Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-03-2018, 06:40 PM
Marie Marie is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,008
 
The funny thing is new age haven't been able to change the world so far.
I think it is the belief you can reach God state but forget the failures.
Thinking about those people who have reached the point of kundalini, doesn't new age say they are within perfection? The high consciousness? The bliss? That's described in new age like the ultimate. But.. Those people are not in the ultimate. Far from it. Are they. If you don't go mad, you eventually get off it again. Or, you are deeper into the new age. But are you a Buddha? No.
I've never believed we can just sit down and everything will automatically change.
Like, where good people are silent, evil prevail.
That's just disgusting, that some would just be killed off.
That makes me think of the alien coming, the alien are good out there still but there are bad too or fake invasion thing. What's your thoughts?
Yes new age fault Christians, but sitting down themselves.
Isn't that the core of the new age, they mix it up with Christianity.
I know I've reacted a lot to the use of the bible verses, but the denial of same. Or, like you say, recognise the inner teacher, but not the actual person.
But, that blows their whole foundation, doesn't it. When they take half only.
No offence but I think evangelical might be very, very bad.. If you know what I mean.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-03-2018, 07:57 PM
Melahin Melahin is offline
Master
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,363
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie
Thinking about those people who have reached the point of kundalini, doesn't new age say they are within perfection? The high consciousness? The bliss? That's described in new age like the ultimate. But.. Those people are not in the ultimate. Far from it. Are they. If you don't go mad, you eventually get off it again. Or, you are deeper into the new age. But are you a Buddha? No.

Kundalini has nothing to do with New Age, it is an ancient tantric concept. If you get it you understand its validity. If you don't, maybe you are not really doing yoga in the first place. Neither has it anything to do with becoming Buddha (unless that is your branch of tantra)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie
I've never believed we can just sit down and everything will automatically change.

So you are not just sitting down, you are actually changing the frequency the same way you shift channels on your radio or whatever. Even Quantum agrees that is possible. So our science is on board. Think I have said it before that it would be nice if our conversations was as intelligent as nature, and adapted to the reality we live in
__________________
I am the flower, the tree, the vine. I am the path
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-03-2018, 08:12 PM
Marie Marie is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,008
 
It's not enough to do just that if that's the only thing we do, as that's how things got so bad at this place in the first place. Without actions we're lost. Then nothing will change and we are going into the silent slavery. That's what the elite are counting with. A part of why the so called new age was created. You can't just sit and meditate the world to a better place.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-03-2018, 12:10 AM
Morpheus Morpheus is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Matrix
Posts: 5,454
  Morpheus's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie
The funny thing is new age haven't been able to change the world so far.
I think it is the belief you can reach God state but forget the failures.
Thinking about those people who have reached the point of kundalini, doesn't new age say they are within perfection? The high consciousness? The bliss? That's described in new age like the ultimate. But.. Those people are not in the ultimate. Far from it. Are they. If you don't go mad, you eventually get off it again. Or, you are deeper into the new age. But are you a Buddha? No.
I've never believed we can just sit down and everything will automatically change.
Like, where good people are silent, evil prevail.
That's just disgusting, that some would just be killed off.
That makes me think of the alien coming, the alien are good out there still but there are bad too or fake invasion thing. What's your thoughts?
Yes new age fault Christians, but sitting down themselves.
Isn't that the core of the new age, they mix it up with Christianity.
I know I've reacted a lot to the use of the bible verses, but the denial of same. Or, like you say, recognise the inner teacher, but not the actual person.
But, that blows their whole foundation, doesn't it. When they take half only.
No offence but I think evangelical might be very, very bad.. If you know what I mean.

Marie has a point.

America's founding fathers.

Christian founded medical institutions and facilities.

Soup kitchens, food pantries, and other charities and services.

Meanwhile, Ask and you will recieve...
Seek and you will find. Knock, and the door will open...
For all those who seek, find. And to those who knock, the door is opened.
Jesus
__________________
"I believe there are two sides to the phenomena known as death. This side where we live, and the other side, where we shall continue to live.
Eternity does not start with death.
We are in eternity now." - Norman Vincent Peale

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-03-2018, 12:09 AM
davidmartin davidmartin is offline
Knower
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 138
 
i like to imagine a time thousands of years ago,
some nameless people, who may not actually have had names, were sitting by a stream and watching the water flowing
God came to those people through the symbol of the water, a flowing source of life they discovered within themselves (not through mental processes since minds were not so advanced)
they perceived that this being was a person, with a mind and thoughts
this essentially is what Jesus was getting at, at least in an idyllic, paradise fantasy, and ignoring his sacrifice and teaching, i mean just how it sort of is
this was before religions and gods and the fall from that place

One big difference between Christian ideas and that typified by the new age is in Christianity God descends to us, and/or is found within us
The new age seems to promote ascent driven by mental exercises, to reach up to somewhere with the mind
Christianity really is about a descending deity who can be known
A lot of junk in Christianity is about trying to ascend up, and how to do it
I personally just find the idea of a descent more appealing and aesthetically pleasing and beautiful.
'The Spirit descended like a dove on him'
There's always going to be the two different approaches but Christians can't be getting into this ascent stuff too much, it's just not what Jesus was teaching
The most you can do is say a person can become a perfect resting place for the Spirit through an inner path but it's on a soul and heart level in terms of transformation and rebirth, not intellectually driven through the mind or any kind of Christ consciousness that comes from study or secret teachings or attempt to reach higher levels of consciousness which would only be side effects not the way to get there, within the soul is dwelling that Spirit that made it's home there that was the root cause of everything
That really is the difference, but it doesn't sell books or make anyone any money
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-03-2018, 05:41 AM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,490
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
i like to imagine a time thousands of years ago,
some nameless people, who may not actually have had names, were sitting by a stream and watching the water flowing
God came to those people through the symbol of the water, a flowing source of life they discovered within themselves (not through mental processes since minds were not so advanced)
they perceived that this being was a person, with a mind and thoughts
this essentially is what Jesus was getting at, at least in an idyllic, paradise fantasy, and ignoring his sacrifice and teaching, i mean just how it sort of is
this was before religions and gods and the fall from that place

One big difference between Christian ideas and that typified by the new age is in Christianity God descends to us, and/or is found within us
The new age seems to promote ascent driven by mental exercises, to reach up to somewhere with the mind
Christianity really is about a descending deity who can be known
A lot of junk in Christianity is about trying to ascend up, and how to do it
I personally just find the idea of a descent more appealing and aesthetically pleasing and beautiful.
'The Spirit descended like a dove on him'
There's always going to be the two different approaches but Christians can't be getting into this ascent stuff too much, it's just not what Jesus was teaching
The most you can do is say a person can become a perfect resting place for the Spirit through an inner path but it's on a soul and heart level in terms of transformation and rebirth, not intellectually driven through the mind or any kind of Christ consciousness that comes from study or secret teachings or attempt to reach higher levels of consciousness which would only be side effects not the way to get there, within the soul is dwelling that Spirit that made it's home there that was the root cause of everything
That really is the difference, but it doesn't sell books or make anyone any money





' I like to imagine a time thousands of years ago,
some nameless people, who may not actually have had names, were sitting by a stream and watching the water flowing
God came to those people through the symbol of the water, a flowing source of life they discovered within themselves (not through mental processes since minds were not so advanced) '

Beautiful
Since minds were not so advance they ' felt ' God instead of ' thought ' God....
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-03-2018, 06:14 PM
kjw47 kjw47 is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 982
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie
It's not enough to do just that if that's the only thing we do, as that's how things got so bad at this place in the first place. Without actions we're lost. Then nothing will change and we are going into the silent slavery. That's what the elite are counting with. A part of why the so called new age was created. You can't just sit and meditate the world to a better place.


The righteous put there hope into Gods kingdom being the only remaining hope for the world. Unfortunately 99% do not do that--these will put there hope into the image of the beast.Why? Because it will look and sound good to the mortal heart.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-03-2018, 07:21 PM
emeraldheart emeraldheart is offline
Master
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,072
 
How does eternal death work?
As in nature and in the universe we see that everything breaks down to be recycled.

I want to a recycling plant a few times where before anything is made into something new it sterilized, the parts are seperated and it is broken down into its original form.

Non of that matter can really die because each of its smallest parts always have and always will exist in some way.

Sand becomes glass... glass can be crushed back to sand but each particle of sand remains.

If the earth was to blow up - lol (sorry that made me laugh for some reason, I was picturing Mike Myres as Dr Evil trying to blow the earth up) all the matter which makes the earth would be spread out into the universe... and potentially, eventually all the matter will make other formations.

My point is that I don't understand how hell can be NOTHING. Because everything which exists has always existed.

Unless hell is what was around before the universes big bang event? The empty space- the canvas of
Black space??!
Is Nothing just empty space... and if so how does one make something nothing?!! I see no examples in nature... And for us to go to nothingness there would then be something in nothing.
It seems like nothing is a place which awaits something.
A am genuinely curious I am.

My church also thought that Hell was a nowhere place...
As in eternal nothingness.

So there is a reason I am here. My roots are Christian and my entire spiritual awakening was influenced by the symbols contained in Christianity.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-03-2018, 10:17 PM
Nowayout Nowayout is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Canada
Posts: 991
  Nowayout's Avatar
We need to get away from eternal damnation and let the Holy Spirit descend upon us.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-03-2018, 10:47 PM
Nowayout Nowayout is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Canada
Posts: 991
  Nowayout's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin

One big difference between Christian ideas and that typified by the new age is in Christianity God descends to us, and/or is found within us
The new age seems to promote ascent driven by mental exercises, to reach up to somewhere with the mind
Christianity really is about a descending deity who can be known
A lot of junk in Christianity is about trying to ascend up, and how to do it
I personally just find the idea of a descent more appealing and aesthetically pleasing and beautiful.
'The Spirit descended like a dove on him'
There's always going to be the two different approaches but Christians can't be getting into this ascent stuff too much, it's just not what Jesus was teaching
The most you can do is say a person can become a perfect resting place for the Spirit through an inner path but it's on a soul and heart level in terms of transformation and rebirth, not intellectually driven through the mind or any kind of Christ consciousness that comes from study or secret teachings or attempt to reach higher levels of consciousness which would only be side effects not the way to get there, within the soul is dwelling that Spirit that made it's home there that was the root cause of everything
That really is the difference, but it doesn't sell books or make anyone any money

Thanks davidmartin, that was true.

Thomas Merton, a very famous Christian monk from the last century would go to Buddhist monasteries and give talks and retreats on Christian mysticism vs Buddhist enlightenment and his take was that although Buddhist enlightenment can take a person to great heights and spiritual wisdom no doubt, Christianity on the other hand, when understood and practiced as it was meant to be practiced, takes you one step higher, God descends to you as the Holy Spirit did at Pentecost. There is only so far that we can go from within our own lights.

It's this mysticism that I love about Christianity.. it's a living Holy Spirit that comes to you.



We all strive for peace, he knew that was our common ground.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums