Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 12-05-2018, 07:43 AM
Newbie ;)

Question Question about Key 0's Wallet contents

Greetings,
I'm new to the forums and figured I'd sign up to help me further gain understanding about tarot card meanings while I'm teaching myself.

The book I'm using as a guide is...
Title: A Complete Guide To The Tarot
Author: Eden Gray
ISBN: 978-0-553-27752-4

As I'm learning about Key 0 (The Fool.) I see that it says...

Quote:
The wand over the youth's shoulder is a symbol of the will, and tied to it is a wallet that is thought to carry universal memory and instinct. (Another possible interpretation is that the wallet carries the four magic symbols that he will have to learn to use.)

My question is,
What are these four magic symbols?

I attempted a google search what these 4 magic symbols may be and came up with inconclusive results. the only thing that catches my eye for it potentially being the answer is the 4 elements,

My reasoning for assuming this may be what the wallet of the Fool hold's is because Key 0 represents Inexperience, or life before 'living'. and I figured that the 4 elements separate don't account for creation until the elements combine.

Can anyone confirm or dispel my assumption?
and if I am incorrect in the wallet contents being the 4 elements,
can you explain to me what the wallet contents '4 magic symbols' are?

Thanks in advance,
- A.I.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:12 AM
55Degrees

They are indeed Earth Air, Fire and Water.
Everybody's take on tarot is different, but I view The Fool as holding the pure essence of each element (as they are yet, untapped).
The Fool himself is spirit in its purest form (as 'spirit' is usually what the Major Arcana represents), untainted by experience. Therefore The Fool is pure potential, if you think of it as the moment of conception, every possibility of what is conceived is there.
Hope that helps and enjoy your tarot journey.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:44 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
They are indeed Earth Air, Fire and Water.
Everybody's take on tarot is different, but I view The Fool as holding the pure essence of each element (as they are yet, untapped).
The Fool himself is spirit in its purest form (as 'spirit' is usually what the Major Arcana represents), untainted by experience. Therefore The Fool is pure potential, if you think of it as the moment of conception, every possibility of what is conceived is there.
Hope that helps and enjoy your tarot journey.

Thanks for the response.

and Ok, good! just wanted to ensure I was on the right path.
and I agree with your take in Key 0 being the untapped/untainted essence.

question,
the 'use' of these elements relates to both literal(Magic) and metaphorical(use of the elements in mind/thought/action)? or is this speaking literally of using the elements?

while asking this question, I get the feeling that it is dependent upon the individual as to How they learn to use them (when it says "...the four magic symbols that he will have to learn to use."), would I be correct in that assumption?
Old 12-05-2018, 10:08 AM
55Degrees

It can be both literal and metaphorical depending on the context the cards are being used.
Generally you'll find it is more metaphorical as this is the approach most people come to the cards with. This does not detract from the literal meaning tho'.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:23 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
It can be both literal and metaphorical depending on the context the cards are being used.
Generally you'll find it is more metaphorical as this is the approach most people come to the cards with. This does not detract from the literal meaning tho'.

I can understand that.