Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 24-05-2019, 12:25 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
....These thoughts Are what comes at present and seem not fully complete.
Meaning, something has shifted in my outlook ...
No boundaries except those made by the individual.

The individual in essence being reflections of creation. Creation being the act, manifestation, flow.
One in the on going continuance of life here and wherever else it my flow.

Felt to express these thoughts here, to possibly open up some discussion and exchanges. They are my reflections at present.
Placing some pieces together, yet feel there is more to come.
Welcome any insights and thoughts you all may have.
LOL, nice things are coming to you !!! Isn't it wonderful!

janielee....you better get with the program! Adyashanti is America's best asset.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-05-2019, 10:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
LOL, nice things are coming to you !!! Isn't it wonderful!

janielee....you better get with the program! Adyashanti is America's best asset.

Hi Miss Hepburn,

It is on going as life will be, lol.

Thank you for the encouragement.

It fills me with awe and wonder
Old 24-05-2019, 10:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Indeed, but someone can only spark something that is already inside you, in my opinion

I am not familiar with Adyashanti.

JL

Adyashanti is an American and Zen/spiritual teacher.

He is more direct, but lays it out in way that is easy to understand for me.
If intrigued may be interested in checking out his videos on YouTube.
I read the book by him; The End of Your World.

True, can plant the seeds, but if the conditions are not ready then growth may not happen. (To put a little poetic spin on it)
Old 25-05-2019, 03:02 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow

True, can plant the seeds, but if the conditions are not ready then growth may not happen. (To put a little poetic spin on it)

That's what spiritual practice such as meditation is for.

Old 25-05-2019, 01:26 PM
Master
Quote:
That's what spiritual practice such as meditation is for.

Yes, meditation and paying attention, for me.

Some may call it mindfulness.. At times for me it just comes. To be open and letting go of what is not necessary, as I am able at present.

To not only be gentle in my action with others, but with myself.

It is not a race, lol, and the divine accepts just the way I, you, or anyone, anything is being.

I envision life like a garden .Some of it takes work and effort, some is allowing nature to do what it will, then with care and attentionit will grow and blossom.

Thank you
Old 25-05-2019, 09:32 PM
janielee

Buddha taught that the practice has to develop naturally, according to conditions. Having reached this level, you allow things to develop according to your accumulated wholesome kamma [8] and parami [9]. This doesn't mean you stop putting effort into the practice, but that you continue with the understanding that whether you progress swiftly or slowly, it's not something you can force. It's like planting a tree, it knows by itself the appropriate pace to grow at.

If you crave to get quick results, see that as delusion. Even if you want to it to grow slowly, see that as delusion also. As with planting the tree, only when you do the practice will you get the result.

If you plant a chilli bush for instance, your duty is simply to dig the hole, plant the seedling, give it water and fertiliser and protect it from insects. This is your job, your part of it. Then it's a matter of trust. For the chilli plant, how it grows is it's own affair – it's not your business. You can't go pulling at it to make it grow faster. Nature doesn't work like that. Your job is just to water it and give it fertiliser.

From Ajahn Chah teaching
https://www.budsas.org/ebud/ajchah_lib/01_key.htm
Old 25-05-2019, 09:33 PM
janielee

Thank you Moonglow
Old 25-05-2019, 10:20 PM
Master
I just watched some of Adyshanti's Letting Go of Fear video on YouTube, I like him. I found him relaxing and calming.

What's your profile pic OP? Nice colours.
Old 26-05-2019, 01:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Buddha taught that the practice has to develop naturally, according to conditions. Having reached this level, you allow things to develop according to your accumulated wholesome kamma [8] and parami [9]. This doesn't mean you stop putting effort into the practice, but that you continue with the understanding that whether you progress swiftly or slowly, it's not something you can force. It's like planting a tree, it knows by itself the appropriate pace to grow at.

If you crave to get quick results, see that as delusion. Even if you want to it to grow slowly, see that as delusion also. As with planting the tree, only when you do the practice will you get the result.

If you plant a chilli bush for instance, your duty is simply to dig the hole, plant the seedling, give it water and fertiliser and protect it from insects. This is your job, your part of it. Then it's a matter of trust. For the chilli plant, how it grows is it's own affair – it's not your business. You can't go pulling at it to make it grow faster. Nature doesn't work like that. Your job is just to water it and give it fertiliser.

From Ajahn Chah teaching
https://www.budsas.org/ebud/ajchah_lib/01_key.htm

Thank you janielee, for the link.

Started reading and will continue when I have time.

The writing is clear and gives me a better understanding of the practice of Buddhism. I find a lot in it that seems to speak to me. So, encouraged to continue reading.

Yes, everything in due time. To have patience and trust that nature and Spirit/Divine know very well what it is doing. As it is with in these, it is also with us for we a part and of its manifestation and unfolding. Is what comes to my mind at present.

Trust and patience seem to be my life lessons here. A Work in progress and has become softer through the years.
Old 26-05-2019, 01:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I just watched some of Adyshanti's Letting Go of Fear video on YouTube, I like him. I found him relaxing and calming.

What's your profile pic OP? Nice colours.

Hi JosephineBloggs,

Yes, Adyashanti does have a calming energy. He is down to Earth for me.

My profile picture is a picture of a Nebula, a star nursery. As I remember it is one of the images Hubble telescope sent back. I brighten it up a little and like the shadow and light elements in it.

We are children of the stars.

Thank you