Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 05-03-2011, 09:13 AM
Master
THE POWER OF WORDS...MANNERS

HUGS TO ALL.. IF WE HAVE HAD THIS THREAD BEFORE " SORRY" ..WE DO HAVE A LOT ON HERE.

THE POWER OF WORDS .. WOW! A REPLY CAN BE MISREAD SO EASILY ON A THREAD .. SO WHATS WRONG WITH MANNERS .. ARE THEY GONE .. I SEE SO MANY POLITE LOVELY PEOPLE ON HERE AND I DO NOTICE ON OCCASSION WHAT US " AUSSIES" WOULD CALL CATTINESS .. CLAWS OUT ! WHY?
ITS NOT WHOSE RIGHT OR WRONG...

WHO IS REALLY GRACIOUS ? WHO IS REALLY HUMBLE? WHO THINKS THEY ARE MORE IMPORTANT? AND WHO THINKS SIMPLE MANNERS ARE BENEATH THEM????..OR SIMPLY NOT NEEDED?

HEY I LIKE MANNERS ..
HANDS UP WHO LIKES THEM ?????????????????

AM I OLD FASHION... LOL

SHARE THE LOVE.. ITS NOT WHAT GOES IN THE MOUTH THAT COUNTS IN WHAT COMES OUT! THATS THE REALITY OF THE POWER OF WORDS .

ARE YOU A WING BUILDER .. OR DO YOU CHOP THEM OFF

Last edited by Smiler : 05-03-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Uhmar

It is not just on forums it is everywhere. Here is an article I wrote a few years ago about my witnessing this lack of manners as I age.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
MANNERS

Is it just me or has anyone else that is over forty years of age noticed that the next two generations of children being raised seem to be lacking in the manner department?

It is and has always been one of my biggest pet peeves when people,not just children don't say please and thank you and excuse me. My paren'ts would have spanked my rear end and set me on fire. Have mannners simply flown away into the wind? Have we baby boomers raised a generation of children who don't even know what manners are, must less that they do exist. So they in turn are not teaching them to the generation coming in after them.

Could this explain some of the anger that floats in the air. Because thank you and your welcome seem to come from ones heart. And any heart energy sent forth into the atmospehere would seem to me to be positive in nature. And a lack of this would most definately have to be fueling negative energy into our beautiful world.

Years ago when my youngest son was six or seven years old, that's almost 20 years ago.We had went for a day on a lovely secluded beach cove when all of a sudden a fortyish male came up the beach with my son by the sleeve. Aghast and a little frightened this caused me to be as my motherly mind instantly thought what has he done. As they drew near the man repeated these words. He said, "Who are the parents of this young man?". I stepped forward and said "I claim responibility and what has he done?" This big burly hunk of a man simply smiled at me as he said. "I just wanted to meet the person who was resposible for raising this child. He did something a few minutes ago that I thought I'd never live long enough to ever witness again." As nervous now as I can be I looked him square in the eye and asked " oh my! what did he do?" This big burly man said as loud as can be. "This young man stepped in front of me then looked into my eyes and said EXCUSE ME." Well I had to meet the person who was still teaching such things, were the rest of his words to me. He patted my son on the back and left me trembling to my knees. I to this day have never forgotten that scene nor the pride I felt of my son on that day.

Then a few years ago while out dining with a friend I had a another experience I can't seem to forget. His son and grandaughter joined us to eat. And this five year old girl was almost rude to the waitress as we ate. She never once said please or thank you just demanded her food and extra tea. My meal was being ruined because the old stoggie in me kept mentally thinking she needs to say please. So she finally got on more than this Highly Sensitives nerves could stand and next thing I knew it was bubbling out. I ask her father was he not teaching her manners. He quickly spoke up and said to me, " I don't use them so why should she?"

I quickly felt as though I had been put back in my place, and in many ways I should have been, yet I felt no disgrace. Nor did I absorb this negative energy as I felt no blame at all as far as I was concerned it fell directly into the lap of the grandfather of this child. He did not teach these manners to his child so his child is not teaching them to his. It goes definately flows straight to grandpas's lap.

That is two generations worth of manners lost to the wind. Maybe they are still floating around like the wind. Of course their are exceptions to everything and for all the great parents who are teaching manners to your kids I am ducking all the things you are throwing at me about now. And I applaud you heartily.

I think what I will do is maybe later this day. I will put MANNERS up for sale on EBAY. Isn't that where antiques and gently used no longer wanted item's go? The ad I will run something along these lines.

Today I offer up for sale some old antiquated, very fine, gently used words. The more you bid the more you will aquire. We will start the bidding with the word please, and as the bids go higher we'll add more to the pile. Like thank you and your welcome, excuse me, yes maam, no maam, yes sir,and no sir. And if the bidding gets high enough I also have to offer, some very special incentives to toss on the pile. I will throw in this ringer of....Say hell-o when you enter a room, and do not eat with your mouth full please......And oh yes......Let the lady have the seat. The main top it all of will just thave to be.....Do not interrupt when someone is speaking.

So place your bids fast and furiously,Because these manners should probably go pretty cheap. I would hate for these words to expire. So get your bids in be the first buyer.

P>S : Oh yes I will ship for free!

© uhmar
Old 05-03-2011, 05:01 PM
Master
Raises hand lol

I think people who are genuinly open minded and looking to understand will engage in debate respectfully, stick to the issue and objective facts sometimes things get heated and it gets personal. Then there are the others who have know it all, i'm more evolved than you superiority complexes, judgemental attitudes etc that aren't looking to engage in healthy debate/discussion. It's ironic i rarely encounter people like this in real life, but have seen a number of them this forum, a spirtual forum nonetheless.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:35 PM
MYFIGO

I love manners too... and I'm sure over the years I've slipped up more than a time or too.

One of the best lessons I ever learned was in the regard of using profanity. I had the good fortune to have a neighbor who did not use profanity. He never winced when I did though. It made such an impression on me.

My having grown up with 5 brothers and then being married to a police officer gave me plenty of years of having it deeply ingrained in my subconscious. It occurred to me though if his lack of profanity made such an impression on me, then it would on others too. I made it my goal to not use it. Changing this behavior was not easy, but I did it. And it does indeed make an impact on people. If you think profanity gets the attention of people, you should try NOT using it!

But the most important lesson for me was the fact that this man never made me feel criticized. His loving acceptance helped me to learn another lesson. Since then, I try to influence others with my kindness and love and the way I treat them rather than being critical and judging others when they are different than me.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:08 PM
iolite

OH, I want to print this thread out for my daughter to read!!! I've been teaching her manners since she was a young child. "What's the magic word?" "Don't forget to say thank-you".... When she reached the difficult age of tween, she felt manners were unnecessary. We continued to insist she keep using them with us. When she'd explode with frustration, I'd simply tell her again (for the umpteenth time) that well-mannered people were welcome everywhere and welcomed back. Manners opened doors and took you places.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Enya

Manners and politeness cost you nothing... but may bring you riches in the form of respect, good feelings and being able to hold your head up in company.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:56 AM
Master
I find it offensive when I give a monetary gift to a young person and there is no "thank you" afterwards. I gave a $100.00 to a young woman who graduated from college. I never received a "thank you" card or a telephone call. Then last spring I bought a $360.00 wedding gift and received no "thank you" card in the mail. Then last summer I gave my niece my car when I bought a new one. Her mother thanked me, but I received no "thank you" card from my niece. So I agree with Uhmar that people these days (young people perhaps) haven't been taught the proper manners. It's just been my experience. I would never let my son get by without sending a "thank you" card out for even a card sent to him. He's grown now and it's imbedded in him. I hope he raises his children with the same mannerism.

Blackraven
Old 06-03-2011, 05:47 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiler
THE POWER OF WORDS .. WOW! A REPLY CAN BE MISREAD SO EASILY ON A THREAD .. SO WHATS WRONG WITH MANNERS .. ARE THEY GONE
Talking of manners, there is something called Netiquette which considers the use, and especially the overuse, of CAPITALS as shouting.
It is uncool to shout. It also makes it more difficult to read.
Maybe you don't know that. OTOH we may have a case of the the pot calling the kettle black?
Old 06-03-2011, 06:03 AM
nightowl

Thank you Smiler for starting this thread. Manners yes! I will always vote for building wings.

nightowl
Old 06-03-2011, 08:38 AM
Master
Great thread .

Manners seem to be out of fashion almost. I was raised to say please and thank you (and mean it). I still do it. If I receive a gift or something special I always write a thank you card and send it. I do notice that with modern technology there seems to be more "thank you's" by text or email. Which I guess is fine, but not quite the same.

Meeting a lot of new people every day I am always courteous - always treat them with respect. It helps to make difficult situation's go more smoothly, shows compassion and care.

Its sad that it is somethign that has changed over the years - progress?

Like your article Uhmar *thumbs up*