Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 17-12-2019, 11:01 AM
Master
The other possibility is that it may not have been thought, it may have been a reoccurring vision. I had visions when I was very young, they were very vivid and I’d reach out for them but nothing was there. I did not tell my mom but I told my sister about my visions and she told me not to tell anyone about them because they might think I was crazy.

I stopped having visions once I started school, right around turning 6-years old. A vision is not a thought, some might call it a hallucination, but I think they go a lot deeper than a hallucination. I can also remember dreaming as a baby when I was asleep. The dreams were incredibly vivid and dynamic; they were about visiting incredible surreal places unlike anything here on Earth. I remember feeling very safe and comfortable in those places.

Greenslade, thank you. I found your first post in this thread very interesting. Are we predisposed to fulfill a purpose in this life; I would say yes. Everyone has specific innate talents that come to them naturally once discovered or developed. Those talents may coincide with a predisposed purpose.
Old 17-12-2019, 11:06 AM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
The other possibility is that it may not have been thought, it may have been a reoccurring vision. I had visions when I was very young, they were very vivid and I’d reach out for them but nothing was there. I did not tell my mom but I told my sister about my visions and she told me not to tell anyone about them because they might think I was crazy.

I stopped having visions once I started school, right around turning 6-years old. A vision is not a thought, some might call it a hallucination, but I think they go a lot deeper than a hallucination. I can also remember dreaming as a baby when I was asleep. The dreams were incredibly vivid and dynamic; they were about visiting incredible surreal places unlike anything here on Earth. I remember feeling very safe and comfortable in those places.

Greenslade, thank you. I found your first post in this thread very interesting. Are we predisposed to fulfill a purpose in this life; I would say yes. Everyone has specific innate talents that come to them naturally once discovered or developed. Those talents may coincide with a predisposed purpose.

I agree Starman.
Old 17-12-2019, 12:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Do you think babies are born into this world a blank slate or do we come here with a predisposition?
By predisposition I mean we already have a character, attitude, and way of doing things the day we are born.

It might be argued that we inherit traits from our parents in the womb, that as much as we do not
want to be like our parents we end up being like them, if not completely than partly, anyway.

Of course the other perspective is that we are born with a certain karma carried over into this life and
we are not a blank slate when we enter the womb. Although I think a lot of people treat babies as though
they are a blank slate.

I guess I am talking about programming, are we preprogrammed before we enter the womb, programmed
in the womb, or enter this world as a blank slate? There are possibly other scenarios as well.. Yes, I
understand that some of this is speculation and some of it may be based on science, DNA, etc.

What do you think?
these are good questions. But I always wondered where my phobia of tornados come from. I never experienced one and live in a area where there very rare. My wife has a phobia of sharp curves in the road while driving. She has no reason to fear it she also wonders where that fear comes from.
Old 17-12-2019, 05:35 PM
Master

Ask your subconscious what is the cause of your phobias!
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 17-12-2019, 05:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Ask your subconscious what is the cause of your phobias!
How???
Old 17-12-2019, 06:39 PM
Master

You can either have a session a psychotherapist that uses hypnosis, or you can do it yourself. There are many methods: ask it while in a light-medium trance, age regression, pendulum, finger signals, automatic-writing, ... Some might work better for you than others. I favor direct q&a and regression.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 17-12-2019, 06:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
How???
Dreams also which are very symbolic and represent communication with self.
Old 17-12-2019, 07:18 PM
Master
Fears are often deep rooted and what we may think the fear is all about is really just a surface symbol of what the fear is all about. Tornados for instance, being caught up in a storm or a spinning whirling force, or just feeling helpless, which is what a person would feel if caught in a tornado.

A tornado may just be representative of scary feelings that are deep rooted. It is really not about the tornado rather it is about what you feel when you think of tornados. The same can be said for sharp curves. The fear of a sharp curve may be a fear of falling off the edge. These phobias might come from childhood fears of falling, or in the case of a tornado, the fear of losing control or being gobbled up.

This is all just speculation on my part. To get to the root of phobias there needs to be a full workup of the person’s background, etc. Also bear in mind that we can inherit emotional states from our parents, and uncovering things about our parents can often shine some light on our own issues.

It is important to face our fears, go into them, and then you can find out what they are all about. But I would suggest being with someone you trust, a friend, your spouse, a counselor, before deeply exploring your fears. Art therapy is effective; draw a picture of your fears, what do they look like, what colors are they, etc. You don’t have to put it in words, you can also put it in pictures that you can look at and study intuitively and get answers from within.

When I worked with children, as young as 2-years old, I would use art therapy, or projection techniques, because a child could not always put their feelings in words. I once had a case where I worked with young kids who witnessed their mom shoot their dad and then the mom killed herself. Talking about it was not going to work as well as having them draw a picture of their feelings.
Old 18-12-2019, 02:35 AM
janielee

Quote:
Fears are often deep rooted and what we may think the fear is all about is really just a surface symbol of what the fear is all about. Tornados for instance, being caught up in a storm or a spinning whirling force, or just feeling helpless, which is what a person would feel if caught in a tornado.

A tornado may just be representative of scary feelings that are deep rooted. It is really not about the tornado rather it is about what you feel when you think of tornados. The same can be said for sharp curves. The fear of a sharp curve may be a fear of falling off the edge. These phobias might come from childhood fears of falling, or in the case of a tornado, the fear of losing control or being gobbled up.

This is all just speculation on my part. To get to the root of phobias there needs to be a full workup of the person’s background, etc. Also bear in mind that we can inherit emotional states from our parents, and uncovering things about our parents can often shine some light on our own issues.

It is important to face our fears, go into them, and then you can find out what they are all about. But I would suggest being with someone you trust, a friend, your spouse, a counselor, before deeply exploring your fears. Art therapy is effective; draw a picture of your fears, what do they look like, what colors are they, etc. You don’t have to put it in words, you can also put it in pictures that you can look at and study intuitively and get answers from within.

When I worked with children, as young as 2-years old, I would use art therapy, or projection techniques, because a child could not always put their feelings in words. I once had a case where I worked with young kids who witnessed their mom shoot their dad and then the mom killed herself. Talking about it was not going to work as well as having them draw a picture of their feelings.

As usual, very insightful.

Do you think it takes a long time to heal, Starman? I find it hard to get past my very good intellect. Smiles.

Thank you.

Namaste

Jl
Old 18-12-2019, 07:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
As usual, very insightful.

Do you think it takes a long time to heal, Starman? I find it hard to get past my very good intellect. Smiles.

Thank you.

Namaste

Jl

You don't have to get pass your intellect, you just have to distance yourself from it. Constantly quieting your mind can help you do that.
Intellect is a good tool but you have to let it know who is the boss; if you don't control it, it will control you. We are not our thoughts,
and it does not help to let your thoughts run wild all day long. In my opinion we might want to stay quiet inside much more than we have
inner chatter. People heal at different rates; it is different for different people.