Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 01-08-2018, 08:22 AM
Newbie ;)

Toll of Labor

So is labor something we have to live with for the rest of our lives?
more specifically, having a job
I always hear people saying "do what you love to do"
but not everyone has the privlege or opportunity to do that
I have really strong emotions when I come to think about my life and the time Im going to be putting into working 8-10 hours a day, 2000+ hours a year...I have feelings as though I will never amount to anything. feelings about where my time is going and how Im spending it
especially on a spiritual journey how could one experience life working for the self feeding machine we been creating for the past 100 years almost(the system)
is there anything that can help me feel better about this?
thank you
Old 01-08-2018, 08:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabrianne
I have really strong emotions when I come to think about my life and the time Im going to be putting into working 8-10 hours a day, 2000+ hours a year...I have feelings as though I will never amount to anything. feelings about where my time is going and how Im spending it
especially on a spiritual journey how could one experience life working for the self feeding machine we been creating for the past 100 years almost(the system)

thank you

Yes you could change the way you look at things.....
Then the things you look at change.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:36 AM
Experiencer

Quote:

I think it's the consequences people fear if they leave the workforce and do something that pays much less, or very little, or even nothing at all. Trust is needed to take that step into the unknown. Most people are however safety oriented and therefore cling to a job and reliable income even if it depresses them. Also, you'll get less approval from friends and family if you do something your heart tells you to do and as a consequence you're financially poor. Many will look down on you. It takes courage to do what you love.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:27 AM
Newbie ;)

thank you for your input

I guess this is a hard one considering most of us must work
and do not want to look at it this way

I just want an optimistic point of view on this besides "your making money"
Old 03-08-2018, 12:10 PM
Suspended
Well, you know what I found confusing in the past, people say "do what you love" and I was like, I don't like doing anything in regards to work, I liked hanging around in forests or by the ocean or exploring and traveling, so I eventually got a job working with park rangers in national parks, its good. I have another job though as Well at the moment. I would like to eventually buy some land out in the middle of nowhere because land can be cheap here if it's out in the Bush somewhere somewhat far away from most things, then! buy containers like the ones on container ship's, or I will get school class rooms or something, there's eco houses too anyway, then put these on the land and turn them into houses and grow food too, and see what else I come up with from there.. create an eco village prehaps, I may change my mind though. I also feel like I want to work on a boat, like a cruise ship one day, I still have some courses I want to do as Well.

When it comes to work just do whatever you can to make money then on the side of that you have goals an dreams you work towards using that money. Other wise you are just working to work, so if you have a job you actually want to do you save up money from the job your doing now and use it to get training and skills for the other job you want to do.

I still have the world to travel been overseas once, I travel around this country though its a lovely country by the way, the land and the animals and nature. And I have a book I will finish writing, music to be made, I use to make music, I have some written up just need to get stuff again to record it, and I am into spiritual things of course so besides my own stuff regarding that I may also sometimes attend events or get together and meet people, some of these people have shops and services, they have turned what they like into a job, though some of them also do other things too. So networking is good, you like something then get involved in that community, talk to people and it leads to other things happening. Also One thing iv noticed a few successful people say, successful with money anyway is "opportunity is everywhere".

Another thing that cAn be helpful is don't build some life that will trap you, don't try compete or get something you can't afford just to show off, my pop use to laugh at people with fancy expensive cars and tell them his car does the same thing as there's he also never planted a plant in his yard that wouldn't give him something to eat.

And another thing that I think is important is try not stress a lot, every one is rushing around very fast, you might feel left behind or like you haven't done what so an so has done but sometimes it's nice to just be calm an remember every one is rushing to the same place.. there death.

But of course do what brings you joy follow your joy work towards making things happen! What excites you? What makes your soul feel alive that's how you know what your true will is, the will of your soul.

Last edited by Nature Grows : 03-08-2018 at 01:39 PM. Reason: ed it ed
Old 04-08-2018, 02:29 AM
Master

Think what life you'd like to live.

Think what you need in order to live the life you'd like to live.

Think what you have to do to get what you need in order to live the life you'd like to live.

If you can't or won't do what you have to do to get what you need in order to live the life you'd like to live, you'll have to compromise.

Loop through the above until you can and will do what you have to do to get what you need in order to live the life you'd like to live.

Start doing what you have to do to get what you need in order to live the life you'd like to live!

If any of the above assumptions change, stop, then do the loop above until you reach another resolution, then implement it!

Don't whine! Don't blame others!

It's only up to you. Be an adult!
Old 04-08-2018, 02:41 AM
Master

god's curse on men: we have to work.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:08 AM
Master
Quote:
thank you

Two Bible verses come to mind, (paraphrased) “Seek ye the Kingdom of Heaven first and all else will be given,” and “the Kingdom of Heaven is within you.”

I never planned for retirement, never saved, had no investments, etc., but was able to retire comfortably before I turned 60-years old. Your curiosity may ask how I did it, and I would reply, by following the two Bible verses which I have quoted above.

You don’t need to know the details, because trying to copy what someone else has done in regards to this will most probably not work for you. It is not my journey that you need to follow rather it is your own journey, which began the day you were born as mine did the day I was born. It is how you think and act over time that will determine the outcome.

Constantly bathe in the presence of pure spirit; that quiet presence that you feel in meditation, with no expectations, and in time things will effortlessly come together for you without any toil on your part. Yes, you will get your rent paid, be able to buy food, etc. I am taken care of by something much greater than my own thoughts, greater than my own mind. An I feel blessed in that regard. But in my opinion, we all have the potential of this same blessing.

Don’t do it for money, do it for love, do it to grow into your own over-self. There is a saying from the Hebrew Kabbalah, “I draw all things needful, both spiritual and material, from the limitless source of life.” We were not put on this Earth to toil at some job; we were put on this earth to make manifest the Kingdom of Heaven that is within us.

Jobs and money are man’s creation; they are monuments to the human ego. Status symbols that for the most part keep people trapped in class warfare. Most people do not get any satisfaction from their job, and they work just to put food on the table and pay rent, etc. An the world of consumerism further keeps us on the treadmill. There is another life, totally removed from thoughts, removed from worry and concern, a life where you trust the life inside of you to take care of you.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:40 AM
Guide
It might not be about the job, it might be about the people you work with.