Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 06-03-2018, 11:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnAPath
It's like and experienced chess player against a rookie. You see the moves, but you play the game anyway. Sometimes they will surprise you! Even in the corporate world, it's the same games. The maneuvering, posturing, playing nice with others. The only difference between us and them, is that we know it's a game.
hahaha! Perfect! If you're confused in this world you might not be an old soul.
Old 06-03-2018, 03:43 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchain
Hi all,

I am trying to collect ideas on how an old soul can survive in this world. If you have ideas on how to manage in the corporate world, that would be even better. But would be nice to also know if an old soul can thrive in this world.

Thanks.

Wanchain

If we are all from source, or universe, then there is no beginning or end.

Old Soul imo is just a made-up term, to re-enforce our fragile egos.

I understand what you are saying, but I often ask myself the first two questions.

Kinda frustrating trying to remember what, who, and where we came from sometimes. There points where we find a fleeting bit of peace, only to be tossed back into the mix of uncertainty later on.

I think Old Souls vs Young Souls seems only to be where one individual is more aware of senses beyond their current 5. Trying with all their heart to help themselves, and others break free of the madness, and chaos of this matrix.

I'm hoping that we'll soon be able to do this on a mass scale, because our current MO is just plain silly. Like a dog chasing it's tail.

Peace Centered.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:01 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerOfKnowledge
Very well said. It doesn't make your life easier. Until you remember, that the game is not about "winning", but about playing it. Playing your chosen role.

Well, I didn't try to say it well, it is just something that happens to me over and over, so now it just rolls off my tongue like that, but my struggle is not with winning, but with the frustration of being controlled and forced to do be a certain way which for me is just nuisance. I am okay with them wanting to do things their way, but I would not like to be forced to believe in their vision and standard. I find that frustratingly suffocating.

I don't think my role is to be frustrated??
Old 06-03-2018, 05:06 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEN34
If you're having to use your inner strength to push yourself to do a job then that speaks volumes, IMO. Yes, majority of us have to work, but that doesn't mean we have to be miserable and use precious energy in forcing ourselves to do something we don't enjoy. A lot preach ''I have to pay the bills, you know'' - sure, of course, but does that mean you have to do something that is soul destroying? Not at all. Most are locked in a belief system of doing something - anything - to earn.

It happens a lot when you're evolving; it's very common indeed. You fall out of alignment with what you once liked -or rather - you're aware you probably settled for a role doing something you actually don't really get enjoyment out of. Happened to me. The more I was growing, the more it became very obvious that it was time for a change in direction.

When you actually took action to change, did you actually have another direction in mind to pursue? I don't have anywhere to go or anything to do. I think I kind of like it like that, at least for the short term.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:08 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchain
Hmm ... interesting analogy.

Do you have experience of the rookies trying to teach you how to play the game, because you play it differently than them, and in their eyes, they think you're the rookie, so they try to teach you or more precisely, they try to force you to follow them?

Haha, funny you should say that. Both of my kids are old souls as well, one I suspect to be extremely so. He has taught me much! I still look at him and think "you're just a kid!"
Old 06-03-2018, 05:15 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerOfKnowledge
Thrive? By not striving for what society defines as "success", but living according to your own, personal morals instead. By being yourself, no matter what others are thinking. By remembering that you are your own authority, that you are the one who is responsible for your personal well-being, you and no one else. By remembering that it is not your job or Boss or current situation that is making you unhappy, but how you are handling your current situation. By remembering that you always have a choice. By remembering that it sometimes is the "small" things that matter. And so on...

Hmm ... I think you brought out a good point, about the meaning of thriving. Oftentimes I have to circle back to my question to find the answer. I think thriving means not to have to go against the flow, but be in alignment, so that there is a sense of natural ease. I think what I am sensing is that while I try to be in my own flow, I find that the people and things around me are shoving and pushing me to be what I am not, hence the question on how do I survive in this world. Surely it would not feel right to be pushed and shoved.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:17 PM
Master
No normal human being knows how old a soul is, that is the divines perogative only.
Work hard, be nice, be kind and by the law of attraction this will return to you.
Remember that you have no idea how old a soul is, or how `spiritual` others are, a lot of people don`t brandish it around, they just get on with it. So treat everyone with respect and generally, you get respect back. And always remember...you`re there for a reason, sometimes to learn sometimes to grow. But never assume yourself to be higher than others, its an easy thing to do, but it just prepares us for a fall.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:21 PM
Master

Hi wanchain,

The problems of old souls are distinctly more subtle than those of young souls.

That means ‘surviving’ and ‘thriving’ take on new meaning and significance given that renewed context.

Accordingly, frustration comes from the constant interface with one's own and others' ignorance or the stasis and complacency (a self-imposed stasis), which for aspirants often means continuing to utilize obsolete (therefore regressive) vs. progressive means. But it gets better with alignment to Spirit/the spiritual.

