Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 14-05-2018, 12:04 AM
Super Moderator
I was raised in the north of England where we had bitter winters, and we knew all about "comfort food".
We had some "reet good" puddings! Some of them were very nutritious. Plum or apple pudding for instance....with custard.
My Dad used to say "a good pudding should really stick to your ribs"
(no one was fat by the way.) I guess it was just so freezing cold that we needed the calories. But what a treat!
Old 14-05-2018, 11:18 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I was raised in the north of England where we had bitter winters, and we knew all about "comfort food".
We had some "reet good" puddings! Some of them were very nutritious. Plum or apple pudding for instance....with custard.

I have never heard of plum or apple pudding. That sounds amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
My Dad used to say "a good pudding should really stick to your ribs"
(no one was fat by the way.) I guess it was just so freezing cold that we needed the calories. But what a treat!

I can definitely understand the 'comfort food' context being where you were.
I just get the sense that more often then not, our society (at least in the US) places such a value on eating and comfort above any real meaningful connection.

Fried chicken, Mac and Cheese, Bacon double cheeseburgers are what pass as a good times for so many people. Stores bombard us with excessively high calorie, super tonnage packaging of excess. I want to buy a couple of items at the store without being blasted as soon as I walk inside, by this weeks 2 for 1 cookie explosion.
Old 16-05-2018, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator
Yes well back in those days it was simple home cooking. Stores didn't bombard you with junk food offers as soon as you walked in, and there were no stores like that. People cooked up what they had seen their mothers cook up, and their grandparents. And the recipes were fairly simple and passed down. But it was that "special something" in the cooking that made one cake or pudding better than another. Sometimes it was as simple as cold fingers mixing the pastry, or ice water to mix it.
And the plums or apples would usually have been bottled (canned) from the previous August/September when they were gathered, to preserve for winter cooking or just to eat on their own!
Old 03-07-2018, 10:55 PM
Master
i still do on off eat comfett foodss only prob is its get me more obeses it duz wen im strest i seam 2 comfet feed my slf thn i get wong for bean obses by medics i do

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 04-07-2018, 02:23 PM
Experiencer
I have a rock on my chest when I go to store and buy soda and comfort food. And I saw this little girl . When she sees me asks for food. And it makes me question should I go again at the store to buy incidentally food.
Old 26-07-2018, 03:46 AM
Experiencer

I agree with you. Food is just fuel for the body.
Old 03-08-2018, 03:03 AM
Knower

Yep, comfort food is healthy. Think about it. Ingenuity is an ambiguous word for the fast food industry after transforming the "food" landscape with culturally caprice burgers (whats in these "burgers", really consider the possibility unnamed ingreds go into this stuff), fried food and other abhorrently appetizing dishes designed for consumption in order to promote spiritual bondage by blocking the body's chakra system. And why is the food industry constantly augmenting their food items? Double Bacon...No...Make it quadruple. Ranch? NO! Chipoltle Bacon Ranch with Onion Straws and White Chedder for an additional 79 cents. I say BOOO to the fast food's glowingly obtuse vision for what food should be.

Well, you know... its not really food, que?
Old 03-08-2018, 08:26 AM
Master
One of the things i really look forward to when i'm taking a break from training, is indulging in brownies. Dark chocolate brownies especially.

Mmmmm delicious.
Old 07-08-2018, 04:37 AM
Experiencer

So keep doing this for the rest of your life!
Old 07-08-2018, 03:21 PM
Master

I'd call it processed foods rather than comfort foods. And yes, we wonder why we have so many diseases. Just look at what is on your plate.