Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 26-01-2020, 08:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Your experience, as everybody's, isn't a yardstick for the truth.

1. Not attachment, but ignorance causes pain.
2. Your inner-self lasts forever
3. I suspect you think of "forever" in terms of time ... which is instantaneous (not simultaneous)

Anyway, I got more into this ping-pong than I intended, and I'm sure this leads nowhere. I won't think back of the arguments I replied to, as those I replied to will dismiss my arguments. And that is okay.

Some do see difference of opinions as arguments
Old 26-01-2020, 08:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
I think one can be attached to non-attachment.
The universe is 13.8 billion years old and still going...

But yea I think everything is supposed to be sucked into a black hole eventually, but then it just gets packed denser and denser until another big bang happens,...so all this stuff seems to last forever.

It's funny to think of the two possibilities.

Say everything ends someday......what is left then? What is nothing?
Infinity is a trip too.

Lets say space is infinite without end.... NO END~
You could get in a magical space ship that travels billions and billions of miles a second.... and you can't reach the end of space BECAUSE THERE IS NONE~

So then you think, ok that is bizarre... lets say there is an end.... the only other possibility....well that is just as mind boggling.....

what is on the other side where the end is? How can an end exist?
what is nothing?

Both possibilities are incomprehensible to a human being and one has to be true.

Nothing lasts forever except change.

You don't have to be attached to non attachment, that is your choice. Through life's experiences you find your own way.
Old 26-01-2020, 09:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Yea you basically need to to do a whole bunch of meditation to get the gist of the philosophy...

Others who meditate 'get the gist' of a different philosophy. Actually a whole lot of different philosophies. So which philosophy is the Universal Truth?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 26-01-2020, 11:57 AM
Master
Ahhh, universal truth. What a very good question. And so many of us think we have found it.
Old 26-01-2020, 08:45 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Nothing lasts forever except change.

I think once created, consciousness never changes. Only what I am perceiving or experiencing changes, not the essence or seed that perceives. That what perceives is eternal and unchanging, even if it changes forms it is the same essence. Consciousness is like a singular particle unto itself, that then creates through drawing energies unto itself. An entity that perceives, unchanging for eternity. The root of perceiving. Now higher beings can erase the entity of such a particle, but the energy particle itself cannot be destroyed.

Like someone can respond to this post in a million different ways, but that someone will be the same thing perceiving their response whatever the response is. We will never know ourselves as something different, as we are unchanging, but what we are perceiving is always changing as nothing is standing still, except our unchanging self.
Old 26-01-2020, 08:49 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Ahhh, universal truth. What a very good question. And so many of us think we have found it.

We are it. No reason to look for it.
Old 26-01-2020, 09:07 PM
Master
Quote:
I think once created, consciousness never changes. Only what I am perceiving or experiencing changes, not the essence or seed that perceives. That what perceives is eternal and unchanging, even if it changes forms it is the same essence. Consciousness is like a singular particle unto itself, that then creates through drawing energies unto itself. An entity that perceives, unchanging for eternity. The root of perceiving. Now higher beings can erase the entity of such a particle, but the energy particle itself cannot be destroyed.

Like someone can respond to this post in a million different ways, but that someone will be the same thing perceiving their response whatever the response is. We will never know ourselves as something different, as we are unchanging, but what we are perceiving is always changing as nothing is standing still, except our unchanging self.

' I think once created, consciousness never changes. '

This is not what Buddha taught and Science agrees with him...

We have a constantly changing stream of consciousness....
Old 26-01-2020, 09:19 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
We have a constantly changing stream of consciousness....

That's just an idea you had at the moment you had it.
Next you will get a new idea and post that.
The you that has all these different ideas is what is never changing. Your ideas and thoughts are always changing, but not the you that is perceiving them.
You know yourself to be the poster of your posts.
The reader of others posts. This knowing of yourself will never change.

We all recognize ourselves as ourselves. You can think and conclude a million different things, it is still you doing it. A you you have always known as yourself.

We will exist for eternity, so it's best to make this now as full of light and love as possible.
Old 26-01-2020, 09:30 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
This is not what Buddha taught and Science agrees with him...

Or one could assert, that is what Buddha taught and Science disagrees with him.

It really doesn't matter much what we are thinking most of the time.
Who does it affect? Nobody really. It's just a consciousness playing around in the mental world of ideas. It may feel like such things are having an effect, but none of it changes us. It just changes what we are perceiving. The perceiver is always the same. A perceiver who loses interest in the perceived mental world is enlightened to some degree or another.
Old 26-01-2020, 09:58 PM
Master
Quote:
We are it. No reason to look for it.

My own version of universal truth is to perceive layers of mental and emotional obstruction separating us from “it”. My looking is to peel back those obstructions, to reveal what is beneath. Just knowing that “it” is there is not a finished job, it is only the potential, unexpressed.