In this era, the chief issue or problem for old souls (who by nature are consciously aspiring spiritually) do not involve the means and methods of escape from an ignorant, divisive, and desire-filled world with its consequent suffering; nor a post-mortem ‘reward’ - but rather, its transformation here and now in the physical into increasing divinisation.

This means old souls are engaged in the relatively new task of transformation of ignorance within self - and significantly by extension - for the direct purpose of positively altering the nascent and growing human institutions that are the collective representations of individual selves which are creatively emerging in our globalizing world. And that includes business, etc..

In that sense, ‘thriving’ is about the joy of enthusiastic self-discovery - as mutually inspiring example - as a means for world transformation - in unity.
And a steadfast dedication to genuinely spiritual purpose in whatever context.
Note: Often it is the young souls who easily get discouraged if they don’t constantly get the bright lights, excitement, and ‘special messages’ grossly symptomatic of awakening. They get cynical, discouraged and dismissive about ‘spirituality’ - throwing cold water on, or condescendingly dismissing those who have sincere concern for these matters...seeing it as a fantasy, or mental fog of incessant ambiguity and confusion, mainly from self-doubt, because they aren‘t yet sufficiently grounded in the necessary faith, devotion, and dedication (without the constant ‘candy’ of reward and superficial self-gratification) and become cynically complacent, falsely confident, and critical, posing as wise old curmudgeons, dispensing drops of subtly disguised discouragement as ‘folksy wisdom’. Converesly, their own guides might even indicate to them, “don’t worry, this is your last incarnation” - like the family going to visit Grandma 500 kilometers away, telling the whining (“how much longer?”) child after 10km: “We’re almost there!!”
Consecrate your life to some dedicated spiritual practice that works for you and stick with it.
Any discouragement is inherently false.
It is the grounding in the spiritual that has an effect on the worldly in and through one's own life - not the other way around.

~J
Old 06-03-2018, 05:27 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centered
If we are all from source, or universe, then there is no beginning or end.

Old Soul imo is just a made-up term, to re-enforce our fragile egos.

I understand what you are saying, but I often ask myself the first two questions.

Kinda frustrating trying to remember what, who, and where we came from sometimes. There points where we find a fleeting bit of peace, only to be tossed back into the mix of uncertainty later on.

I think Old Souls vs Young Souls seems only to be where one individual is more aware of senses beyond their current 5. Trying with all their heart to help themselves, and others break free of the madness, and chaos of this matrix.

I'm hoping that we'll soon be able to do this on a mass scale, because our current MO is just plain silly. Like a dog chasing it's tail.

Peace Centered.

I think there are some members who ask about the definition of "old soul" or whether I am an "old soul" in this thread. I didn't focus on that, because it's not what I am chasing.

I know what people mean when they say if you're this or that, then you are an old soul, but if you're not this and not that, then you're not. I don't feel the need to label or define a label. I am only using this label in this thread for convenience sake, as I am trying to attract new ideas to help me re-arrange or re-organize myself. Maybe I shouldn't, I am not sure. But I want to experiment it and see what comes out of it.

As for people who have a certain fixated definition of a soul age, I am fine with that. If they don't, I am also fine with that. Personally, I don't have a very clear idea of it, and I don't care to chase for a clear definition.

Now, with respect to what I am chasing, I want to try a different way of philosophizing. I tend to think a lot (in my head and to myself). Now, I think maybe I can try a group discussion and see if it will lead me to somewhere else instead. I think I am seeing something ...
Old 06-03-2018, 05:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Note: Often it is the young souls who easily get discouraged if they don’t constantly get the bright lights, excitement, and ‘special messages’ grossly symptomatic of awakening. They get cynical, discouraged and dismissive about ‘spirituality’ - throwing cold water on, or condescendingly dismissing those who have sincere concern for these matters...seeing it as a fantasy, self-doubt, or mental fog of incessant ambiguity and confusion, mainly because they aren‘t yet grounded in the necessary faith, devotion, and dedication (without the constant ‘candy’ of reward and superficial self-gratification) and become cynically complacent, falsely confident, and critical, posing as wise old curmudgeons, dispensing drops of subtly disguised discouragement as ‘folksy wisdom’. Converesly, their own guides might even indicate to them, “don’t worry, this is your last incarnation” - like the family going to visit Grandma 500 kilometers away, telling the whining (“how much longer?”) child after 10km : “We’re almost there!”

This made me smile. A helpful piece of understanding.

I recall a while back a friend talking about old souls, young souls and for the first time I wondered if this was possible. I never thought about people in this way. I guess in understanding soul nature as a whole, it had to be welcomed in me as something not separated by age firstly as part of understanding deeper the nature of what is...I noticed that through those eyes it became much easier to see people as they are.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder