Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 03-03-2011, 07:34 AM
Ljenkins

sigh...more anxiety over dumb things, namely future predictions

I had anxiety in the past that I posted about, and I think much of it has cleared up thanks to suggestions from forum members.
Lately, I came across various future life readings, Edgar Cayce readings, and psychic readings about future events that are going to occur. A lot of this has to do with future wars, earthquakes/tsunamis in NYC, LA, and SF, and all that jazz and it's just bringing me back down to a state of depression and anxiety. Mostly because what everyone says varies so wildly that it is extremely hard trying to make sense of things that it drives me nuts. I have heard many different scenarios raised in different future life readings and psychic readings and I know it is impossible for these different senarios to all occur because they are so wildly different. Such as, one person says NYC is leveled by a war, another by an earthquake, another by a tsunami and it is all just making my head rub in circles and I have no idea what I should do or believe. I live in central NJ not far from the shore and this is especially touching close to home for me. Has anyone been through this or have had their own guides or teachers input on this matter?
Old 03-03-2011, 07:58 AM
LightBearer

i feel that there is nothing to be gained by hypothesising about the future.

anxiety at a deep level is fear and worry created by things in the past, and triggered by things in the future.

9 times out of 10 their is very little anxiety about now. the past is done, try your best to work through it and release it. the future is not happening now, and may never happen please try and release that also.

no one truly knows what the future holds, but having lived through many apocalyptic forecasts, where the day of reckoning was no different to the day before, i genuinely do not worry about what some soothsayer predicts.

Anyone forecasting may feel they are of the light, but anything which spreads fear and anxiety is of the dark (like it or not). They may believe they are uber spiritual but they are doing more damage to mankind than some of the darkness they believe they expose.

The bottom line is, look around you, enjoy the abundance of beauty around you, it may be a plant, it may be a bee, but in each moment appreciate it. everything is impermenant, you are not the same as you were 5 mins ago. you are older, you may have been doing press ups and are therefore stronger, you are forever changing. enjoy the wonder of this now, because there is no future there is no past (by this i do not mean anything of doom and gloom, i mean that by the time the future comes it is the now)
Old 03-03-2011, 08:28 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljenkins
I had anxiety in the past that I posted about, and I think much of it has cleared up thanks to suggestions from forum members.
Lately, I came across various future life readings, Edgar Cayce readings, and psychic readings about future events that are going to occur. A lot of this has to do with future wars, earthquakes/tsunamis in NYC, LA, and SF, and all that jazz and it's just bringing me back down to a state of depression and anxiety. Mostly because what everyone says varies so wildly that it is extremely hard trying to make sense of things that it drives me nuts. I have heard many different scenarios raised in different future life readings and psychic readings and I know it is impossible for these different senarios to all occur because they are so wildly different. Such as, one person says NYC is leveled by a war, another by an earthquake, another by a tsunami and it is all just making my head rub in circles and I have no idea what I should do or believe. I live in central NJ not far from the shore and this is especially touching close to home for me. Has anyone been through this or have had their own guides or teachers input on this matter?

The Millennium Bug is alive and kicking, only wearing different clothes. It seems the world and his cat has a vision of doom and gloom and is walking through crowded areas with portents of how humanity is coming to a grisly and gory end. The same as has happened time and again. I can't count how many times I've read something about a major disaster that has never happened. Do yourself a favour and get on with your Life, forget the prophecies.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:39 AM
Ascender

Hi, okay, first of all: the future is NOT set in stone, so it can change. Secondly, if this is the fate of mankind, then so be it; there's nothing you can do to change it. Thirdly, it's not good to ponder over what will be when you should be focusing on what is. Now is the moment; not what was nor what will be. I leave you with this:

"One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering."

Last edited by ROM : 03-03-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:48 AM
Conaeolos

Predicting the future through your own visions or those of others comes down to control. Being special. Being smarter, faster, better than those around us. This can surely have value in its context, but if it is simply feeding a loop of "desiring specialness" be humble enough look at the worst and say "then what?" in traveling down this long why game we come face to face with real choices which can set us free.