Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 03-08-2019, 10:30 PM
Master
Bison Medicine?

I had strong guidance over the last several days urging me to attune to bison energy. And today followed a strong urge to paint so I've begun painting this image (a work-in-progress below). Is there anything in the North American Indigenous Spirituality about "bison medicine"? This is just purely coming from within.

url to post
Old 03-08-2019, 10:42 PM
Administrator
Native americans will have their own ideas of what spirit Animal represents some say the Bison stands North on the medicine wheel. and it represents Strength being grounded and abundance,
but another friend who is native says something different.

Namaste
Old 03-08-2019, 10:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Native americans will have their own ideas of what spirit Animal represents some say the Bison stands North on the medicine wheel. and it represents Strength being grounded and abundance,
but another friend who is native says something different.

Namaste

Thank you Native Spirit - I didn't know that about North! Medicine Wheel knowledge is so vast!
Old 04-08-2019, 01:35 PM
Master
Uma,

Your painting is a beautiful representation of Buffalo! Have you tried googling buffalo, or bison? You never know what you will find. Many native friends are sharing the most wonderful aspects of their culture on Facebook.
Old 04-08-2019, 02:25 PM
ImthatIm

Buffalo medicine is huge and vast.

We could go back to the time of Creation.

But I will just say that the Sacred pipe was brought by
the White Buffalo Calf Maiden to the people on the plains.
This Sacred pipe is still kept today and the 7 Sacred ceremonies are
still performed.
So Buffalo medicine is huge,vast and varied.

If the Buffalo is speaking to you? Listen and see where it leads,
the Buffalo has many things to teach.

P.S.
I felt pulled to add that the slaughter of the Sacred Buffalo
is one of the most despicable acts of genocide the earth has ever seen.
Old 04-08-2019, 04:48 PM
Administrator
I have to agree

Namaste
Old 04-08-2019, 05:22 PM
Master
2nd stage painting

Thank you Anala. Here's the latest version below (it's a work-in-progress). I did google but I don't trust the New Age sources. I'm interested in bona fide First Nations beliefs. I understand there are many kinds - but the wisdom that comes from living from generation to generation with these marvellous creatures is the one I trust most. That's why I'm asking here.

I agree ImthatIm. I have such a strong urge to visit some bison in a sanctuary here (a day trip) but I'd like to wait for the cooler weather when they will be more lively. I want to take photos and connect with them. They are such beautiful creatures and all the way from the ice age. I can just imagine their ancestral memories would be so deep and powerful - back to a time when the elements were clean and pure, and life more innocent (if harsh).

I started to apply oil paint to my acrylic blocking:
Old 04-08-2019, 06:18 PM
ImthatIm

Uma
Here is a 10 min. vid. with the keeper
of the Sacred Buffalo Calf Pipe.
He explains some of the White Buffalo story.
Don't know if it goes along with your urging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHqVdZmpRgI
Old 04-08-2019, 08:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Uma
Here is a 10 min. vid. with the keeper
of the Sacred Buffalo Calf Pipe.
He explains some of the White Buffalo story.
Don't know if it goes along with your urging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHqVdZmpRgI

Chief Arvol was very soothing to listen to - thanks for sharing ImthatIm. I remember when the first white calf was born it was all over the news. The things he said all came true didn't they? :( It is interesting that the Divine chose the buffalo, who I think symbolizes survival and endurance - they have lasted where the wooly mammoth and saber toothed tiger could not, and also survived the genocide of the settlers. These are certainly qualities we need to get through the great earth changes and social changes too...and to be kinder and more caring of one another (we are all one herd).

I think I'm going to have to visit the bison myself and look them in the eye and listen to them directly to figure this one out as to what it means to me personally. Or maybe the painting process will tell me.
Old 05-08-2019, 03:40 PM
Master
He is nearly done

Here is my almost finished portrait of Bison. At this point Spirit is telling me to step away from the image not only to let the paint dry but to feel him inside me and try to figure out why this imposing image is working its medicine on me at this time. I hope you like it.