Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-02-2018, 08:52 PM
lemex lemex is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,156
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcopyinc
It is because i believe in god that i know there is no absolute truth.
I know God/source does not have absolute truth. If god had absolute truth he would not have created us. He would not be experiencing himself through us.

If god had the absolute truth he would be perfect and if he was perfect he would be dead. and if god was dead i wouldn't be here now to offer my view.

If something is perfect it has no room for growth and is dead.
Do you think god is dead?

Thank you for that clarification.

Right now I don't see how that is possible as consciousness exists. There is something. It has always existed. There shouldn't be anything logically at all but there is. I do think things were put into motion and only aware replication and information exists. Life is pretty much automatic.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-02-2018, 10:58 PM
FallingLeaves FallingLeaves is offline
Master
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,451
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Thank you for that clarification.

Right now I don't see how that is possible as consciousness exists. There is something. It has always existed. There shouldn't be anything logically at all but there is. I do think things were put into motion and only aware replication and information exists. Life is pretty much automatic.

what do you think would happen if God decided he didn't like that?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-02-2018, 12:59 AM
lemex lemex is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,156
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
what do you think would happen if God decided he didn't like that?

Tuff one as I think we are as a being (soul) both here and elsewhere. If you're asking about here there is likely a reason for being here. So probably nothing, not liking something would be a little too petty since the reason is what it's about imo.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-02-2018, 07:13 PM
God-Like God-Like is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 4,894
  God-Like's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
Does absolute truth exist? Or is all truth relative? Please provide evidence or logic to support your view.

Note that if you answer that there is no absolute truth, you will be quickly and efficiently refuted. Just a heads up!


Absolute Truth in my eyes is only a pointer . What you are is all there is, is realized . Is that an absolute Truth or is that just a pointer in reflection of that there is only what you are that is .

Where does the reference or the association had that refers to the absolute Truth if not of the mind in reflection of self .

Is the mindful self of the realization of what you are .. I would say no, so we have a dilemma where something from one side of the fence points to the other side .

The other side of the fence has no pointers for the other side .

So the absolute truth only exists where you can identify with it .


x daz x
__________________
Everything under the sun is in tune,but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-02-2018, 03:34 PM
Golden Eagle Golden Eagle is offline
Guide
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 540
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
Does absolute truth exist? Or is all truth relative? Please provide evidence or logic to support your view.

Note that if you answer that there is no absolute truth, you will be quickly and efficiently refuted. Just a heads up!

Evidence - Logic CANNOT and NEVER WILL be able to support Absolute Truth ~

Absolute TRUTH is EXPERIENCED and thus Known ~
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-02-2018, 05:48 PM
slash112 slash112 is offline
Knower
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Sunny Scotland
Posts: 163
  slash112's Avatar
If you could somehow throw away all your thoughts, throw away all the filters that you look through in your mind, you'd be able to experience absolute truth.

At the end of the day though, you cannot escape the absolute truth. It just is.

What is, is.

Feel the is-ness. Taste the absolute truth. It's all around you. It's where you're looking from and it's what you're looking at. Make no effort at all and you'll get a good taste of it.

You can practice this non-effort with a certain intensity, and it just becomes you. It's magical, but it's so simple.
__________________
~ Azrael
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-02-2018, 10:23 PM
Seawolf Seawolf is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,346
 
Truth seems to be about context, but I do think there are universal truths. Like maybe love. All religions have something about it. As far as 'reality' goes, that's been turned upside down by quantum physics, but I think the great Hindu and Buddhist thinkers worked out a long time ago that the only thing we can really be sure about is our consciousness. Plus if you get in touch with the body in meditation you sense the feeling of peace and calmness. That's probably universal and tied in to the love thing.
__________________
"Just came back from the storm." -Jimi Hendrix
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-02-2018, 04:19 PM
Rawnrr Rawnrr is offline
Guide
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 596
  Rawnrr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Truth seems to be about context, but I do think there are universal truths. Like maybe love. All religions have something about it. As far as 'reality' goes, that's been turned upside down by quantum physics, but I think the great Hindu and Buddhist thinkers worked out a long time ago that the only thing we can really be sure about is our consciousness. Plus if you get in touch with the body in meditation you sense the feeling of peace and calmness. That's probably universal and tied in to the love thing.


Reality has not been turned upside down with quantum physics...quantum physics just deals with things outside the space/time manifestation...the regular space/time world is still as real as it has always been.
__________________
Expecting life to treat you well because you are a good person is like expecting an angry bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian. - Shari R Barr
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-02-2018, 05:17 PM
Seawolf Seawolf is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,346
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawnrr
Reality has not been turned upside down with quantum physics...quantum physics just deals with things outside the space/time manifestation...the regular space/time world is still as real as it has always been.
Outside?

https://www.livescience.com/20753-qu...logy-life.html


The religious devotion to classical physics is hard to let go of, but eventually people get old and die, then the new thinkers can start being taken seriously.
__________________
"Just came back from the storm." -Jimi Hendrix
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-02-2018, 07:54 PM
VinceField VinceField is offline
Master
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,049
  VinceField's Avatar
So many arbitrary responses on this thread, I'm just going to make one post to cover them all.

Here is the refutation:

You: "All truth is relative. There are no absolutes."

Me: "Are you absolutely sure about that?"

If you answer yes, then you've just refuted yourself. You do believe in absolutes. If you answer no, then you admit that you could be wrong, and you are wrong, because the idea that there are absolutely no absolutes is self-refuting philosophical suicide.

I too once believed there were no absolutes. I was too blinded by stubbornness and attachment to my belief to see how illogical the concept was. Now I share my insight with you. Take it or leave it.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums