Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-01-2018, 01:36 AM
inavalan inavalan is offline
Guide
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 525
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
...
Having said that, this image keeps popping in my mind, but one can clearly see it is a cat:


https://www.google.com/search?q=funn...MibPjaYE317EM:

https://www.metro.us/news/dog-or-cat...--Om57N1rkUOWE

https://www.atchoumthecat.com/my-story.html
My life began like a normal Persian male kitten born on May 10, 2014 but things quickly changed. I was given as a gift to a veterinarian in Repentigny, Quebec, Canada where my mom, Nathalie works as a groomer. She took me home for a weekend and fell in love with me (no surprise there!). She asked the veterinarian if she could adopt me since I was so adorable. She agreed and I found my forever home with two humans, two children and three other cats.

Soon after being adopted it was discovered I have a very rare congenital condition called hypertrichosis (also known as werewolf syndrome). It's less scary than it sounds. It means I have a hormonal condition that causes fast and continual hair growth and the thickening of my claws. My claws were growing so large and fast, it was unsafe and I had to be declawed. I also have tiny teeth but that doesn't stop me from eating well. I'm well cared for by a veterinarian who will monitor my health. Since I am the only cat known to have this condition, is unknown how it will progress. Life is good. I feel good and I believe we need to enjoy every day.
It's a good thing my mom is a groomer because my crazy long hairs on my face are thick like a dog. She doesn't over groom me, since she likes my mad scientist look! She created my Facebook page as a bet with her daughter who thought we would never reach 100 likes! We never thought I would become famous so quickly. Atchoum, Atchoum, Atchoum everywhere! Articles about me were published on Buzzfeed, Mashable, People and many news outlets around the world.

So what am I really like? I'm still a kitten so I'm funny like a clown and curious about everything! I'm crazy about the fridge ice machine and run to it every time it makes a sound. Ice cubes fascinate me and water. I love my family and they love me even when I wake everybody up in the morning by shaking the shower door. And you bet I'm scary smart. Every time I hear the intro to a documentary show (that sometimes features animals) on TV (called Découverte), I run to catch those animals. I also enjoy playing Cat Playground on the iPad.

Don't ask me about my secret friend called "The Enemy" It's complicated. Let's just say it's a love-hate relationship!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-01-2018, 01:36 AM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 7,945
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Actually there is no truth, just beliefs.

We live in a dualistic realm. Here there is no "oneness", and there's no use pretending otherwise.
There is also the difference between 'believing something' and 'knowing something' - one usually leads to the other, but also 'truths' can be 'self-evident' as Thomas Jefferson said.

So, to you, I am 'pretending' but to me I am 'not pretending' who therefore is 'right' and who is 'wrong' in this scenario?

Of course, you believe that you are correct, being that there is no truth, just 'beliefs' (which may be correct or incorrect according to the nature of 'duality') and of course, I know I am correct, based upon individual spiritual experience which transcends everything I personally 'believe in'.

So, you may then decide to call me 'delusional' or say 'I am ignorant/know nothing'...but to me, that would be your ego fighting to assert its dominance and superiority according to your own beliefs, which may/not be 'true' because you don't believe in a unity of consciousness transcending duality.

Then, I would say "that's fine, I know what I do, you believe what you do...everybody is different"...but your ego will still not be satisfied with that, will it? and so you will scour the internet, looking for people who agree with you and provide a hundred links to say that "duality only exists...there is no "oneness/Brahman" because those people hold the same 'beliefs' you do...and so it then becomes what is called an "argumentum ad populum" and of course, I could do the same for those on the opposing side of the fence and we could argue back and forth if God 'exists' or not for an eternity, because it cannot be proven either way and yet, the 'scientific belief' is the one which prevails as it appeals to the human ego or the 'rational mind' that most people think is 'them' in totality.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-01-2018, 01:39 AM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 7,945
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
https://www.google.com/search?q=funn...MibPjaYE317EM:

https://www.metro.us/news/dog-or-cat...--Om57N1rkUOWE

https://www.atchoumthecat.com/my-story.html
My life began like a normal Persian male kitten born on May 10, 2014 but things quickly changed. I was given as a gift to a veterinarian in Repentigny, Quebec, Canada where my mom, Nathalie works as a groomer. She took me home for a weekend and fell in love with me (no surprise there!). She asked the veterinarian if she could adopt me since I was so adorable. She agreed and I found my forever home with two humans, two children and three other cats.

