Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 21-02-2018, 03:32 AM
Master
Sure, She was of the earth no doubt, but with a very pure heart, taken up into the heavens, I can pray too her.

And she for me, get it?
Old 21-02-2018, 09:19 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
Sure, She was of the earth no doubt, but with a very pure heart, taken up into the heavens, I can pray too her.

And she for me, get it?

Your words above
Jesus words below--This is how you should pray--Our Father.
There are those that believe Jesus and those that believe like you. One must ask themselves--Who is correct?
Old 22-02-2018, 04:30 AM
Master
The thing is she intercedes in my prayers and takes them before God.

And being divine can pray for me, before God!

It all goes back to the source no doubt in my heart.

She was the mother of Jesus, but not before/above God.

Jesus the Son of God, Mary was his mother huge this part, no?

Not sure why God needed a son rather a daughter but go figure...

Or did he just hatch from a rock in the desert?.

Let's get that much right.

The flesh, the spirit, the world, the resurrection, the life to come.

What gets us there, a bent knee, a prayer, or universal love?
Old 22-02-2018, 08:41 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
The thing is she intercedes in my prayers and takes them before God.

And being divine can pray for me, before God!

It all goes back to the source no doubt in my heart.

She was the mother of Jesus, but not before/above God.

Jesus the Son of God, Mary was his mother huge this part, no?

Not sure why God needed a son rather a daughter but go figure...

Or did he just hatch from a rock in the desert?.

Let's get that much right.

The flesh, the spirit, the world, the resurrection, the life to come.

What gets us there, a bent knee, a prayer, or universal love?

No where in the bible does it teach it is ok to pray to anyone other than the Father---did you miss---By the traditions of men, you make the word of God invalid.
Old 22-02-2018, 09:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
No where in the bible does it teach it is ok to pray to anyone other than the Father---did you miss---By the traditions of men, you make the word of God invalid.

Man wrote the bible, the tradition of man
Old 23-02-2018, 08:53 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Man wrote the bible, the tradition of man

God inspired the words through men.
Old 23-02-2018, 10:42 PM
Master

Mary represents a place within our hearts, there is a symbolic significance to including her in the scheme of our comprehension of God as opposed to excluding her so that she becomes only the mother Jesus we can forget about, and see no special meaning in

Although scripture does not dwell on this, the traditions are ancient predating the 4th century. Only in the reformation was this facet of the faith squarely taken away. I'm not saying the Catholic understanding of Mary is completely true, just that aspects of Mary and what she represents are interesting and have been helpful to many.

Part of the reason Mary has a high place is that even ancient physicians knew both Mother and Father co-operate in producing a child. They couldn't see how she was not important because of this spiritually as well as physically, and that the bond they had was strong
It's hard for protestants to see this, because they don't see what it is we are seeing when we think of her. It's a certain understanding that comes from dwelling on the mystery of the incarnation

Whether you're comfortable asking her to pray for you or not, possibly what is more significant is the maternal aspect of God she represents, that helps see a more complete picture, which is part of the Father ultimately but somewhere in our heart.
Mary is part of the richness of the faith, but I don't think you have to literally think of Mary as Catholics do, but see there is symbology inherent to her that is understandable

The idea God allowed his church to teach something really wrong for well over a 1000 years is hard to believe. Even if it's not exactly right, he didn't seem to mind that much!
That view is as silly as Catholics who claim no salvation outside the Catholic church. A lot of entrenched positions are really a bit dumb
Not that I believe in ecumenicalism much - let's just be different and not try to merge our beliefs too much, cause we'll only end up messing it up and getting it wrong
Old 23-02-2018, 11:54 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
God inspired the words through men.

Isn't it more likely the words existed long before men ever thought of them? In any case, I don't see the value in praying, I mean it's just saying words, your vocal chords are vibrating at a certain rate and sounds are coming out of your mouth, how is that supposed to change anything?
Old 24-02-2018, 03:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahriman
Isn't it more likely the words existed long before men ever thought of them? In any case, I don't see the value in praying, I mean it's just saying words, your vocal chords are vibrating at a certain rate and sounds are coming out of your mouth, how is that supposed to change anything?
If there is no value in praying, what value is there is speaking to other people? It's just saying words, your vocal chords are vibrating at a certain rate and sounds are coming out of your mouth, how is that supposed to change anything?

When you are speaking to people it can change things a lot. You can give them information they don't already possess and that might motivate them to do something they would not otherwise have done.

It can't change God in the same way because he already knows everything, so we can't teach him anything. But it can bring about other changes. When we pray our attention is focused on God and sometimes it enables him to communicate with us. There are things he will give us only if we ask for them. One of them is wisdom. James 1:5 says, "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him." Surely the acquisition of wisdom is something that is worth praying for.
Old 27-02-2018, 12:09 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahriman

Prayers are usually silent--the real ones come from the heart--the fake ones come from the heart--