Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 21-02-2018, 05:44 AM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8,494
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitiananda
I think this is your personal view of spiritual practice, since you yourself have not gone deep into it.
And the fact that I write it is my view, because I talked with enlightened masters for a long time and I practiced it severely.
With all due respect, how can the views of Swami Svatmarama, Patanjali, Adi Shankaracharya and Lord Dakshinamurthy be my own 'personal views'? this also negates through experience and consequence, but if I were to get my personal ego involved to such an extent to justify/qualify that I have 'not gone deeply into it' all I can say to that one is 'test me!" or 'bring it on' as I am itching to have a serious philosophical discourse as to the very nature of the Hindu Vedas vs common practice with direct relevance to the whole parampara of sruti ON here.

Om Namah Shivaya
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 21-02-2018, 02:12 PM
peteyzen peteyzen is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: leicester
Posts: 1,432
  peteyzen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitiananda
I think this is your personal view of spiritual practice, since you yourself have not gone deep into it.
And the fact that I write it is my view, because I talked with enlightened masters for a long time and I practiced it severely.

How does one person know how far another has delved into spirituality, how does one person know what someone has done in previous lives and consequently the position of their spiritual growth. It is naive to make a statement like this and please don`t say `I could tell because they believe differently to me`.
You know what you know, through your teachers and their beliefs and some spiritual experiences. That does not mean that other peoples teachers, beliefs and experiences are less genuine than yours. Spiritual arrogance is simply an expression of ego and the ego is clever, it shape shifts into your beliefs, tells you, that you are right and others wrong- be very careful of this, it stems your growth no matter who your teacher is. I should know, I got the biggest ego on here LOL
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 21-02-2018, 02:19 PM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8,494
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
How does one person know how far another has delved into spirituality, how does one person know what someone has done in previous lives and consequently the position of their spiritual growth. It is naive to make a statement like this and please don`t say `I could tell because they believe differently to me`.
You know what you know, through your teachers and their beliefs and some spiritual experiences. That does not mean that other peoples teachers, beliefs and experiences are less genuine than yours. Spiritual arrogance is simply an expression of ego and the ego is clever, it shape shifts into your beliefs, tells you, that you are right and others wrong- be very careful of this, it stems your growth no matter who your teacher is. I should know, I got the biggest ego on here LOL
True that (except for your ego bit). This is why I say, so many times that everybody's experience of the 'truth' is subjective, just like no two snowflakes are alike, but they think every snowflake is a snowflake, so whether they are 'alike or not' shouldn't matter.

I'll never say that I am right and another is wrong, because that is dvaita...'right' and 'wrong' is still duality. However and that being said, I've pretty much had my fill of 'spiritual arrogance' for one day (enough to last me for a while, methinks).
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 21-02-2018, 02:36 PM
Nitiananda Nitiananda is offline
Knower
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 161
 
[quote=peteyzen Spiritual arrogance is simply an expression of ego and the ego is clever, it shape shifts into your beliefs, tells you, that you are right and others wrong- be very careful of this, it stems your growth no matter who your teacher is. I should know, I got the biggest ego on here LOL[/QUOTE]

You simply do not understand who you are talking to.
I advise you to read my experience of practice. I can clearly see your energy and karma and the fact that you have strong problems with the lower back and above all the nadis are hammered in practice and you are not doing any technics at
In addition to reading incomprehensible books from the store, it seems that your practice ends here.
On this I advise you to stop writing to me about your pollution and doubt. all. Your knowledge is tied to the sorry level of the swadistana .
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 21-02-2018, 02:50 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 5,327
 
Putting practises into real life is the only valuable experience you need, how you treat others shows the level of practice you have attained.......
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 21-02-2018, 02:50 PM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8,494
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitiananda
You simply do not understand who you are talking to.
I advise you to read my experience of practice. I can clearly see your energy and karma and the fact that you have strong problems with the lower back and above all the nadis are hammered in practice and you are not doing any technics at
In addition to reading incomprehensible books from the store, it seems that your practice ends here.
On this I advise you to stop writing to me about your pollution and doubt. all. Your knowledge is tied to the sorry level of the swadistana .
Namaste.

I was ready to give you the benefit of the doubt...to actually listen to what you had to say, until you called me 'lazy'in a PM for not doing what it was you suggested that I do.

You are like a doctor with an atrocious 'bedside manner' and IF I am 'lazy', so what? There are other ways to get your point/advice across and 'being pleasant' doesn't go astray.

I could go on about how cholesterol is associated with the arteries and NOT the nervous system, but I thought better of it.

If I am being FULLY honest with myself, I can say that:

1. I require a more concerted effort in my devotional practice.
2. I should take my ashwaghanda, shellaki and rhodiola more frequently and drink more apple cider vinegar.
3. I should be going out into nature more often and grounding myself.
4. I should be doing more seva, karma yoga and selfless service.
5. I should be going to see a Shaman for a 'soul retrieval' and maybe getting some reiki.

I KNOW what I should be doing, but I am not regular in doing it, but people need encouragement sometimes and I'm one of those people, if I get called 'lazy', it just keeps me stuck in perpetuating the same old patterns because the whole 'baseball bat approach' just makes me more stubborn - it's a 'conditioning thing' from childhood.

I also think you forget that I have Shiva in here.

My knowledge is stuck at 'heart level' but I'm happy with that...for now.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 21-02-2018, 02:55 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 5,327
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Namaste.

I was ready to give you the benefit of the doubt...to actually listen to what you had to say, until you called me 'lazy'in a PM for not doing what it was you suggested that I do.

You are like a doctor with an atrocious 'bedside manner' and IF I am 'lazy', so what? There are other ways to get your point/advice across and 'being pleasant' doesn't go astray.

I could go on about how cholesterol is associated with the arteries and NOT the nervous system, but I thought better of it.

If I am being FULLY honest with myself, I can say that:

1. I require a more concerted effort in my devotional practice.
2. I should take my ashwaghanda, shellaki and rhodiola more frequently and drink more apple cider vinegar.
3. I should be going out into nature more often and grounding myself.
4. I should be doing more seva, karma yoga and selfless service.
5. I should be going to see a Shaman for a 'soul retrieval' and maybe getting some reiki.

I KNOW what I should be doing, but I am not regular in doing it, but people need encouragement sometimes and I'm one of those people, if I get called 'lazy', it just keeps me stuck in perpetuating the same old patterns because the whole 'baseball bat approach' just makes me more stubborn - it's a 'conditioning thing' from childhood.

I also think you forget that I have Shiva in here.

My knowledge is stuck at 'heart level' but I'm happy with that...for now.



You SHOULD be doing what's right for you for now.....
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 21-02-2018, 03:36 PM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8,494
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
You SHOULD be doing what's right for you for now.....
Thanks sky and yeah, I'm pretty much over it now, but today has been a very nice 'learning curve' for me, so I must thank nitiananda for that.

I'm a Laya Yogi myself and it IS a case of 'physician heal thySELF' because I also realise and recognise the wellspring of knowledge and experience within which I should be relying on, more than from without.

I totally walled up at this one:
Quote:
You simply do not understand who you are talking to.
...and if I REALLY wanted to, I could give peteyzen a run for his money as to who has the biggest ego on here by challenging nitiananda to an actual 'let's see who knows more about Tantra' debate...which I know I will win...hands down...no contest.

Or, I could always go into direct 'chaneling mode' and say "you simply don't understand who YOU are talking to"....and I know you guys all know what I am capable of...and nitiananda is only a 'newbie' to this in regards. I have to be very humble about it though, because if I don't hold it back, it is an amazing sight to behold...and yeah, it scares me sometimes...but maybe that's what I NEED to do, because that side of it is VERY dark...but also, very effective.

Om Batuk Bhairavaye Namah
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 21-02-2018, 03:44 PM
Nitiananda Nitiananda is offline
Knower
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 161
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Namaste.
I KNOW what I should be doing, but I am not regular in doing it, but people need encouragement sometimes and I'm one of those people, if I get called 'lazy', it just keeps me stuck in perpetuating the same old patterns because the whole 'baseball bat approach' just makes me more stubborn - it's a 'conditioning thing' from childhood.
.

And yes, I forgot that you are teasing and flattering your pride and cherish it more than anything. Sorry ..
Are you at this stage of practice that if you are not praised you can not practice?
Then everything is sad for you really. Because you rested against a wall called your pride and you can not go beyond it.
But spiritual right is to break your pride and form a higher spirituality.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 21-02-2018, 03:45 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 5,327
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Thanks sky and yeah, I'm pretty much over it now, but today has been a very nice 'learning curve' for me, so I must thank nitiananda for that.

I'm a Laya Yogi myself and it IS a case of 'physician heal thySELF' because I also realise and recognise the wellspring of knowledge and experience within which I should be relying on, more than from without.

I totally walled up at this one:
and if I REALLY wanted to, I could give peteyzen a run for his money as to who has the biggest ego on here by challenging nitiananda to an actual 'let's see who knows more about Tantra' debate...which I know I will win...hands down...no contest.

Or, I could always go into direct 'chaneling mode' and say "you simply don't understand who YOU are talking to"....and I know you guys all know what I am capable of...and nitiananda is only a 'newbie' to this in regards. I have to be very humble about it though, because if I don't hold it back, it is an amazing sight to behold...and yeah, it scares me sometimes...but maybe that's what I NEED to do, because that side of it is VERY dark...but also, very effective.

Om Batuk Bhairavaye Namah





" you simply don't understand who YOU are talking to"

Unbelievable what ego does to some.. I think we all understand who we are talking to
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums