Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 20-01-2018, 09:41 AM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,937
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoni7510
A soul is a spiritual being that God gave birth to and lives in the spirit world but from time to time comes to incarnate in a physical body and becomes and human being and upon death the human being disintergrates and the body remains on earth, the soul goes back to the spirit world together with the mind (the mind is also a spiritual being that is part of the human being).

Jesus have a soul. He had it while he was incarnating as a human being and he still has it now in the spirit world or heaven.


'A soul is a spiritual being that God gave birth to' ?????
God gave birth, I cannot understand this please explain...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 20-01-2018, 12:16 PM
Nowayout Nowayout is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,107
  Nowayout's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
'A soul is a spiritual being that God gave birth to' ?????
God gave birth, I cannot understand this please explain...


God creates, that is simple in my minds view.

God gives "birth" to creation in all its manifestations and knows every hair on your head.

Ponder on that and then look at the stars at night, science is seeing that there are just as many universes as there are galaxies, as there are planets in the sky. It's endless.....

And that's just the visible creation, then there are the spiritual dimensions, places human eyes have not seen, Jesus tells us.

Whats not to give thanks for... I was a created soul.

In the spiritual we are timeless, eternally free I'm guessing, we come here to learn perhaps?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 20-01-2018, 12:26 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,937
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
God creates, that is simple in my minds view.

God gives "birth" to creation in all its manifestations and knows every hair on your head.

Ponder on that and then look at the stars at night, science is seeing that there are just as many universes as there are galaxies, as there are planets in the sky. It's endless.....

And that's just the visible creation, then there is the spiritual dimensions, places human eyes have not see, Jesus tells us.

Whats not to give thanks for... I was a created soul.

In the spiritual we are timeless, eternaly free I'm guessing, we come here to learn perhaps?


Thanks, I think I understand what you mean now except the number of hairs on your head bit, seeing as we lose them everyday it would be very difficult to keep count

So you call ' Evolution ' God' is that what you mean?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 20-01-2018, 12:35 PM
Nowayout Nowayout is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,107
  Nowayout's Avatar
God can keep count but also knows what comes next. That should get things going..

Evolution?

Of the spiritual, the intellectual, or the biological?

Are they the same thing?

It's a good thing the material keeps us grounded as we have this time to figure it out with our intellects and watch its progressions.

What about spiritual evolution, does it transcend the physical, you know, the soul.

Perhaps our spiritual evolution is tied into the physical evolution which deepens our understanding of what God is.

It's truly very profound as I see it.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 20-01-2018, 12:59 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,937
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
God can keep count but also knows what comes next. That should get things going..

Evolution?

Of the spiritual, the intellectual, or the biological?

Are they the same thing?

It's a good thing the material keeps us grounded as we have this time to figure it out with our intellects and watch its progressions.

What about spiritual evolution, does it transcend the physical, you know, the soul.


Evolution..... The heavens and the earth.
I don't belive in a soul so I can't answer you on that.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 20-01-2018, 01:06 PM
Nowayout Nowayout is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,107
  Nowayout's Avatar
I can't change what you want to believe or disbelieve. That in itself makes us all free to believe in a path.

Let your heart be your guide....

The path is set, and we are all travelers... through time and light.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 20-01-2018, 01:55 PM
aimtobe aimtobe is offline
Knower
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 185
 
I've always understood the fair exchange between soul and spirit. They are as synonyms to me. But I might not be correct. One might be an umbrella term and the other under it. Or something different.
So, to me, based on that belief/understanding, I'm wondering why you are on a spiritual forum if you dont believe in a soul (sky123), because to me, they're the same thing.

About "God giving birth" I would like to add the idea of God as Female vs God as Male. God is really an It, without gender. But at the same time, reveals Himself as with both male and female characteristics. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a female form of Christ coming - most likely in the coming age.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 20-01-2018, 03:12 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,937
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimtobe
I've always understood the fair exchange between soul and spirit. They are as synonyms to me. But I might not be correct. One might be an umbrella term and the other under it. Or something different.
So, to me, based on that belief/understanding, I'm wondering why you are on a spiritual forum if you dont believe in a soul (sky123), because to me, they're the same thing.

About "God giving birth" I would like to add the idea of God as Female vs God as Male. God is really an It, without gender. But at the same time, reveals Himself as with both male and female characteristics. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a female form of Christ coming - most likely in the coming age.




I'm wondering why you are on a spiritual forum if you dont believe in a soul (sky123), because to me, they're the same thing.'

I think you can find the answer to your ' wondering ' in your own post sometimes the answer is in the question.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 20-01-2018, 04:59 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,937
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
I never figured out what a 'soul' actually is, so it would be ludicrous for me to attempt to answer


When you fiqure it out please let me know
It has intrigued me from a very early age and still can't get anyone I ask to explain.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 20-01-2018, 05:50 PM
muffin muffin is offline
Master
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,422
  muffin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
When you fiqure it out please let me know
It has intrigued me from a very early age and still can't get anyone I ask to explain.

Good afternoon sky

“If we dwell in spirit, or Soul, we are living in happiness, for Soul is a happy entity. It is seldom anything else. When the mind presses in on it too strongly, however, it withdraws and leaves the body under the tyranny of mind.”
Paul Twitchell
__________________
Have fun and enjoy
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums