Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 08-12-2019, 09:46 PM
I'll participate myself:
#3 I and the Father are one.”-John 10-30

#4 Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!” John 20:28

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-12-2019, 12:16 PM
Then, verses that state Jesus as a 'separate' person...if that is the right word, I dunno.
I have no agenda, per se - but, I often wonder why some think Jesus is God Himself and others do not.

#1-"My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work" -John4:34.

#2- -By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just,
for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me -John 5:30

#3-What about the one whom the Father set apart (sanctified) as his very own and sent into the world?
Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'? -John 10:36

#4-For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me
what to say and how to say it -John 12:49

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-12-2019, 12:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Then, verses that state Jesus as a 'separate' person...if that is the right word, I dunno.
I have no agenda, per se - but, I often wonder why some think Jesus is God Himself and others do not.

#1-"My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work" -John4:34.

#2- -By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just,
for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me -John 5:30

#3-What about the one whom the Father set apart (sanctified) as his very own and sent into the world?
Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'? -John 10:36

#4-For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me
what to say and how to say it -John 12:49

I think this is simply because He was also a human being, and more, He had no ego.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:58 PM
Master
Genesis 1:1 does not speak about the Son or the Father and this is the very first scripture in the Bible and starts with the first creation account.

"In the beginning, God (Elohim) created the Heaven(s) and the Earth."

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 09-12-2019, 11:08 PM
Topic of thread: What are all the verses saying the Father and Jesus are the same being?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Genesis 1:1
"In the beginning, God (Elohim) created the Heaven(s) and the Earth."
Ok...now could you explain
how this is related to,
"the verses saying the Father and Jesus are the same being"...Thank you.
And without the ( )'s additions?

Old 10-12-2019, 12:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Topic of thread: What are all the verses saying the Father and Jesus are the same being?

Ok...now could you explain
how this is related to,
"the verses saying the Father and Jesus are the same being"...Thank you.
And without the ( )'s additions?
Sure.

In the first creation account, neither the Father or Jesus is mentioned, but that point is a main theme in the Bible.

As for scriptures that specific claim the Father and Jesus are the same - they do not exist.

If you look at the Trinity Doctrine, it claims the Father is God, Jesus is God and the Holy Spirit is God. It does not claim the Father is Jesus which is what we are appearing to be do.

I for one am leaving this thread.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 10-12-2019, 05:13 AM
Master
Colossians 2:9. For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily.

John 8:58-59: "‘I tell you the truth,’ Jesus answered, ‘before Abraham was born, '
This is a powerful double claim from Jesus: first, that He pre-existed His human birth and was actually alive and present (as God) before Abraham; second, that His title was “I am” which was the same title used for Jehovah God in Exodus 3:14.
Old 10-12-2019, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Colossians 2:9. For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily.

John 8:58-59: "‘I tell you the truth,’ Jesus answered, ‘before Abraham was born, '
This is a powerful double claim from Jesus: first, that He pre-existed His human birth and was actually alive and present (as God) before Abraham; second, that His title was “I am” which was the same title used for Jehovah God in Exodus 3:14.
Yes, an imp statement! I agree. (You left out verse 59, btw, where they picked up stones and he hid.)
KJV says, 58: Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

I'm personally not seeing where it indicates 'His title was I am', as you interpret it, nor that he was God...I mean, in
that particular statement.
And does being before Abraham mean you're God?
It's not as clear as other things that Jesus has said - to me, anyway.

I have a question. Don't get mad at me.. ....is there anyplace in the Bible where it says Paul saw
Jesus in person ('bodily') other than when Jesus appeared to him on the road?

Old 10-12-2019, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Sure.
In the first creation account, neither the Father or Jesus is mentioned, but that point is a main theme in the Bible.
As for scriptures that specific claim the Father and Jesus are the same - they do not exist.
If you look at the Trinity Doctrine, it claims the Father is God, Jesus is God and the Holy Spirit is God.
It does not claim the Father is Jesus which is what we are appearing to be do.
I for one am leaving this thread.
But, it seems you have a lot to contribute.

Old 10-12-2019, 08:54 AM
Btw, in this verse above #3-What about the one whom the Father set apart (sanctified) as his very own and sent into the world?

*(sanctified) is what some other translations say, rather than 'set apart'.
Just to clarify.