Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-01-2018, 11:24 PM
Iamit Iamit is offline
Guide
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: West Wales. u.k
Posts: 684
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
Updating for 2018

Iamit - Neo-Advaita & Tony Parsons extraordinaire Ambassador of 2017/18 playing every trick in the Neo-Advaita book??

*Links underlined*

The Fable of Neo-Advaita Tales v "Everyone else"

Round 1: They talk about us because Advaita-Vedanta is jealous of us!

Round 2: It's different because it's a matter of West v East

Round 3: It's only a matter of personality

Round 4: Neo-Advaita suits people who are tired of being told they are not good enough and that they are not enlightened - this way there is instant coffee

Round 5: There is just anger from the tried and tested way - religions are so scared of Neo-Advaita dethroning them!

Round 6 Mega Punch: Neo-Advaita & Parsons teachings is a rebellion against the "totalitarian" regime of Advaita-Vedanta

Round 7: We need to defend ourselves against the mad persecution of Advaita-Vedanta and other dangerous traditionalists!

Round 8: This is a matter of Human Rights Watch on Religious Violence - HELP I AM BEING ATTACKED

Round 9: I don't understand Sri Nisargadatta's context of teachings but I'll now use Advaita-Vedanta to defend Neo-Advaita, sure it makes sense

Round 10: Rinse and repeat

BT

Look forward to the continued creativity, iamit, is this what "Oneness" "peace" and "no practice required" looks like?

Sign me up for it... (not)

BT

Do you realize you also smear Nisargadatta when you smear the direct approach?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-01-2018, 11:26 PM
Iamit Iamit is offline
Guide
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: West Wales. u.k
Posts: 684
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
Updating for 2018

Iamit - Neo-Advaita & Tony Parsons extraordinaire Ambassador of 2017/18 playing every trick in the Neo-Advaita book??

*Links underlined*

The Fable of Neo-Advaita Tales v "Everyone else"

Round 1: They talk about us because Advaita-Vedanta is jealous of us!

Round 2: It's different because it's a matter of West v East

Round 3: It's only a matter of personality

Round 4: Neo-Advaita suits people who are tired of being told they are not good enough and that they are not enlightened - this way there is instant coffee

Round 5: There is just anger from the tried and tested way - religions are so scared of Neo-Advaita dethroning them!

Round 6 Mega Punch: Neo-Advaita & Parsons teachings is a rebellion against the "totalitarian" regime of Advaita-Vedanta

Round 7: We need to defend ourselves against the mad persecution of Advaita-Vedanta and other dangerous traditionalists!

Round 8: This is a matter of Human Rights Watch on Religious Violence - HELP I AM BEING ATTACKED

Round 9: I don't understand Sri Nisargadatta's context of teachings but I'll now use Advaita-Vedanta to defend Neo-Advaita, sure it makes sense

Round 10: Rinse and repeat

BT

Look forward to the continued creativity, iamit, is this what "Oneness" "peace" and "no practice required" looks like?

Sign me up for it... (not)

BT


Do you realize that you also smear Nisargadatta when you smear the direct approach?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-01-2018, 01:06 AM
Gem Gem is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 18,090
  Gem's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
I don't know because I didn't dwell on that aspect as I'm not into it.

Is there a detailed word index on line that I can use to find the quite long passage with the depressed guy when N gave a long example of the direct approach?

Probably go to my thread on Nisargadatta in this forum section and access the PDF 'I Am That' from there. It goes into detail.

PS. May I suggest ceasing the inane bickering. It makes the thread an unpleasant place to be.
__________________
.
Check out my signature.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-01-2018, 01:19 AM
naturesflow naturesflow is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: In my cocoon.
Posts: 6,750
  naturesflow's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
Ok thanks for sharing. Understood. Sounds like things are going well in the terms you describe.

Yes anything can happen. I can speak about my experience in the past or present. How I feel about connection in the future does not concern me because the future is never here:) I could imagine it but don't bother as it may be nothing like I imagine:)

You don't have to mention the word "judgement" in order to judge what may be right for another. "In the end you are really just seeking yourself- Iamit" You have no idea about that because you do not share my experience. But anyway never mind. Be well and good luck.

There is an awareness of what the potentials of the future may hold, without the imagination getting in the way. I don't have to imagine what the past and present already shows as potential of what has been is and can be.

Obviously, in your assessment of the future, your more attuned to believing it is about imagining details, where as potentials only require a conscious awareness and observation of how life moves and can be as a seed of itself as open source of potential.

Of course I could be wrong in my assessment of you by saying this.

Perhaps you don't observe the movements of yourself and life as close as others might do?

As for my posting of the quote, it opened you up to show how you might perceive me posting that, which is good, because often what comes through at the subtle level of your relating at times tends to make me curious ..
__________________
“God’s one and only voice are Silence.” ~ Herman Melville

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-01-2018, 04:38 PM
Iamit Iamit is offline
Guide
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: West Wales. u.k
Posts: 684
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Probably go to my thread on Nisargadatta in this forum section and access the PDF 'I Am That' from there. It goes into detail.

PS. May I suggest ceasing the inane bickering. It makes the thread an unpleasant place to be.

Ok I'll check it out. Thanks.

"PS. May I suggest ceasing the inane bickering. It makes the thread an unpleasant place to be"

Agreed if only B could cease responding to my posts with smears which need to be challenged. We know what happens if totaltarians are not challenged when denying individual choice. You may have noticed that it is it not I who initiate contact with B. It would be better if the moderators would deal with it but alas it doesn't happen.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-01-2018, 05:43 PM
blossomingtree blossomingtree is offline
Suspended
Ascender
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 940
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
Ok I'll check it out. Thanks.

"PS. May I suggest ceasing the inane bickering. It makes the thread an unpleasant place to be"

Agreed if only B could cease responding to my posts with smears which need to be challenged. We know what happens if totaltarians are not challenged when denying individual choice. You may have noticed that it is it not I who initiate contact with B. It would be better if the moderators would deal with it but alas it doesn't happen.

More evidence of "no path or practice required Tony Parsons spiritual strength"

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...#post 1663931

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...#post 1683268

BT
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-01-2018, 02:44 AM
Iamit Iamit is offline
Guide
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: West Wales. u.k
Posts: 684
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
There is an awareness of what the potentials of the future may hold, without the imagination getting in the way. I don't have to imagine what the past and present already shows as potential of what has been is and can be.

Obviously, in your assessment of the future, your more attuned to believing it is about imagining details, where as potentials only require a conscious awareness and observation of how life moves and can be as a seed of itself as open source of potential.

Of course I could be wrong in my assessment of you by saying this.

Perhaps you don't observe the movements of yourself and life as close as others might do?

As for my posting of the quote, it opened you up to show how you might perceive me posting that, which is good, because often what comes through at the subtle level of your relating at times tends to make me curious ..

Yes of course there can be awareness of what the future may potentially hold. For me that occurs in my imagination. It does occur sometimes but I dont give much attention to it because the feeling arises that it might not happen.It is obviously not a reflection on what is or has happened which I do focus on. I like and study history for what it can reveal about what is happening now. What arises now can be seen to have arisen before and the consequenses observed.

Even with that information there is potentially so much hidden in terms of what is happening and why. (see S kierkegaarde's parable of the Highwayman). There is the idea of an infinate balancing system that operates automatically withot which there would be no duality.

Please say what has made you curious and maybe we can discuss it.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-01-2018, 03:09 AM
Iamit Iamit is offline
Guide
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: West Wales. u.k
Posts: 684
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
More evidence of "no path or practice required Tony Parsons spiritual strength"

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...#post 1663931

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...#post 1683268

BT

Yes these continuing posts are unpleasant but may all please notice that it is not I who initiates contact with this person.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-01-2018, 07:53 AM
Gem Gem is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 18,090
  Gem's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
Ok I'll check it out. Thanks.

"PS. May I suggest ceasing the inane bickering. It makes the thread an unpleasant place to be"

Agreed if only B could cease responding to my posts with smears which need to be challenged. We know what happens if totaltarians are not challenged when denying individual choice. You may have noticed that it is it not I who initiate contact with B. It would be better if the moderators would deal with it but alas it doesn't happen.

Ok, I am pretty fond of that little book and it found it to be a pretty rich piece of work.

Sure, it's ok to say as you please, Iamit - and the vast majority of us appreciate it.

I actually deny individual choice in principle, for this very moment is inevitable and hence choiceless, but it is only proper to allow people to be as they are, think as they think, express themselves as they will - and could only hope to broaden possibilities, deepen and enrich perspectives, and live with the undying wish that this life of mine will result in betterment in the world, at least in some small way.
__________________
.
Check out my signature.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-01-2018, 10:44 AM
Iamit Iamit is offline
Guide
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: West Wales. u.k
Posts: 684
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Ok, I am pretty fond of that little book and it found it to be a pretty rich piece of work.

Sure, it's ok to say as you please, Iamit - and the vast majority of us appreciate it.

I actually deny individual choice in principle, for this very moment is inevitable and hence choiceless, but it is only proper to allow people to be as they are, think as they think, express themselves as they will - and could only hope to broaden possibilities, deepen and enrich perspectives, and live with the undying wish that this life of mine will result in betterment in the world, at least in some small way.

Yes from a non dual perspective there is no-one choosing including the utterance that the right to choose be respected. That each statement plays a part in maintaining an infinite balance may be the mechanism operating even if that balance is not apparent "locally":)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums