Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 15-12-2019, 12:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Some Religions don't always show the best part of Man.....
Which religions?

Can you provide some proof?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 09-02-2020, 10:50 PM
Seeker

God is everything therefore God inspired everything. God is even responsible for the ring of mildew around your bathtub. Of course he inspired all religions. But God doesn't want you to lick the mildew around your bathtub, does he?
Old 11-02-2020, 10:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickswordfish
Just because a religion doesnt require a belief in god doesnt mean it wasnt inspired by god

Rickswordfish,

This was overlooked. You have made the best point in relation to your original question. For example, I could be inspired(by God) to start my own religion but as soon as the word 'requirement' appears the validity of that religion is eroded. I started this religion by means of freely determining what is best and logical, etc. but then I turn around and take away the freedom of others to stipulate requirements ? I don't think so.....one can belong to or worship within the framework of different religions but, nevertheless, retain your own freedom to believe and discover what you will. There is no need to make some big point about what you believe that seems to be at odds with a particular religions beliefs......accept what you personally believe and allow others the same rights.
Old 12-02-2020, 06:26 AM
Deactivated Account

God did not inspire religions, man did.
Old 12-02-2020, 11:27 AM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton

Exactly, ,you took the words right out of my mouth.
Old 12-02-2020, 04:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton

Aknaton,

This seems to beg the question: Does God inspire anything ? If not....is God even a spirit ? Or are both God and spirit imaginary concepts ? Are so-called visions of God wrongly attributed to something external to ourselves instead of something that is only internal to ourselves ? There must be a rationale to your statement and I am curious if you could share it....:)
Old 12-02-2020, 04:49 PM
hazada guess

There is only one God,but many religions,mainly invented to control man.(That is what I believe anyway).
Old 14-02-2020, 06:29 AM
Master
All their teachers, yes.

Jesus, Buddha, Moses, Abraham, Muhammad, etc

He inspired them all.

But he didn't inspire religion. Religion is a man made concept created by lesser minded, usually Conservative patriarchal men to control other people for the last 2-4,000 years. It's a phase in our evolution as a species.

The Holy Spirit has inspired all religions. But the Spirit doesn't impose and doesn't tell those Teachers what to believe or disbelieve. Beliefs are personal. The Spirit simply inspires, and telepathically transfers the Truth to these teachers, and then in return they have brought a message to mankind. And no matter how perfect the vessel, there is always a level of bias or subjectivity to any of these Spiritual Masters.

For me, I personally believe Jesus was the Embodiment of God, but even with Jesus as a man he had his biases, subjective views, personal beliefs, etc.

No matter what we are shaped by our environment, parents, religious upbringings, and societies. Those play a factor in our lifetimes on Earth,
Old 14-02-2020, 11:55 AM
hazada guess

Some wise words on this Thread.
Old 14-02-2020, 02:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Rickswordfish,

This was overlooked. You have made the best point in relation to your original question. For example, I could be inspired(by God) to start my own religion but as soon as the word 'requirement' appears the validity of that religion is eroded. I started this religion by means of freely determining what is best and logical, etc. but then I turn around and take away the freedom of others to stipulate requirements ? I don't think so.....one can belong to or worship within the framework of different religions but, nevertheless, retain your own freedom to believe and discover what you will. There is no need to make some big point about what you believe that seems to be at odds with a particular religions beliefs......accept what you personally believe and allow others the same rights.
'Requirements' can be minimized.

For example, I belonged to one 'religion' that had almost no 'requirements'. About the only 'requirements' were, if somebody wanted to do the talk, meditation, etc. then they would have to appear first in line for that meeting in order to do that part. This applied to anybody and it should be noted that there was no membership. It was suspected 'order' was maintained by the 'Holy Spirit' keeping order.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.