Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 21-08-2019, 09:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Well, not quite.

The moon moves away from the planet Earth about 1cm each year. In one million years it will have thus moved outwards from the Earth 1000 kilometres.
This rate is always accelerating and the moment will come when the moon will free itself from the Earth's gravity and our planet will take up a different orbit around the sun.

That won't be funny.

Hi Busby,

Agree, what may lead to our ultimate demise is not funny.

But, at present do you feel the moon to be threatening?

thank you for the information. It has me further realize just how precious life is, at present.
Old 21-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Well let's see... Entire galaxies get destroyed and one day our own solar system will get it's turn. So I'd have to say unfriendly.

Hi SkayerOfLight,

True, what seems observed by scientists tend to show that in some ways the physical universe can be quite violent.

What fascinates me is that out of the destruction new planets/stars and other forms are created out of the dust and debris.

This is just sharing some further thoughts on this.
Old 21-08-2019, 10:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
Mglow, the question is moot. Friendly is a human aspect, not an aspect of Universe.

Only humans have purpose. Some chose to be more or less friendly in general and moderate that aspect in consideration of circumstances/situations.

Universe is neutral and does not care or hate etc. Those are human aspects.

Universe contains humans, and some humans have ability concieve of a finite occupied space Universe. Some lable that as God. That is fine with me, however, it leaves out the macro-infinite non-occupied space ergo I label both as "U" niverse and "G" od.

Hi r6r6r,

I can agree that how one may or may not evaluate the universe is a human aspect.

What the question posed in the OP brought to my mind isn't so much the universe evaluating us, but how one may evaluate the universe.

In this sense if seen as finite and everything will end, then how does this seem reflected in our interactions? Which seems just part of physical existance. Things change.

But,have also met those that worry about things ending and/or changing and have difficulty dealing with it.

Yes, I also see the macro Universal space as seeming to be infinite. For it is mysterious a endless in what it may create. Just my view point.

The gist that grabs my attention is how one perceives it to be seems to influence how one may interact with it. (Whatever it may be). Atleast I find true with in myself.
Old 21-08-2019, 10:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Well, not quite.

The moon moves away from the planet Earth about 1cm each year. In one million years it will have thus moved outwards from the Earth 1000 kilometres.
This rate is always accelerating and the moment will come when the moon will free itself from the Earth's gravity and our planet will take up a different orbit around the sun.

That won't be funny.

Yea..... but... there are other objects up their besides the moon such as
469219 Kamoʻoalewa, 2019 LF6 and the famous Earth trojan called 2010 TK7.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 21-08-2019, 10:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
The universe is indifferent to the wiles of humans. It's too easy to get arrogant and imagine us as something special. We aren't. We grew out of (or into) an ecology that was very old. It supported human development biologically as we were a consequence. We're now in the process of messing up that ecology and pushing it out of reach of supporting humanity thanks to industrialisation.....climate change; global water impurity; our oxygen factories diminishing by the day - many things - and yet the population is ever increasing while the planet's resources are not.

Do you think "the universe" cares?

Hi Lorelyen,

I don't think in and of itself as a living organism (in its whole structure) the universe cares or does not care. It does what it has and will do.

Yet, how I view the world and universe seems to create a sense of caring. What industrialization has done and continues to do to our air, water, and Earth qualities, does create concern.

At the same time seeing more awareness of human impact, as well as natural Earth cycle. This seems to create a consciousness on some level of how humans interact with the Earth and how the Earth influences life here.

But, the question/concern is it too little too late? Can we change the tides or atleast reduce the impact?

Which seems to involve how one may view it all to begin with and what humans are able and willing to do, IMO.
Old 21-08-2019, 10:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
YES that is what I was trying to say.

As for the moon, I do not want to wake up in the morning on the moon.

Hi Big John,

I hear ya. Nor would I like waking up on the moon. Not designed for it.
Grateful for the life given here.
Old 21-08-2019, 11:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
I would say...the universe always appeared neutral to me in the abstract, but -- seemingly paradoxically -- also warm and open to potential engagement with individual consciousness, in the specific. I would say this is still largely true, IMO, of how I see it.

The more I learn of the physical universe, such as dark energy and all the fascinating things like our quantum reality, black holes, and so forth, the more I am aware of a fundamental or foundational imprint of consciousness external to this physical realm. And of the unfolding of consciousness within this realm and beyond.

So...neutral interbeing...that describes the physical realm and by extension, all that is beyond this realm, as well.

Peace & blessings
7L

Hi 7L,

I am also fascinated with what is being discovered about the Universe and the on going exploration of consciousness and what it may contain.

As I become aware of my internal universe, I become more aware and conscious of the connection with the external/nature. How delicate the interaction and dance is.

Also have and continue to become more aware of how much my attitude can influence my relationship with self, others, and that which seems beyond the concepts, what is experienced.

It humbles me at time. May seem impersonal in the sense nature/Spirit will do what it will do, but becomes oh so personal in how I interact with it and it with me. What it brings to the consciousness and what potentials can arise.
Old 21-08-2019, 11:37 PM
Master
Apparently the Universe runs on the high octane bliss of Consciousness.
I can't help thinking of this Big Guy who is just a kid who's been playing 8 hours of video games and is completely zoned out. I guess the ones who get zapped don't think it's friendly.
Old 22-08-2019, 12:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
The universe is indifferent to the wiles of humans. It's too easy to get arrogant and imagine us as something special. We aren't. We grew out of (or into) an ecology that was very old. It supported human development biologically as we were a consequence. We're now in the process of messing up that ecology and pushing it out of reach of supporting humanity thanks to industrialisation.....climate change; global water impurity; our oxygen factories diminishing by the day - many things - and yet the population is ever increasing while the planet's resources are not.

Do you think "the universe" cares? .
Mankind evolved as to what we are as a result of the asteroid that destroyed the dinosaurs 65-65 million years ago.

Being we still have polar caps, we are still in the last age.

I sat down one day and figured out if everybody planted about 7% more green stuff, the
planet would have less problems...... so far I do not see that happening.

and then there are the groups praying for Mother Earth to evolve........

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 22-08-2019, 05:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan

Walking through a forest you discover a sleeping bear ...

And pray it doesn't wake up.