Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 02-11-2019, 06:49 PM
Seeker

How would you define 'chemistry' between man and woman?

I'm just curious about what other people think. For some strange reason, I'm just learning the proper meaning of a lot of things now.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:51 PM
Master

The chemistry between two people may result in attraction or repulsion. I would struggle to actually define such "chemistry". But various factors occur to me.

1. Their auras may resonate harmoniously (or disharmoniously) with each other.

2. Astrologically they may be compatible or incompatible. This can be discovered using synastry - the comparison between the birth charts of two people in order to determine their likely compatibility and relationship.

3. Their connections and relationships in previous incarnations.

If we consider a human as spiritual, mental, emotional, physical and sexual, then two people may relate easily on some levels but not on other levels. So two people may have a strong spiritual and mental connection but struggle to share the same physical space. Or two people may have a comfortable emotional and sexual connection but they cannot connect on a mental or spiritual level. Perhaps the popular idea of soul-mates is two people who have a strong connection on all these levels.

Peace.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:29 PM
Lorelyen

I tend to get too humorous with this. It's one of these unexplained forces that amplify attraction between two people. I've (wrongly) put it down to pheromones (because I've encountered this phenomenon in others only to learn that when pheromones really did count then the "chemistry" disappeared).
Anyway, people have come to call it chemistry rather than magnetism.

I'd say it was copper nitrate.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:04 PM
Ascender
This mysterious force that bonds two people is called 'Chemistry' because it is difficult, like a chemistry class.

Even while I actually am experiencing 'chemistry' with a potential mate, I can not figure out why and how I have chemistry with that man and not the other men.
It just happens and I can not explain it logically in physical senses.

However, I think that fate/destiny has something to do with it.
Chemistry exists between two people so their destiny can be fulfilled.
It doesn't mean that the relationship will last their lifetime nor that the relationship will be a happy/healthy union.
But they are meant to be together for whatever pre-determined time period and for whatever purpose.
Old 03-11-2019, 04:46 AM
Deactivated Account
1. They are of equal and compatible vibration

2. As Ziusudra says, there is a shared destiny at play, for whatever length of time and in whatever capacity, range and scope has been pre-determined. In my view this is pre-determined by the higher selves who have already been in contact before the two individuals ever see each other or meet in the physical realm, hence their being drawn towards one another and the mutual feelings of 'chemistry' and 'magnetism'. Yes it is the magnetism of two souls coming together.

3. They expand each other's consciousness and it is a mutually worthwhile endeavor to interact with one another in the selected capacity.

This may all be nothing more than the capacity of a passing attraction, in such an instance it is still two souls recognizing each other and understanding the potentials of doing so

Another way to look at it is like a river of souls flowing from Source consciousness which separates into many smaller rivers, branches and streams. Two streams flowing near one another are part of the same river at point of origin.

https://youtu.be/1q-k1Ev8fVc
Old 03-11-2019, 11:31 AM
Seeker

Wow, great answers. Thank you.

copper nitrate
Old 04-11-2019, 04:23 PM
Master
I tend to get humorous too...

Most men will feel some chemistry for most women they find physically attractive, even if the soul resonance is poor or nil. Many endure really poor relationships (or even marriages) based on physical attraction. This is still considered part of "chemistry", though it is not deep or enduring. Thus...chemistry based primarily on physical attraction is essentially useless for men, by itself, in guiding them toward a "good" relationship which is authentically loving at core.

That is, if men feel chemistry for 50% of all women in a given age range, then if primarily going by physical chemistry, they are nearly guaranteed (odds are) to pick someone who doesn't really love them or care deeply for them and/or who is extremely incompatible in other ways.

Likewise, if women feel "chemistry" for men based on how well they can provide (for kids), or fit a checklist, &/or how slick their game is and how much attention is paid to the women...it's a disaster as they are easily manipulated into a poor choice and an incompatible partner. It's arguably worse for women, because without authentic love and real connection, the sex itself is not exciting (certainly not long-term) and can be downright loathesome.

The response from Ciona rings true...that is real and enduring soul alchemy and you can have that with your close soul family members.

BUT this is clearly not what's happening when men look at 50% of women in their age range and think hey, there's chemistry, a.k.a., I'd do her if she was willing. Soul resonance or even just a basic mutual authentic love for one another...these are not the reality at the core of most partner relationships today...and there's certainly way too much casual screwing going on for this to all be just one's close soul family

It's become another trite cliché to say everyone you shagged or agreed to shag or fancy shagging was or is your close soul family. Maybe a few but not hordes.
TBH most of your soul family would not be in those situations with you at all...they'd be in other relationships where you could actually receive genuine (authentic) love from them, where they actively seek & support your highest good equally to their own. They'd be beloved family, beloved friends, beloved teachers, mentors and guides...and so forth.

Very, very few of your close soul fam would be in a "partner" situation IMO...and they'd take it damn seriously, IMO, often refraining from engaging sexually if they could not rise to a partnership with you with all their heart and soul. Meantime, those soul family that insist on treating you like a disposable stranger (who do not have your best interests at heart and seek only to use you) are best avoided & left to go on their own way, to figure out how to be right with others on their own time, somewhere they can't harm you. Eventually, they'll figure it out, LOL Either in this lifetime or the next.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 04-11-2019, 07:04 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
The response from Ciona rings true...that is real and enduring soul alchemy and you can have that with your close soul family members.

BUT this is clearly not what's happening when men look at 50% of women in their age range and think hey, there's chemistry, a.k.a., I'd do her if she was willing. Soul resonance or even just a basic mutual authentic love for one another...these are not the reality at the core of most partner relationships today...and there's certainly way too much casual screwing going on for this to all be just one's close soul family

It's become another trite cliché to say everyone you shagged or agreed to shag or fancy shagging was or is your close soul family. Maybe a few but not hordes.

Hi 7L. It is unclear to me if you thought I was suggesting this...I would like the opportunity to clarify that I was not.

It is rather interesting to discuss chemistry and I obviously took it in the soul connection direction...largely because of the unconscious factors involved, as they are part of the so-called 'mysterious feelings' the conscious personality often experiences. So that was my take, which you seem to have acknowledged by saying yes, you can have that with your close soul family members.

I don't think of 'everyone' as close soul family, something I would like to clarify a bit further down.

Quote:
TBH most of your soul family would not be in those situations with you at all...they'd be in other relationships where you could actually receive genuine (authentic) love from them, where they actively seek & support your highest good equally to their own. They'd be beloved family, beloved friends, beloved teachers, mentors and guides...and so forth.

I agree with this. I like your use of the word 'most.'

Quote:
Very, very few of your close soul fam would be in a "partner" situation IMO...and they'd take it damn seriously, IMO, often refraining from engaging sexually if they could not rise to a partnership with you with all their heart and soul. Meantime, those soul family that insist on treating you like a disposable stranger (who do not have your best interests at heart and seek only to use you) are best avoided & left to go on their own way, to figure out how to be right with others on their own time, somewhere they can't harm you. Eventually, they'll figure it out, LOL Either in this lifetime or the next.

I totally agree with this too, and I don't let my soul family members f with me. If they don't treat me right, then they can have fun figuring it all out.

To clarify my take as regards 'hordes'

I feel it's important to make the distinction that I am speaking from a place of one-ness whenever I am speaking about soul connections and soul family. In other words, as someone who has spent her entire life in one-ness and 4D, I view the entire of humanity as one big soul family. This has been my personal experience.

So then to clarify further, I think of my personal soul family (or anyone else's, as relates to them) as immediate soul family, as opposed to and within this larger context I am speaking from. And no, it's not hordes. However, my personal take on the subject is dictated to by this greater sense of universal connection, so that perspective is reflected in my posts. I probably should have clarified this a long time ago.

I don't think feeling a passing attraction and recognizing the spiritual potentials on a soul level in the context of universal connectedness qualifies as immediate soul family. In the instance of course, as people can and do evolve and grow; should they choose to do so, that is, and one never knows who is around the next corner.

This is my perspective regardless of whether the rest of humanity agrees or doesn't agree with my principles, and it is also regardless of who has hurt me or who hasn't. Or whether it is someone who embraces the idea of one-ness with me as I do, or not; it also includes men and women whose actions I do not respect; and the world's most despicable despots. It is simply my personal take on one-ness and spiritual maturity and the expansion of Source consciousness, coming from my spiritual experience of love and not merely my emotional experience of love, as I have experienced it.

Once again I am not sure if your statements were referencing anything I wrote, but hopefully this clears up any ambiguity if so.

<3

https://youtu.be/1q-k1Ev8fVc

Last edited by Ciona : 04-11-2019 at 10:17 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:55 AM
Master
Quote:
02-11-2019, 08:51 PM
iamthat
Master

The chemistry between two people may result in attraction or repulsion. I would struggle to actually define such "chemistry". But various factors occur to me.

1. Their auras may resonate harmoniously (or disharmoniously) with each other.

2. Astrologically they may be compatible or incompatible. This can be discovered using synastry - the comparison between the birth charts of two people in order to determine their likely compatibility and relationship.

3. Their connections and relationships in previous incarnations.

If we consider a human as spiritual, mental, emotional, physical and sexual, then two people may relate easily on some levels but not on other levels. So two people may have a strong spiritual and mental connection but struggle to share the same physical space. Or two people may have a comfortable emotional and sexual connection but they cannot connect on a mental or spiritual level. Perhaps the popular idea of soul-mates is two people who have a strong connection on all these levels.

Peace.

Quote:
02-11-2019, 11:04 PM
Ziusudra
Ascender

This mysterious force that bonds two people is called 'Chemistry' because it is difficult, like a chemistry class.

Even while I actually am experiencing 'chemistry' with a potential mate, I can not figure out why and how I have chemistry with that man and not the other men.
It just happens and I can not explain it logically in physical senses.

However, I think that fate/destiny has something to do with it.
Chemistry exists between two people so their destiny can be fulfilled.
It doesn't mean that the relationship will last their lifetime nor that the relationship will be a happy/healthy union.
But they are meant to be together for whatever pre-determined time period and for whatever purpose.

I agree with both posts about the explanation of Chemistry.
Old 23-11-2019, 11:42 PM
Newbie ;)

I believe that what we are trying to articulate in defining of "chemistry", in its most pure and raw form, is an intangible understanding with another that simply transcends words.

True chemistry is just being.