Soon after being adopted it was discovered I have a very rare congenital condition called hypertrichosis (also known as werewolf syndrome). It's less scary than it sounds. It means I have a hormonal condition that causes fast and continual hair growth and the thickening of my claws. My claws were growing so large and fast, it was unsafe and I had to be declawed. I also have tiny teeth but that doesn't stop me from eating well. I'm well cared for by a veterinarian who will monitor my health. Since I am the only cat known to have this condition, is unknown how it will progress. Life is good. I feel good and I believe we need to enjoy every day.
It's a good thing my mom is a groomer because my crazy long hairs on my face are thick like a dog. She doesn't over groom me, since she likes my mad scientist look! She created my Facebook page as a bet with her daughter who thought we would never reach 100 likes! We never thought I would become famous so quickly. Atchoum, Atchoum, Atchoum everywhere! Articles about me were published on Buzzfeed, Mashable, People and many news outlets around the world.

So what am I really like? I'm still a kitten so I'm funny like a clown and curious about everything! I'm crazy about the fridge ice machine and run to it every time it makes a sound. Ice cubes fascinate me and water. I love my family and they love me even when I wake everybody up in the morning by shaking the shower door. And you bet I'm scary smart. Every time I hear the intro to a documentary show (that sometimes features animals) on TV (called Découverte), I run to catch those animals. I also enjoy playing Cat Playground on the iPad.

Don't ask me about my secret friend called "The Enemy" It's complicated. Let's just say it's a love-hate relationship!
The background story to that picture is very interesting! I had no idea of it or how that came about, but the cat is still a cat isn't it? It is just a 'mutated cat'. lol Thanks for providing that story.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-01-2018, 01:40 AM
Universal.Vibe Universal.Vibe is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: 2999 A.D
Posts: 284
  Universal.Vibe's Avatar
I assume everything I assume is just assumptions.

I assume 1+1=2 but I can't be sure as I assume I'm not omniscient.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-01-2018, 01:45 AM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 7,945
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal.Vibe
I assume everything I assume is just assumptions.

I assume 1+1=2 but I can't be sure as I assume I'm not omniscient.
How does one assume they are not omniscient? Isn't that something you know?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-01-2018, 02:30 AM
Universal.Vibe Universal.Vibe is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: 2999 A.D
Posts: 284
  Universal.Vibe's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
How does one assume they are not omniscient? Isn't that something you know?

You'd think so wouldn't you xD
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-01-2018, 02:33 AM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 7,945
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal.Vibe
You'd think so wouldn't you xD
Thank you for making me laugh. Not many can do that, but you've touched that weird sense of humour I have and have briefly taken me out of my head.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-01-2018, 03:24 AM
Universal.Vibe Universal.Vibe is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: 2999 A.D
Posts: 284
  Universal.Vibe's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Thank you for making me laugh. Not many can do that, but you've touched that weird sense of humour I have and have briefly taken me out of my head.
Any time, but give your self some credit too
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 18-01-2018, 02:31 AM
open2it open2it is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 98
 
Well there are beliefs and then there is the Truth or whatever you want to call it that does the manifestation. Sorry but I disagree that a duality exists meaning there is good and bad that are of powers of themselves. There is a oneness and nothing happens except by that oneness. How we use that oneness determines good or bad.

All a person has to do to prove there is some power or supreme intelligence or something outside of ourselves at work in the universe is to put something in thought, speak it, give it affirmation and watch as something will happen relating to it. Granted if you affirm it is stupid superstition then you will get what you believe it to be.

Here is a video of an experiment that has been performed many times by many people and they had very similar results. Something outside of ourselves reacts to our thoughts, beliefs and or actions. Change is not by coincidence.
.........
http://www.wakingtimes.com/2018/01/1...ention-matter/
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 18-01-2018, 10:50 AM
Universal.Vibe Universal.Vibe is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: 2999 A.D
Posts: 284
  Universal.Vibe's Avatar
Under the premise of oneness matter has equal say over intention as does intention over matter.
We use oneness as we are used by it.
That's why you on a forum dedicated to chatting philosophical nonsense instead of living your dreams.
(Unless this is your dream, then I'll say you truly are being used)
__________________
Somebody once said:
Change the way you think, You change your entire world.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums