come with what they seem to believe. But if it's Not an accurate understanding, it would be wrong. Those seeking God's words, should always allow his words to be the guiding factor in their beliefs.

Despite the fact that MANY interpret the ,”FATHER,SON, and the HOLY SPIRIT”, as being three Spirit beings. Here's a few verses showing that when it comes to High Spirit Beings. There's ONLY TWO, who are in Control of every situation. One verse that MANY uses of trying prove their point of Jesus and God being “one being” , here ,(1). John 10:30 I and my Father are one. (If the HS is a Being, and part of them, why wasn't it mentioned)?

(2). Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour know no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. NOTICE, Jesus mentioned, every being, “MAN”, “ANGELS” ,HIMSELF, and the “FATHER.” if the HS was a being, why wasn't it mentioned here?

(3). Rev. 5:1-7, (too long to post here), you can go read it. But it basically speaks of John through a vision, seen One seated on a throne, with a Book in his hand, the one is Jehovah God. It seems as though “NO ONE” was deemed worthy enough to take the Book. John began to cry, but one of the Spiritual Elders told him NOT to. Because there was someone who was worthy, it was Jesus. He came and took the Book out of God's Hand. NOW!... if the HS was part of Jesus and his Father, or/ and a Spirit Being. why wasn't it even mentioned?

MANY misunderstand what Jesus meant here ,(Matt. 12:31,32 “Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come). Jesus says one can speak ill against him ,(“the Son of Man”). But they couldn't speak ill against the Holy Spirit. NOW, where is “GOD?” shouldn't he ALSO be mentioned here, since they are all a “3in1 god." i'll come back to this!

Notice , these verses , (Acts 11:24 For he was a good man, and full of the Holy Ghost and of faith: and much people was added unto the Lord). here it talks about Barnabas, if the Holy spirit was a being, why don't the scripture say Barnabas was a good man, always HAVING the holy Spirit with him, or something like that. Instead it says he was FULL of the Holy spirit!)

Here ,(Matt. 1:18 ,20 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit. But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit). “THE CHILD of the HS. If someone who didn't understand this verse. Would think that the HS impregnated Mary.

And here, (Jude 1:20,21 But you, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost. Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life). If the HS was a being, it would make no sense to say to “pray in the “HG.” SO... the reason “GOD” wasn't mentioned, was because Jesus was referring to Jehovah God's Active force or Power! NO ONE has the right to speak ill against it! It's him making whatever he wants to Happen, Happen!

you”ll have to do research on how the false teaching of the HS being placed in the Bibles as the masculine term “he.” the Hebrew language, the Old Test., the word translating “spirit,” ruach, is referred to with feminine pronouns. But the Holy Spirit is not female. The Greeks used masculine and neuter words. parakletos to refer to the Holy Spirit, as a helper or comforter. So the Greek pronouns is basically like our English “he .” either way the Holy Spirit isn't a Being. peace

The grammatical gender of the word for "spirit" is both masculine and feminine in Hebrew (רוּחַ, rūaḥ), neuter in Greek (πνεῦμα, pneûma) and masculine in Latin (spiritus)..

Call Him/Her whatever you choose, how you personally perceive a spirit to be....
Old 28-01-2020, 09:36 PM
Deactivated Account

Not a Christian but I was thinking about this the other day, as I feel the same presence with my non-Christian gods that I used to with the Christian god. So I believe this indwelling Spirit is God itself, conscious in its own right, and personal yes but a person? Hmm, not sure.
Old 28-01-2020, 10:48 PM
Master

My understanding is that it is not God himself, nor is it Jesus.

God can literally change the construction of "you", God can literally transform you, the Soul'self, into the "very essence" of God.
And God wants to do it for you, but will only do it in the moments that you ask for it.
---------------------
essence
/ˈɛs(ə)ns/
Learn to pronounce
noun
the intrinsic nature or indispensable quality of something, especially something abstract, which determines its character.
--------------------
God does this by sending to you the Holy spirit'ual essence. BUT only in the instances/moments that you are desirous of it. & that is why the full transformation does not happen imediately.

To reach the complete transformation into Christhood (A child of god), one has to receive sufficient quantities of the christ essence.

We are all born natural spiritual man (mankind), children of our biological parents. And through gods very essence (the Holy spirit) he can transform us into his children.
Only his children can enter the Holy Kingdom. All others can only enter the lesser Heavens (the summerlands)

The above is for anyones considerations.
Old 29-01-2020, 04:27 PM
Pathfinder
Thank you all for your participation !!
Old 29-01-2020, 10:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMay
Not a Christian but I was thinking about this the other day, as I feel the same presence with my non-Christian gods that I used to with the Christian god. So I believe this indwelling Spirit is God itself, conscious in its own right, and personal yes but a person? Hmm, not sure.

much truth here. in the centre of the jungle is the temple
the beings in the jungle speak different things than what is heard in the temple
they surround it then become silent in the centre once you disobey them and go in, like a damn old soul!